Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by toodiesel View Post
    Glad to see Apple users getting the finger, serves them right for supporting overpriced hardware. I wonder why DC's comixology store doesn't have Watchmen, pretty weird for their "official" digital store not to carry Watchmen.
    At what point do people need to use Apple products to read comics on Comixology?

Oh Woe is me? What will me and my poor iPad do? I'm so sorry DC!
    Because it is not like I can download all those comics for free, oh wait yes I can, and now I guess I will and maybe I will download every comic DC produces while I am at it! Nice move Dc, you F**ktards.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaZilla View Post
    Oh Woe is me? What will me and my poor iPad do? I'm so sorry DC!
    Because it is not like I can download all those comics for free, oh wait yes I can, and now I guess I will and maybe I will download every comic DC produces while I am at it! Nice move Dc, you F**ktards.
    Because piracy solves everything, right?

Oh, wait, no it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by toodiesel View Post
    Glad to see Apple users getting the finger, serves them right for supporting overpriced hardware. I wonder why DC's comixology store doesn't have Watchmen, pretty weird for their "official" digital store not to carry Watchmen.
    right, cause Comixology is iOS exclusive?

Well, except for being on Android.

And web browser based.

So yeah, screw the apple fanboys. Or, screw other comic fans I guess we could say.
    Lapsed comic fan (20,000+ singles in the basement!) that's hugely enthused for the digital DC Comics relaunch.
    - EIC, The Fandom Post

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Lord View Post
    ... Well, that sucks. I specifically purchased an iPad 2 to read comic books digitally. :\ "Superman: Earth One" is one of my favorite graphic novels as well.
    me too. i loved superman earth one

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    As someone on an iPad who has been enthralled with digital comics and has supported them since they got started, I have this to say to DC regarding these being exclusives: thanks a lot. Really. I mean it. Bunches. I love being a supporter and getting a middle finger in return. Feels great. Please remind me why I shouldn't just get these off a torrent now?
    That's my take on it. Eventually it will be available to all other tablet platforms. People are crying over nothing. You'll just have to wait. What am I thinking, this is the Instant Gratification generation. Single issues will still be available.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRaven View Post
    At what point do people need to use Apple products to read comics on Comixology?
    They don't, why?

Yeah exactly besides most of these are collect single issues which could be found on comixology, and even the original graphic novels like superman earth one was released like so long ago. Everyone probably have gotten the print edition

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Beveridge View Post
    right, cause Comixology is iOS exclusive?

Well, except for being on Android.

And web browser based.

So yeah, screw the apple fanboys. Or, screw other comic fans I guess we could say.
    I never implied anything of the sort, aside from "screw the apple fanboys". I just opined that it's weird Comixology doesn't have Watchmen, considering their relationship with DC.

Because piracy solves everything, right?

Oh, wait, no it doesn't.
    uh, well in this case, it solves the problem of not being able to read watchmen digitally without buying a Kindle Fire.

All you need is something that reads .cbr or .cbz files and know where to find pirated comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    uh, well in this case, it solves the problem of not being able to read watchmen digitally without buying a Kindle Fire.

All you need is something that reads .cbr or .cbz files and know where to find pirated comics.
    Yes, you are correct. I'm absolutely positive that guy really needs to 'download every comic DC produces' in order to read Watchmen digitally.

My concern is how well the comics will come across on a screen as small as the one on the Kindle Fire. I really want a tablet to read comics on and have been leaning towards an iPad since it seems to be the only decent tablet out there. The price of the Kindle Fire is tempting, but at the end of the day, I think I'd rather shell out the extra cash for a few more inches of screen as I think it will be better for reading comics.
    As for the news of the deal, I hope they make it available to all Kindle readers, including the ones for iPad and iPhone. I would actually consider reading Superman: Earth 1 for $9.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post

well. the quality will be diff, its like downloading a movie online before the dvd is release. yes u can download them and rob creators off their livelyhood but get a poor quality experience or u can watch it in the theatres.

This is a really poor move if DC wants to expand their market, not just because the iPad has over 25 million owners, but also because I would much rather read a comic on a larger screen android tablet as well. I already wish my iPad was just a little bigger, so I didn't have to zoom from time to time to read really small text.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

I hope, at the very least, this exclusive is treated like other "digital" exclusives, in that they are only for a limited time. DC would be dumb to not have a book like Watchmen eventually show up on what is the #1 digital comics app and site.

Yes, you are correct. I'm absolutely positive that guy really needs to 'download every comic DC produces' in order to read Watchmen digitally.
    No, you're right. No one has to take this watchmen exclusive issue as a reason to pirate every comic DC has or ever will produce. I only meant that pirating the book in question, would solve the exclusive boundary.

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare
    well. the quality will be diff, its like downloading a movie online before the dvd is release. yes u can download them and rob creators off their livelyhood but get a poor quality experience or u can watch it in the theatres.
    If you're talking about a "shaky-cam" recording of a movie at the theater, yeah, you'd be correct. However, the Watchmen book has been available for a very long time, and I'm sure there are numerous high-quality scans out there somewhere. An advantage, if it were on the comixology app, would be the zoomed-in guided view, but I have no idea if the Kindle Fire will have such a feature.