Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ultimate Spider-Gangsign?

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but it appears that on the cover and possible one variant cover, Miles is swinging with Gangsigns. I didn't even notice it, my younger brother pointed it out, so I thought maybe it was missed by some.

He looks like he's throwing up "East Side" as he swings, using his right hand in the first picture (Maybe, can't be seen clearly), and "representing" with his web hand in the second.

(For those unfamiliar with both East Side and Snoop AKA Snoop Dizzle AKA Snoop Dee Oh Double Gee.)

Yeah... Miles is just shooting his webs. He's not a gangbanger

One could also argue that he's displaying a sexually vulgar hand-signal as well, but we all know that's not the case either

Lol wtf.......

I think you're just reading into the picture too much.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Yeah... Miles is just shooting his webs. He's not a gangbanger

One could also argue that he's displaying a sexually vulgar hand-signal as well, but we all know that's not the case either
    You don't have to be a gangbanger to throw up handsigns. In fact, in my old neighborhood, the east side of providence, it was simply a sign to acknowledge that you were from the east side.

I don't know many sexually vulgar handsigns, but the hand placement matches Snoops exactly. So unless this other sign looks exactly like East Side... I don't know. This was just an observation my brother pointed out when we were reading the issue.

Goblin Cultist PhilUrich'sFlamingSword's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zidiane View Post
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but it appears that on the cover and possible one variant cover, Miles is swinging with Gangsigns. I didn't even notice it, my younger brother pointed it out, so I thought maybe it was missed by some.

He looks like he's throwing up "East Side" as he swings, using his right hand in the first picture (Maybe, can't be seen clearly), and "representing" with his web hand in the second.

(For those unfamiliar with both East Side and Snoop AKA Snoop Dizzle AKA Snoop Dee Oh Double Gee.)
    If it were Peter, he'd just be swinging on webs. But it's Miles, who's a minority, so his completely non-descript hand gestures are now 'gang signs.' This post was a joke, right?
    The Amazing Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, FF, All Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUrich'sFlamingSword View Post
    If it were Peter, he'd just be swinging on webs. But it's Miles, who's a minority, so his completely non-descript hand gestures are now 'gang signs.' This post was a joke, right?
    The post was a half joke. It isn't that it's because Miles is using the gesture that I think it looks like repping east side, it's just that every time I see the hand posed in that particular way, it's either someone (usually white) messing around and throwing up random "Gangsta" handsigns, or someone throwing up "East Side". So, once I paid attention to the hand, that's the only thing I can see. With Peter, I wasn't inroduced to any forms of Rock 'n Roll until afterwards, but I still sometimes imagined Peter at a Heavy Metal concert, banging his head with his tongue fully outstretched.

Ignore that post
    Last edited by Fargo; 09-23-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    So spider-girl is using a Latin king sign gesture then?
    Well, I thought the Latin Kings sign used two hands, but yeah, if the first thing that comes to mind is Latin Kings when you see her swinging, then yes. Of course, the first thing I think of is Heavy Metal when I see her's and Peter's hand positions.

senseless thread
    Last edited by Fargo; 09-23-2011 at 12:27 PM.

This is such a stupid thread

Quote Originally Posted by ASR View Post
    This is such a stupid thread

Miles is both the new Spidey and the new SHOCKER!!!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

This thread is comparable to the Ultimatum Appreciation thread. So I think this says enough.
    Last edited by Trevor M.; 09-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

Doom has gone Digital LaughingDoomBot's Avatar

this thread is flame bait....better lock it before people get off work...

btw yes the newest black charecter would be throwing up a gang sign...