Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I read volume one yesterday and this is a fantastic book. I am really looking foward to reading what comes next. Hopefully my shop gets next next volumes in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    According to Vertigo website 2 May.

TP 3 should then come in September, as is HC 4, according to Vertigo's Blog.
    Ah, nice. Thank you.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    SotF is in volume 3, so double the fun for a bargain price :)
    So my Volume 3 arrived from Amazon UK today. Luckily it has the proper cover not the cover amazon put up and didn't change when I told them it was wrong...

And it sure as hell is double the fun! It looks great and with SotF in there too it's pretty huge too. Love it.

I've already read the content of it monthly but can't wait to have a re-read of it all together.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

I'm not so sure that Travis is really spoilers:
    Gus
    end of spoilers.

I've been rereading the entire series, just because of how frigging awesome it is, and I've noticed some timeline events that might disprove the theory.

spoilers:
    By the end of SoTF, Gus was in the care of Felicia. SoTF started in 1941. Now in the most recent issue of AV, we see a flashback of Travis back in the La Jolla Sanatorium, which was dated to be 15 years ago from the current storyline. 15 years ago from 1954 would be 1939, which unfortunately, I believe, disproves the Gus theory. This is because Gus hasn't been cured of his vampirism until the end of SoTF, and Travis looks like a normal human being back in 1939.
    end of spoilers

Which I'm more than fine with, because in just two issues, Snyder has created yet ANOTHER interesting character for us to follow.

If anything, I can't wait to see what spoilers:
    Gus has been doing since the end of SoTF. So many stories to tell! Though here's my own little theory to really stir things up, given the age of both Gus and Travis, and unless i'm mistaken and Gus and Travis really are one and the same, I think eventually down the road of AV, Gus and Travis will eventually cross paths, and we'll have a nice little team up going, hopefully!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Bull**** that 24 comes out tomorrow and there's no preview. There should've been one two days ago >.<

Just ordered volume 3 the other day, can't wait to get started on that
    Currently Reading: The Authority, Bone

Comics Of Days Past - Reading the greats of yesteryear

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Decay View Post
    Bull**** that 24 comes out tomorrow and there's no preview. There should've been one two days ago >.<
    Well, I complained to Snyder on twitter, and then voila!

BANNED

Loved 24. The sequences of Travis' childhood are great. I've never been as much of a fan of the art as everyone else, but there's a spread here that's absolutely beautiful.

Another fantastic issue. Snyder and Albuquerque are awesome.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

I love the Duke of Hazzard-like splash page. Awesome stuff. Once again, I cannot wait 'til the next issue! Damn you Snyyyyydeeeerrrrr!!!

All I gotta say is I read for the awesome mythology of Am Vamp but stay for the sweet sweet Skinner Sweet!

aw yeah. new american vampire mini-series with art from freaking DUSTIN NGUYEN! link to maxim

SPACE FOR RENT!

BANNED

^ Awesome.

Scott Snyder and Dustin Nguyen? Good god, that's awesome.

Sweet Jesus, yes!