View Poll Results: Would you buy DC's T&A comics?

Voters
172. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • YEAH!

40 23.26%
  • I'll buy anything with some T&A

11 6.40%
  • If it is part of the story or well written in

54 31.40%
  • If the creative team or art is any good

21 12.21%
  • If my favorite character is in it

10 5.81%
  • Not if there is too much

10 5.81%
  • I want no part in it

20 11.63%
  • It's for perverts

6 3.49%
Page 1 of 212 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Good lord...... What have they done to starfire?!?!!?!?!? What have they done?!?!?!?!

EDIT: the title of this thread was changed and it was merged with several other threads. I'm just saying this thread originally was a reactionary response to the new Star Fire and was simply going to be about the changes to her character, the role she played in the comic and how she was represented in the issue

found this on scans daily

warning major major spoilers follow below view at your own risk

:spoiler:

"Kory now cares very little for individual humans, to the extent that she finds them completely forgettable. Seriously, she doesn't remember any of the Titans, even *Dick,* although her relationship with him is still canon. The writing and art are both extremely male gaze-y when it comes to Kori. She is depicted with a great deal of sexual agency, but the book drips with the assumption that the only people reading this are the 18-35 male bracket. I found it quite insultin"

Ok, so people who were wondering/worrying whether she might 'get with' Roy or Jason?

Last edited by Jabare; 02-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Forgive Friedrich's Debt Aaron Kashtan's Avatar

This is just utterly horrible. My favorite DC character has been ruined forever. This thing called Kori bears no resemblance to the character I know and love.

Thanks a lot, DC.
    Aaron Kashtan | Formerly Sir Tim Drake
    Classic Comics Forum Moderator Emeritus
    COTM MC Emeritus
    Brittain Fellowship | UF Comics Studies | Examples of my work
    ---
    "Meanwhile, a puppy that fell down a storm drain on Proxima Centauri was rescued by a trained slith, which unfortunately then ate it. And now, sports."

BANNED

character assassination u know that is one level above outright deletion

BANNED

Well at least now I can drop this from my pull list. Looks like poorly written crap.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

U should post the page where Jason's bragging about how he banged her. Because that what she seems to be there for. That, and making there battle easy.

Kill it with fire indeed. Poor Kory

BANNED

Why can't she be like she was on the cartoon? Also, I don't think overt sexuality is attractive, which is what this is trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    U should post the page where Jason's bragging about how he banged her. Because that what she seems to be there for. That, and making there battle easy.

Kill it with fire indeed. Poor Kory
    Oh I actually don't have all the scans. My friend is stopping by my local LCS to pick up my books and I came across these scans on this site:

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3305645.html?#cutid1

And I immediately called my friend and told him to not pick up this issue for me. So I'm only getting Batman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Blue Beetle and Nightwing today. No Red Hood, the book is officially dropped and I haven't even picked up the first issue

Heh. I had no intention of touching this horrid-looking title (A Jason Todd book written by Scott Lobdell? No thank you.) and this little sampling assures me that it seems to have lived down to those very low expectations. I do feel bad for Kori fans, though. She's certainly being done no favors with this portrayal as Jason and Roy's vapid tagalong sex toy.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. - Robert Heinlen

Ahahahahaha!

I'll have to read the whole issue. I don't know if I can judge a book by a few pages, but this seems really strange.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

I battled a giant otter. d0dg3r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

seriously kill this with fire. Good God they've ruined Star Fire.

When I saw this thread title, and read the intro of your post I expected someone overreacting to something relatively minor like a costume change or continuity point, so I scroll down and read... and if anything you are under reacting.

I hope this turns out to be an evil twin or something because... good god, I enjoy nekkid ladies as much or more as the next guy but this is flat out character destruction and I actually hate this. Not a word I use seriously very often, but I genuinely HATE what they've done here.
    I rent-to-own the night.

I will judge for myself after I read the book. Until then - I'll not allow somebody else to make my decisions for me based on their own feelings.

You guys remember that Starfire was drawn half naked back in the day and was also taking her clothes off all the time?

And even back then, it was alluded to that folks on Tamara had a pretty open sexualized society.

This is really just modernizing the character and what was previously implied is now made concrete.

As designed, she was always an male adolescent's sex fantasy.
    David Bowie fan

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Ahahahahaha!

I'll have to read the whole issue. I don't know if I can judge a book by a few pages, but this seems really strange.
    Yup

spoilers:
    Roy is definitely a lucky man. Has the burn mark to prove it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ramage View Post
    You guys remember that Starfire was drawn half naked back in the day and was also taking her clothes off all the time?

And even back then, it was alluded to that folks on Tamara had a pretty open sexualized society.

This is really just modernizing the character and what was previously implied is now made concrete.

As designed, she was always an male adolescent's sex fantasy.
    The issue isn't with her dress. It's with her personality. Why deviate from what was established for the character?

Admittedly her memory is borked, so that could affect the way she's acting. It'll be interesting to see what happens. This was one book I left on the shelf but I may check out a collection if I keep hearing good things.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I don't mind this, really. Actually, I think there might be more going on then what we're being shown right now. Lobdell's said in the past that Dick and Kory were lovers (not booty calls, lovers) and was with the group that was in the past called the Teen Titans. My guess is that the break-up with Dick was pretty rotten, caused the whole group to crumble, and now would rather not remember it at all.

But yeah, I really don't see this as anything more than a slightly more modernized, up-a-notch version of what Wolfman and Perez did back in the day.