Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default Ultimate Spider-Gangsign?

    Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but it appears that on the cover and possible one variant cover, Miles is swinging with Gangsigns. I didn't even notice it, my younger brother pointed it out, so I thought maybe it was missed by some.

    He looks like he's throwing up "East Side" as he swings, using his right hand in the first picture (Maybe, can't be seen clearly), and "representing" with his web hand in the second.

    (For those unfamiliar with both East Side and Snoop AKA Snoop Dizzle AKA Snoop Dee Oh Double Gee.)

  2. #2
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,514

    Default

    Yeah... Miles is just shooting his webs. He's not a gangbanger

    One could also argue that he's displaying a sexually vulgar hand-signal as well, but we all know that's not the case either

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Lol wtf.......

  4. #4
    Back to formula?! Sinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    I think you're just reading into the picture too much.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Yeah... Miles is just shooting his webs. He's not a gangbanger

    One could also argue that he's displaying a sexually vulgar hand-signal as well, but we all know that's not the case either
    You don't have to be a gangbanger to throw up handsigns. In fact, in my old neighborhood, the east side of providence, it was simply a sign to acknowledge that you were from the east side.

    I don't know many sexually vulgar handsigns, but the hand placement matches Snoops exactly. So unless this other sign looks exactly like East Side... I don't know. This was just an observation my brother pointed out when we were reading the issue.

  6. #6
    Goblin Cultist PhilUrich'sFlamingSword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zidiane View Post
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but it appears that on the cover and possible one variant cover, Miles is swinging with Gangsigns. I didn't even notice it, my younger brother pointed it out, so I thought maybe it was missed by some.

    He looks like he's throwing up "East Side" as he swings, using his right hand in the first picture (Maybe, can't be seen clearly), and "representing" with his web hand in the second.

    (For those unfamiliar with both East Side and Snoop AKA Snoop Dizzle AKA Snoop Dee Oh Double Gee.)
    If it were Peter, he'd just be swinging on webs. But it's Miles, who's a minority, so his completely non-descript hand gestures are now 'gang signs.' This post was a joke, right?
    The Amazing Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, FF, All Ultimate

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilUrich'sFlamingSword View Post
    If it were Peter, he'd just be swinging on webs. But it's Miles, who's a minority, so his completely non-descript hand gestures are now 'gang signs.' This post was a joke, right?
    The post was a half joke. It isn't that it's because Miles is using the gesture that I think it looks like repping east side, it's just that every time I see the hand posed in that particular way, it's either someone (usually white) messing around and throwing up random "Gangsta" handsigns, or someone throwing up "East Side". So, once I paid attention to the hand, that's the only thing I can see. With Peter, I wasn't inroduced to any forms of Rock 'n Roll until afterwards, but I still sometimes imagined Peter at a Heavy Metal concert, banging his head with his tongue fully outstretched.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Ignore that post
    Last edited by Fargo; 09-23-2011 at 11:29 AM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    So spider-girl is using a Latin king sign gesture then?
    Well, I thought the Latin Kings sign used two hands, but yeah, if the first thing that comes to mind is Latin Kings when you see her swinging, then yes. Of course, the first thing I think of is Heavy Metal when I see her's and Peter's hand positions.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    senseless thread
    Last edited by Fargo; 09-23-2011 at 12:27 PM.

  11. #11
    Equally as Unenthusiastic ASR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    768

    Default

    This is such a stupid thread

  12. #12
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASR View Post
    This is such a stupid thread

  13. #13
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,380

    Default

    Miles is both the new Spidey and the new SHOCKER!!!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Trevor M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    This thread is comparable to the Ultimatum Appreciation thread. So I think this says enough.
    Last edited by Trevor M.; 09-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

  15. #15
    Doom has gone Digital LaughingDoomBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    308

    Default

    this thread is flame bait....better lock it before people get off work...

    btw yes the newest black charecter would be throwing up a gang sign...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •