Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Yeah it didn't reach Europe either this week. Was 'forced' to get the torrent file, but I will get the physical copy next week and the hardcover later this year, which justifies the theft imo

It was another great read and a very good arc overall, especially after the last arc, which I didn't like a lot. I also expected Travis' story to be a bit more than what it turned out to be at this stage, but I love all the speculation here. There is still a world of possibilities for Travis' backstory to explore.

Can't wait for the next arc and the mini!

I haven't been reading from the beginning, so can someone explain to me who the agent guys who stopped Sweet from killing Travis are?

Quote Originally Posted by Apers View Post
    I haven't been reading from the beginning, so can someone explain to me who the agent guys who stopped Sweet from killing Travis are?
    The main guy is Linden Hobbes, and he's their leader. The group is the Vassals of the Morning Star. They're trying to rid the world of vampires.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I've just recently read volumes 1-3 again (I don't collect the monthly), and this book is just too damn awesome. I can't wait for volume 4.

Issue 25 the classic Snyder. I have to force myself to read slowly and enjoy the art work. I ate this issue up and was not disappointed. All the twists and turns left me wanting more. I pull AV every month. I suppose I will do some back issue digging on AV and see where Travis may be linked. I like all of your ideas about Travis. I'm really interested in the Vassals. Why hook up with Sweet? I am starting to lean towards Vassals are up to no good. Pearl is gonna flip too and who will take the the brunt force of her wrath? Did Pearl's old girl friend have something to do with Henry?

Just re-read the entire series to date over the last couple days. What a great series. I'm excited for the next two arcs, The Nocturnes and The Blacklist. Snyder's writing is consistently just so engaging and Albuquerque's artwork is superb. That splash panel in Issue 24 with Travis and Skinner near the end is just so awesome.

Question though: Is Mimiteh from Beast in the Cave an American Vampire like Skinner and Pearl? Cause she and Hole in the Sky look completely different, much more hellish Bat-Demon than Rattlesnake-inspired look of our favourite protagonists.

SUPER MITTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsh View Post
    Is Mimiteh from Beast in the Cave an American Vampire like Skinner and Pearl?
    I think, and I'm pretty sure... that she's suppose to be the FIRST American Vampire.

BTW, the newest issue #26 is OUT OF CONTROL!! I didn't think it could get any better. Just when you think Snyder's going to take you on a[nother] ride discovering even more American Vampires he throws you for a GIGANTIC loop.

Bravo sir!
    Last edited by GI_Jolie; 05-04-2012 at 12:42 PM.

I assumed that the Native American vampires were actually a different breed than the "New World" American vampires. I imagine he's going to return to that at some point.

I didn't like the last fill-in issues that much, but #26 was excellent. Really looking forward to the next issue.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

I don't think Mimiteh was technically an Amiercan Vampire. Those transformations were much different, more like feral beasts. I mean, I guess you could call it a Native American Vampire, because her strain was a different mutation, when she got bit. Skinner's is his own mutation that he's spread.

I don't know for sure, but I think the whole point of Beast Cave was to establish her as the first true American vampire.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

I interpreted it as something along the lines of her being the last step before the American Vampires we're following. The last common ancestor before vampire evolution spat out Skinner.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Loving this series. Just read all 26 issues again. I still think that Travis = Gus. When the vampires "killed his family" that was during the 1936 story arc and Travis said he was 4 years old then. At the start of the death race arc, he says he just turned 19 in 1954. Unless my math is wrong, there is no way he could have been 4 when his family was killed in 1936. Did I miss something somewhere that says otherwise?

SUPER MITTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I think the whole point of Beast Cave was to establish her as the first true American vampire.
    I think you're right. In fact, we should get a quote from Snyder about it. I'll tweet him right now and get back you guys. For some reason I need a definitive answer on this :P

SUPER MITTEN!

According to AV editor Mark Doyle. Mimeteh IS the first American Vampire, and it's not the last we've seen of her!

From Twitter:
    Yup. Nice catch:) RT @ComicSyndicate: @Ssnyder1835 Help us clear something up Q: is Mimeteh THE FIRST American Vampire?
    @doyle_dcvertigo Thanks! problem solved :)

@ComicSyndicate or problem waiting to happen...

I wonder how Scott Snyder will return to the subject of Mimeteh: another flashback mini-arc, a mini-series, or in the main continuity of AV? I think the idea of her and Sweet meeting again decades later would be interesting.