Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    spoilers:
    CAASSSHHH!!!!! Why'd you have to go all badass and die for?
    Happy Gus seemingly is cured in the end though.
    end of spoilers
    It sucks. He was awesome.

BUT!

I have a Theory on Travis Kidd, the new vampire hunter in #22 who the Vassals want, and has some connection to Skinner Sweet...

spoilers:
    Real name = Gus McCoogan, grown up. I did the math, Gus was born in 1936, and would be in his early 20s in the mid 1950s. It has to be him, right?
    end of spoilers

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Man, SOTHF bummed me out. Great read though.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post

BUT!

I have a Theory on Travis Kidd, the new vampire hunter in #22 who the Vassals want, and has some connection to Skinner Sweet...

spoilers:
    Real name = Gus McCoogan, grown up. I did the math, Gus was born in 1936, and would be in his early 20s in the mid 1950s. It has to be him, right?
    end of spoilers
    That would be soooo frigging cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    spoilers:
    I expected more stories from the VotMS perspective, so it really shocked me that Cash died -- great death, though! -- and Felicia is cured.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think so. The cure was still in the syringe.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Great catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don't think so. The cure was still in the syringe.
    Was it? Some was still in the syringe, but not necessarily all. I'm not sure. What do others think?

His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Was it? Some was still in the syringe, but not necessarily all. I'm not sure. What do others think?

Also they had Cash telling her how she was anything but damaged goods because of her vamp blood and what have you prior in the book. So they were even kind of leading to her not taking the cure.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-13-2011 at 11:16 AM.

At first glance I thought Felicia took the cure, but now that it is pointed out, I don't think so anymore.

Also, on who I think Travis is, him using wooden fangs like a vampire would make more sense given his potential pass.

Man I hope I'm right

At first glance I thought Felicia took the cure, but now that it is pointed out, I don't think so anymore.

Also, on who I think Travis is, him using wooden fangs like a vampire would make more sense given his potential pass.

Man I hope I'm right
    I hadn't noticed it before, but the coloring could be a giveaway. There's no visual evidence of her injecting the cure, and where as Gus has a different complexion post injection, Felicia's still the same greenish shade throughout. Damn. Now I'm intrigued.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I hadn't even noticed the skin tone, but that seems pretty convincing that Felicia didn't take it.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

I really wish I hadn't read this thread before reading SotF5 D: but I loved this mini and hope Snyder does another next summer like he said he may.

Anyone else really annoyed by how the syringe looks? With the syringe obviously full of air which is actually dangerous as all hell.

You know, the more I think about it.....Survival of the Fittest would make one hell of a movie.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    You know, the more I think about it.....Survival of the Fittest would make one hell of a movie.
    That's what it felt like to me - like I was reading an action movie, especially the last two issues. :)
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Default American vampire question?

How is the first arc to be read? I just realized there are 2 stories per book. Should I real all of the snyder stuff then all the sking stuff or both at the same time? Can you read all through one story and then all through the other or will it be confusing?

It doesn't matter. It was originally published so each issue had part of the Snyder story and part of the King story, and I understood everything fine.

Personally I would read the entire Snyder story and then the entire King story, but it really doesn't matter.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Seconded, it really doesn't matter in the least. I first read them as they were presented, a segment of Snyder then a segment of King, but I think I appreciated them more rereading them as one cohesive narrative each. I kind of wish the HC had separated them.
    I gave Iris West -- the kiss of death!

I would recommend just reading them at the same time. That's how I did, and I've grasped the story just fine.