Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Watchmen," Other DC Titles Announced as Kindle Fire Digital Exclusives

DC Comics has announced that digital versions of the publisher's graphic novels, including "Watchmen," "Superman: Earth One" and more, will be released exclusively for Amazon's Kindle Fire.

Full article here.

Reserving judgment until I see some pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Reserving judgment until I see some pricing.
    Watchmen and Superman: Earth 1 are $9.99 each. Link
    Lapsed comic fan (20,000+ singles in the basement!) that's hugely enthused for the digital DC Comics relaunch.
    - EIC, The Fandom Post

Exclusive = not good

That explains why they're not in Comixology. I'd been wondering why they hadn't put out graphic novels the way other publishers had.
    CBR Community Citizen of the Year 1992, 1993, 1995

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

Exclusive = exact opposite of making it available to everyone. Unless maybe it can be read on ALL the Kindle apps.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

As someone on an iPad who has been enthralled with digital comics and has supported them since they got started, I have this to say to DC regarding these being exclusives: thanks a lot. Really. I mean it. Bunches. I love being a supporter and getting a middle finger in return. Feels great. Please remind me why I shouldn't just get these off a torrent now?

Great deal for the Kindle Fire (looks like a very solid product)

... a so-so deal for comics.
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

So much for accessibility.

Looks like I won't be buying those digitally then. Well done DC.

Default comixology

Glad to see Apple users getting the finger, serves them right for supporting overpriced hardware. I wonder why DC's comixology store doesn't have Watchmen, pretty weird for their "official" digital store not to carry Watchmen.

I think its a first step to test the markets first. After the good response, they would definitely upload it unto other market. Not to mention theres going to be more TP for the new 52 that isnt even out yet and I believe those wont go exclusive to kindle fire

Quote Originally Posted by toodiesel View Post
    Glad to see Apple users getting the finger, serves them right for supporting overpriced hardware. I wonder why DC's comixology store doesn't have Watchmen, pretty weird for their "official" digital store not to carry Watchmen.
    LOL. yeah. go android, boo apple. jk

I'll be curious to see how these shake out. For example, Batman: The Long Halloween is listed as an exclusive, but DC just was selling that via their iOS and Android apps a few weekends ago in single issues.

Most of these properties are collections of single issues, not really OGNs. It could be that the single issues will still be available elsewhere and that's fine.

Personally, unless there is a big discount, digital makes collected editions moot because I'd rather pay for the installments when I'm actually going to read them than pay the full price for all the issues when I might not read them for weeks/months/years.
    I write a few reviews/week for:
    weeklycomicbookreview.com

My comic review blog (for whatever I don't get to review at WCBR):
    allthiscrap.blogspot.com

... Well, that sucks. I specifically purchased an iPad 2 to read comic books digitally. :\ "Superman: Earth One" is one of my favorite graphic novels as well.