Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Okay, I came here and registered just to talk about this book lol.

Let me start off by saying I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan. By huge I mean, I was born in '86 and when I heard the movie was getting released again in theaters for a limited run, I bought tickets as soon as I could on Fandango, and made an appointment to get the no ghost logo tattooed on my arm the same day I was seeing the movie, and it's now forever a part of me.

Having said all that, I'm obviously either going to really love the comic, or hate it, and I absolutely adore it! I just finished issue #3 and it was just fantastic. I read some of the mini series that IDW published, but honestly felt cold about them because they had to jump in, do the story, and finish. Not that the stories were horrible, it's just that there was no breathing room. With the ongoing, There's time to breathe and have those little character moments and interactions that makes Ghostbusters what it is. One thing I was really worried about was that the book wouldn't be able to capture the voices of the characters and their distinct personalities, but that concern was easily put to rest with the very first issue. Strangely though, when I read it, I more often hear the voices from The Real Ghostbusters, rather than the live action actors. Maybe it's because of the animated art style. Speaking of which, I love how the art style and design feels like a perfect combination of the films and the cartoon. Ray has the head and hair of Dan, but that smile and facial features of the cartoon. Peter has the look of an animated Bill Murray etc. In essence, if The RGB was made for adults, rather than children who might not be able to tell all the characters apart, this is how the show would have turned out! It's just perfect. I love that the settings and equipment are mixed together as well. The Ectomobile is clearly designed from the look of the car in the second movie, while the proton packs and the giant basement with the big round containment unit are straight from the cartoon.

I find it funny that after years of buying superhero comics from the "Big Two", I got so burned out on breaking the piggy bank trying to buy 50 issues a month just to keep up with a few story lines, and finally just dropped them all. Now the only two monthly books I'm buying are Ghostbusters and TMNT, both from IDW, and the two biggest "franchises" of my childhood. I don't mind mini series and tie ins, but when your expected to drop a couple hundred dollars a month to keep up with the "major" storyline, it's just ridiculous. Keep up the good work! As long as you do, you've got my money!

Elder Member

First miniseries was good.
    Second one sucked.
    One-shots were great.
    Last edited by wyokid; 12-06-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Well, #4 came out last week, and the first arc is done...

Any thoughts? (: #5 in just a few weeks!
    Comic book writer & artist. Working on IDW's monthly GHOSTBUSTERS +TMNT and Scarlet Spider at Marvel.

www.burnhamania.com
    www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
    www.twitter.com/erikburnham

love the book!!! As a ghostbuster fan for over 20 years its awesome to finally be able to read gb comics that are actually good... Any chance of a shout out or appearance of the extreme ghostbusters? loved those characters (i know im probably the only one lol). Also really wanted a list of the easter eggs in each issue (maybe in the trade) I caught alot of them but im sure some went over my head.... thanks again

An official, complete easter egg list isn't likely to happen (since there are some things that others don't want officially pointed out in print and these others - I'm being intentionally vague - have the say.) (: Unofficial message board lists have caught about everything, though.

As to the EGB?

Tristan Jones is a huge fan and made a suggestion to me about a pretty specific nod. That's all I'm saying. (;
    Comic book writer & artist. Working on IDW's monthly GHOSTBUSTERS +TMNT and Scarlet Spider at Marvel.

www.burnhamania.com

Just saw the #3 preview and laughed at the filmations ghostbusters slam!

I think it was issue two, but the PKE meter Egon is using has the sticker that was used for the PKE hand held toy's image screen on its monitor. Seriously, go check it out. I welled up with teary eyed nostalgia for that one.
    Last edited by Three; 12-31-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    ☆ REAL MEN WEAR HOODIES ☆

Oh, and in issue 3, who is that guy standing on the bridge above Ecto-1? I know it is an Easter egg, but I cannot place him.
    ☆ REAL MEN WEAR HOODIES ☆

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Oh, and in issue 3, who is that guy standing on the bridge above Ecto-1? I know it is an Easter egg, but I cannot place him.
    It's the leader troll from the RGB troll episode.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

#5 was great!

I'm thinking it might be time to start cameo and reference checklist for this comic.

I can't wait to see what this threat pans out to be.

Cool

Also, there's a four-part event starting in May. Here's the teaser image:

Another great issue!

"What took you guys so long?"

"Wild Horses."

"They're not supposed to do that."

And Code Reagan was a nice Exorcist nod.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Another great issue!

"What took you guys so long?"

"Wild Horses."

"They're not supposed to do that."

And Code Reagan was a nice Exorcist nod.
    Thanks!

That wild horses line has been the #1 most mentioned line to me yet. lol

Back to work, now...

www.burnhamania.com

Elder Member

Great issue!
    Still loving all the references.
    Art is still gorgeous.

From IDW's Tumblr (yeah...Tumblr...that kinda surprised me)

Last edited by wyokid; 03-03-2012 at 11:45 AM.

I'm pretty interested in seeing the all across America arc coming up. It'll be interesting to see where the video game storylines fit in this continuity.