Page 379 of 575 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 8623

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Tornado Mariner View Post
    Just when i was about to post this:

Attachment 98507
    Evil beware...we have waffles
    Squad Name: Super Skull Miner
    Squad Level: 1200+
    Signature Hero: Ironman (but still a little Captain America, Wolverine and Punisher)

Uncanny Simple Sorcerer moocher14's Avatar

Ah, man. I can't make it. I'll be asleep. LOL. Tell me tomorrow if there's anything else going on. Gotta go.

Champion Urban Guard spidavenger's Avatar

Default Attention: Cbr team

Even though we have players stepping down from positions of this game, this game can still thrive!

If you new team members will take a journey back in time with me, please go back and read page 330 of this thread!

Mason at this time honored some us who made a difference in this game!

Back in January, the game was going strong, but at the time me and Mason knew that the game needed more than just what the game offered! We both at the time decided to start something remarkable, I started a missions tournament that is still going on today and will end in October and Mason just completed here card league! Both the league and tournaments have had their ups and down, but we both agreed that we generated excitement witin this game because it needed it!

Now that the card league is over and my tourney is winding down, we need new blood to generate some excitement for this team!

I'm dedicated to this team, at least through this year, but I need help from veterans as well as you new players! It is especially time for new blood to step for the team!

I can't do this alone! I need the team's help!

You never know what hidden gem lies within reach!

You could be the undiscovered lost city of Atlantis!

You could be the unsolved riddle that has plagued scientists for years!

You could be that man or woman of mystery that has talent that has not been explored yet!

You could be the one that changes the game, and makes it better!

I need artists, people that have the gift of planning events, that can host them! If there is someone that can give prize support and make up a competition using in game elements, and come up with something that will generate excitement for this team, that would be wonderful!

I need people on this team that can think outside the box!

If any of you have any hidden talent, please use it and help this team thrive!

Guys, I may be the Team President, but it is your team too, and if you want this game to survive, it will be up to you!

Just because your a new player, doesn't mean, you can't contribute! The team will be what you make it! The choice is yours!

If you new players have a gift or you would like to plan something, please do, this your team!

In fact, I will do one better for you! My tournament is still going on! It is closed as far as joining it, but because I'm in the position I'm in, in November I will no longer be using it!

If someone wants to take it over, let me know, and it can be yours! In the mean time, anyone that has any idea can use it for tournaments or contests, even though my tourney is still using it!

The link to my thread is in my signature!

The only thing I ask is that you keep the card related stuff with the card thread and ask DD for permission to use his thread if you have an idea for any card related idea because he is in charge of that thread!

Like I said, my thread is opened to anyone to use at this point, you don't have to ask me, if you want to advertise an event, tourney, contest or whatever! What is mine is yours!

New players you can use this thread also, but I would use my thread for anything that lasts more than a month!

I felt the need to uplift this team because there has been so much negativity! Partly was my fault because I have been burned out, and still a little, but Mason asked if I would take care of her baby, so for the time being that is what I'm going to do!

Both new and veteran players are going to determine the course of how this team does!

We can all do nothing and watch the game die or have fun! You don't have to do anything elaborate like I have, you can do something simple and the team will have fun!

Me and Mason have forgotten the fun factor! If it is one thing that we can both agree on is that you have to have fun in what you do or what is the point!

I was guilty of it myself, and that is why we are getting back to basics!

Guys, I need your help and your talents, and that is why I'm speaking to you because I can't do it myself and I have forgotten how to have fun!

The New Guy Night, really inspired me because I forgot how it felt, and it was great!

As long as I'm still in this game, that is what I want it to feel like!

Sorry for the long post, but I thought the team needed to hear this from me!

I love you all and just want peace among my fellow squaddies and need your help!

From Your Team Leader, CUG!
    Former CBR Team President, now just a regular GI JOE!
    Squad Name: Champion Urban Guard AKA CUG
    Squad Level: 1310
    Signature Hero: Silver Surfer

Hi; you might not have heard from me for centuries, but I lost motivation to play. Now, no one should be discouraged from playing since I believe that under CUG's wing, this union can thrive for once.

CUG had a great concept with the points tourney and he is very active in SHSO and SHSO-related threads. Like CUG said, the survival of the game is up to you, so instead of relying on the leader to keep the team alive, do recognize that everyone has to play a part in this.

CUG, good luck.

P.S.
    The lackluster features in SHSO do hamper the team's ability to really make any creative events, so it is not necessarily the team's fault for a dull commitment.
    Last edited by Void Clock; 08-06-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    Marvel Heroes Analysis:
    Participating in the Closed Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Clock View Post
    Hi; you might not have heard from me for centuries, but I lost motivation to play. Now, no one should be discouraged from playing since I believe that under CUG's wing, this union can thrive for once.

CUG had a great concept with the points tourney and he is very active in SHSO and SHSO-related threads. Like CUG said, the survival of the game is up to you, so instead of relying on the leader to keep the team alive, do recognize that everyone has to play a part in this.

CUG, good luck.

P.S.
    The lackluster features in SHSO do hamper the team's ability to really make any creative events, so it is not necessarily the team's fault for a dull commitment.
    No, it is not the team's fault because the creator's have to do their job as well, but as I explained it takes a team effort to keep a good thing going! Thank you so much Void for your encouraging words because that is what I need right now, going forward! Thank you, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by spidavenger View Post
    Even though we have players stepping down from positions of this game, this game can still thrive!

If you new team members will take a journey back in time with me, please go back and read page 330 of this thread!

Back in January, the game was going strong, but at the time me and Mason knew that the game needed more than just what the game offered! We both at the time decided to start something remarkable, I started a missions tournament that is still going on today and will end in October and Mason just completed here card league! Both the league and tournaments have had their ups and down, but we both agreed that we generated excitement witin this game because it needed it!

Now that the card league is over and my tourney is winding down, we need new blood to generate some excitement for this team!

I'm dedicated to this team, at least through this year, but I need help from veterans as well as you new players! It is especially time for new blood to step for the team!

You could be that man or woman of mystery that has talent that has not been explored yet!

I need artists, people that have the gift of planning events, that can host them! If there is someone that can give prize support and make up a competition using in game elements, and come up with something that will generate excitement for this team, that would be wonderful!

Guys, I may be the Team President, but it is your team too, and if you want this game to survive, it will be up to you!

Just because your a new player, doesn't mean, you can't contribute! The team will be what you make it! The choice is yours!

If you new players have a gift or you would like to plan something, please do, this your team!

In fact, I will do one better for you! My tournament is still going on! It is closed as far as joining it, but because I'm in the position I'm in, in November I will no longer be using it!

If someone wants to take it over, let me know, and it can be yours! In the mean time, anyone that has any idea can use it for tournaments or contests, even though my tourney is still using it!

The only thing I ask is that you keep the card related stuff with the card thread and ask DD for permission to use his thread if you have an idea for any card related idea because he is in charge of that thread!

Like I said, my thread is opened to anyone to use at this point, you don't have to ask me, if you want to advertise an event, tourney, contest or whatever! What is mine is yours!

New players you can use this thread also, but I would use my thread for anything that lasts more than a month!

I felt the need to uplift this team because there has been so much negativity! Partly was my fault because I have been burned out, and still a little, but Mason asked if I would take care of her baby, so for the time being that is what I'm going to do!

Both new and veteran players are going to determine the course of how this team does!

We can all do nothing and watch the game die or have fun! You don't have to do anything elaborate like I have, you can do something simple and the team will have fun!

Me and Mason have forgotten the fun factor! If it is one thing that we can both agree on is that you have to have fun in what you do or what is the point!

Guys, I need your help and your talents, and that is why I'm speaking to you because I can't do it myself and I have forgotten how to have fun!

The New Guy Night, really inspired me because I forgot how it felt, and it was great!

I love you all and just want peace among my fellow squaddies and need your help!

CUG, buddy, i am not a very creative person, but if i can add my two cents i have to say, i like doing missions with signature heroes (its awesome for me to finish a mission with a senior member on adamatium, and i am sure new members like myself would love to try out their skills with their signature heroes). The flash mobs are awesome. The other day, a flash mob just happend by chance. 8 ghost riders riding around daily bugle? thats the first reason i got Ghost Rider, to be a part of one of those

I know how hard it is to take the responsability to make people have a good time, but trust me, you are doing a wonderful job. I am looking forward to this saturday to make it to the top of baxter building and meet more of you guys.

As for the card games, sorry, but i am one of those people who still have trouble understanding how it works, lol.

Count me in in anything you need. If by any chance i come up with an original idea (dont hold your breath ), rest assure i will share it with you guys.
    Signature Hero: Ironman (but still a little Captain America, Wolverine and Punisher)

World Class Hero Time: Where those that have the Avengers, Nick Fury and Iron Patriot can meet to do missions together.
    Street Level Hero Time: Where those that have Spider-Men, Daredevil, etc. can do missions together.
    Mid-Class Hero Time: Where those in the middle can meet and play and do missions together.

This will form a better sense of continuity!
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Skull Miner View Post
    CUG, buddy, i am not a very creative person, but if i can add my two cents i have to say, i like doing missions with signature heroes (its awesome for me to finish a mission with a senior member on adamatium, and i am sure new members like myself would love to try out their skills with their signature heroes). The flash mobs are awesome. The other day, a flash mob just happend by chance. 8 ghost riders riding around daily bugle? thats the first reason i got Ghost Rider, to be a part of one of those

I know how hard it is to take the responsability to make people have a good time, but trust me, you are doing a wonderful job. I am looking forward to this saturday to make it to the top of baxter building and meet more of you guys.

As for the card games, sorry, but i am one of those people who still have trouble understanding how it works, lol.

Count me in in anything you need. If by any chance i come up with an original idea (dont hold your breath ), rest assure i will share it with you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    World Class Hero Time: Where those that have the Avengers, Nick Fury and Iron Patriot can meet to do missions together.
    Street Level Hero Time: Where those that have Spider-Men, Daredevil, etc. can do missions together.
    Mid-Class Hero Time: Where those in the middle can meet and play and do missions together.

This will form a better sense of continuity!
    Thanks guys! That is all I ask is to think outside the box, so keep the ideas coming, but also be prepared to help out!

Thanks guys! That is all I ask is to think outside the box, so keep the ideas coming, but also be prepared to help out!
    Dude, I got a really good idea I think. How about we construct little sub divisions out of the monstrous team? Like, whatever your signature hero is, that is where you stand in the sub divisions. Like, mine is Spider-Man, so I'd be Street Level. And we shouldn't stop there! We should come up with names for these sub divisions. I've got a few:

World Class: Avengers
    Mid-Class: X-Men
    Street Level: MARVEL Knights

And since mine is Spider-Man...I'd be in the MARVEL Knights. Oh, and let's not even stop there. CUG can appoint respective leaders of said sub divisions. Of course, we'd all still answer to him but it'd be cool just have more leadership roles! Just a few thoughts that I was just throwing around. What does everyone else think?
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Bright Breaking Ghost B. B. Ghost's Avatar

[...]![...]![...]![...]! [...]! [...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]![...]!
    Most! Excited! Post! Ever!

Now that I am done kidding our beloved President about his overuse of the exclamation mark, he is indeed right. I would love nothing more than for people to suggest and help organize various events for SHSO, be it here, in the chatbox, or on some other format (preferably one I can read and that is Earthbound). Silly stuff, serious stuff, whatever. Just get it rolling and get people to do it. Play in people's events; there are people putting their time and money out there for your enjoyment, so have at it! Even come talk to one of the veterans if you have an idea and want some help organizing it. We are, at least, more prone to use exclamation marks to get our points across.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Dude, I got a really good idea I think. How about we construct little sub divisions out of the monstrous team? Like, whatever your signature hero is, that is where you stand in the sub divisions. Like, mine is Spider-Man, so I'd be Street Level. And we shouldn't stop there! We should come up with names for these sub divisions. I've got a few:

World Class: Avengers
    Mid-Class: X-Men
    Street Level: MARVEL Knights

And since mine is Spider-Man...I'd be in the MARVEL Knights. Oh, and let's not even stop there. CUG can appoint respective leaders of said sub divisions. Of course, we'd all still answer to him but it'd be cool just have more leadership roles! Just a few thoughts that I was just throwing around. What does everyone else think?
    This is interesting. I want to hear more! Could be potentially used for the next tourney as well... hm!

We should bring our signature heroes to the photo at the very least! Last time we took one, I ended up being Black Widow in a tutu in the side corner.
    Last edited by B. B. Ghost; 08-07-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    SHSO Codename: Bright Breaking Ghost
    SHSO Level: 1300+
    Editor of The Asgardian Throne Room!
    Host of the CBR SHSO Chatbox!

Quote Originally Posted by B. B. Ghost View Post
    Most! Excited! Post! Ever!

Now that I am done kidding our beloved President about his overuse of the exclamation mark, he is indeed right. I would love nothing more than for people to suggest and help organize various events for SHSO, be it here, in the chatbox, or on some other format (preferably one I can read and that is Earthbound). Silly stuff, serious stuff, whatever. Just get it rolling and get people to do it. Play in people's events; there are people putting their time and money out there for your enjoyment, so have at it! Even come talk to one of the veterans if you have an idea and want some help organizing it. We are, at least, more prone to use exclamation marks to get our points across.

This is interesting. I want to hear more! Could be potentially used for the next tourney as well... hm!

We should bring our signature heroes to the photo at the very least! Last time we took one, I ended up being Black Widow in a tutu in the side corner.
    The English language and punctuation has never been my friend, but excitement, yeah, I'm into that! So you dug my pep rally, I'm so happy! Yeah! I just got my coffee, yeah!!! It is a brand new day, yeah!!!

Ok, enough of that. Thanks buddy for your support!

Darman, I'm liking your idea. I'll dwell on it as well.

Stay tuned for an important announcement in an hour or so, CUG!

Uncanny Simple Sorcerer moocher14's Avatar

Morning CUG! So like I said yesterday...I won't be able to make it because of my time zone I'll be asleep at 1:00 a.m. So is there any other events I can join on?

Quote Originally Posted by B. B. Ghost View Post
    Lol, you made me spit my coffee But yeah, as i understand its a signature hero event

Quote Originally Posted by moocher14 View Post
    Morning CUG! So like I said yesterday...I won't be able to make it because of my time zone I'll be asleep at 1:00 a.m. So is there any other events I can join on?
    Moocher, there will be more planned events in the future. I was trying to work as many time zones as possible, but unfortunately outside of the US, that time is not friendly! It won't always be like that.

What time zone are you in, for future reference?

Yes I was thinking of something along these lines too, I can't do or post graphics etc. But I have ideas!

I was going to suggest like regular quest/mission nights, varying levels of activity and very free form... but with some themes. So like Darman had started... this could sound like a crappy morning DJ show but who knows what voices are in your head when you hear it. "Monday Marvel Knights" :Team-up in Villianville with DD and the Punisher as they wash the scum off the streets... with fun!"

Or "Thorsday Night Poker", meet in the secret Poker room/Throne room for a few rounds of cards, then a card theme night like Wildcard night or X-Men etc. Or all Purple Energy attacks, no purple blocks etc... speed matches.

This could start with something as simple as CBR Team Mission night, from X-O'clock to as late as we can!

PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE JUST IDEAS, NOTHING CARVED IN STONE or even code just yet.

If we have a regular schedule of events it helps to see what times are most active and what activities will keep things interesting. Basically if a team member has a particular time that they can get regularly they might want to host an activity of some sort, nothing formal just show up and play... and pretty much as ambitious as you wanna be.
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 08-07-2012 at 08:06 AM.