Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

this guy is alot like John Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by de Sosa View Post
    this guy is alot like John Constantine.
    Can't be helped. hopefully reading more will change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kingvmr View Post
    Can't be helped. hopefully reading more will change your mind.
    What do you mean can't be helped? It can easily be helped. Simply make the character more unique and creative, in everything from design to personality, rather than just blatantly copy an existing established character?Why can't you help that?

What do you mean can't be helped? It can easily be helped. Simply make the character more unique and creative, in everything from design to personality, rather than just blatantly copy an existing established character?Why can't you help that?
    I didn't copy Constantine at all. They happen to both be involved in magic and smoke and drink besides that he's based on my personality. Though it seems you've already made up your mind so it's pointless to go further into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingvmr View Post
    I didn't copy Constantine at all. They happen to both be involved in magic and smoke and drink besides that he's based on my personality. Though it seems you've already made up your mind so it's pointless to go further into it.
    both wear trenchcoats..."They happen to both be involved in magic and smoke and drink"...so you're telling me you've never read a Hellblazer or Swampthing comic in your life, or seen images of the character and came up with William Feist completely independantly?

both wear trenchcoats..."They happen to both be involved in magic and smoke and drink"...so you're telling me you've never read a Hellblazer or Swamp thing comic in your life, or seen images of the character and came up with William Feist completely independantly?
    Honestly? I did read swamp thing as a kid and I knew of Constantine but he wasn't a influence. The trench coat was something we put on him at first because it was a noir Humphrey Bogart thing, but we got sick of it and destroyed it in issue 2.

As far as the smoking and drinking goes he uses it to hide his inner problems it's a self destructive thing.

Finally everything has some type of inspiration. I was inspired by a lot of things creating William Feist. Noir, Horror, Comedy, Old myths, hell even videogames and wrestling. We are inspired by something nothing is truly original. Even Constantine was based on Sting and other people Moore had swimming around in his head. It's just unavoidable to do a comic about anything and not have it compared to something, but I'm trying hard to make William Feist as original as it can be.

New page online.

New page online.

Really good, nice art, great story. Check out mine on the Surreal Murder Mystery thread or at cdgraphicnovels.blogspot.com, sort of similar, but not at all similar... If you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by cdgraphicnovels View Post
    Really good, nice art, great story. Check out mine on the Surreal Murder Mystery thread or at cdgraphicnovels.blogspot.com, sort of similar, but not at all similar... If you know what I mean
    Thanks. I'll definitely check it out.

New page online

William feist returns with a new page and back to b&w pages.

New page online right here http://olddyingkitty.com/William_Feist/