Page 59 of 178 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Strangely enough, it seems there are supposed to be 23 episodes this season instead of the usual 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Blackmail, enemy of my enemy, lot of ways Meg could side with Crowley against the Leviathans
    Given how in love she was with Lucifer, if she works with Crowley I'd be expecting her to betray him when all is said and done.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

20% Cooler Than You Richard Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Given how in love she was with Lucifer, if she works with Crowley I'd be expecting her to betray him when all is said and done.
    Something I've been kicking around is that Lucifer isn't just Sam's hallucination but that part of him actually came out of the pit when Sam got out and is stuck with Sam. Maybe Meg has figured that out and needs Castiel's help to pull the trapped portion of Lucifer out of Sam, thus restoring Sam's sanity, freeing Lucifer and setting up the big team-up next season of Castiel, Lucifer and the boys against Dick Roman and the Leviathans.

Or I could be completely talking out of my rear-end. That happens to me a great deal as well.
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:
    Marvel Two-in-One #1, and Werewolf by Night #32 (at a reasonable price)

Quote Originally Posted by RBishop View Post
    Something I've been kicking around is that Lucifer isn't just Sam's hallucination but that part of him actually came out of the pit when Sam got out and is stuck with Sam. Maybe Meg has figured that out and needs Castiel's help to pull the trapped portion of Lucifer out of Sam, thus restoring Sam's sanity, freeing Lucifer and setting up the big team-up next season of Castiel, Lucifer and the boys against Dick Roman and the Leviathans.

Or I could be completely talking out of my rear-end. That happens to me a great deal as well.
    That would be cool actually. That did say this season ends on a cliffhanger, I wonder if it involves something like that. Gotta do something for season 8.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Think there is a chance Supernatural could go the full 10 Seasons?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Yep. I get a feeling that's the idea.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yep. I get a feeling that's the idea.
    It depends on if the network wants the show to continue. Given Vampire Diaries is CW's new supernatural show they might find Supernatural expendable

The funny thing is, this is the first thing I thought as soon as we saw Sam acting different in season 6. I figured a piece of Lucifer had escaped with him and was influencing him.

My first instinct is to say no, but it's possible..assuming the cast members are willing to do that many seasons. This is more or less the same network that gave Charmed 8 seasons, so it's definitely possible Supernatural could get to 10. I'm at least expecting 8 seasons.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

My first instinct is to say no, but it's possible..assuming the cast members are willing to do that many seasons. This is more or less the same network that gave Charmed 8 seasons, so it's definitely possible Supernatural could get to 10. I'm at least expecting 8 seasons.
    Don't see the Leviathan story dragging that long, the only logical route would be to have it be revealed that God is evil and he ends up being the next being that Sam and Dean has to stop. Would be interesting if The Leviathans ended up being the good guys all along while God is the real villain that Sam and Dean should stop

...the only logical route would be to have it be revealed that God is evil and he ends up being the next being that Sam and Dean has to stop.
    I just don't see the show going that direction, because the backlash against the show and network would be huge if they were to have God turn out to be evil, because they would be in effect saying that Lucifer was right in his rebellion and is the "good guy." There are a lot of buttons they could choose to push, but that would be the equivalent of the President of the US slamming the Big Red Button to start World War III.
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:

I just don't see the show going that direction, because the backlash against the show and network would be huge if they were to have God turn out to be evil, because they would be in effect saying that Lucifer was right in his rebellion and is the "good guy." There are a lot of buttons they could choose to push, but that would be the equivalent of the President of the US slamming the Big Red Button to start World War III.
    I see where you're coming from but honestly it's not like it's the first time someone toyed with the God Is Evil idea. Preacher is one of the few that did it. Also they already pushed a few buttons with Lucifer curbstomping mythology figures

I see where you're coming from but honestly it's not like it's the first time someone toyed with the God Is Evil idea. Preacher is one of the few that did it. Also they already pushed a few buttons with Lucifer curbstomping mythology figures
    Preacher was more "God is absent" than "God is evil," and at its peak, it was still only a comic book that reached fewer than 100,000 readers, while Supernatural has a much-wider following.

As for Lucifer curbstomping mythological figures, I really doubt there are any worshippers of Baldur or Mercury left to get their knickers in a twist, while there are quite a few Christians around who might be offended.

Currently Hunting:

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.

On the one hand, Sam's finally cured which is a plus. On the other hand, we get Castiel back only to lose him again. I'm curious about Meg's endgame in this. BTW anyone else bothered that she still goes by Meg Masters considering that was the name of her previous human vessel? I figured the writers would have given her an official demon name by now, but I suppose they feel its too late to start calling her something else at this point. Just a pet peeve, no biggie though. I'm also not too keen on the Winchesters just leaving Cas in the mental ward like that. In his current state, he's all kinds of unpredictable and it puts the hospital people in danger...but really, what else can you actually do with him?

Next week's episode looks like it should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the_coldest_sun View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.

On the one hand, Sam's finally cured which is a plus. On the other hand, we get Castiel back only to lose him again. I'm curious about Meg's endgame in this. BTW anyone else bothered that she still goes by Meg Masters considering that was the name of her previous human vessel? I figured the writers would have given her an official demon name by now, but I suppose they feel its too late to start calling her something else at this point. Just a pet peeve, no biggie though. I'm also not too keen on the Winchesters just leaving Cas in the mental ward like that. In his current state, he's all kinds of unpredictable and it puts the hospital people in danger...but really, what else can you actually do with him?

Next week's episode looks like it should be fun.
    Yeah. Especially with Meg now being there. How did the demons that Cas killed know where to find him, but future demons wont?

How the hell is that hospital even still open, with the unexplained deaths of 10 or so staff members in a single night? Also, who was Cas' wife and who sent her to him to begin with? I doubt we'll have my hospital question answered, so I'll chalk that up to a plot hole, but I hope they expand on Cas' wife just a bit more.

Don't see the Leviathan story dragging that long
    I don't either, I certainly would hope it wouldn't. I think there's more monsters out there that would make good "big bads". I know they've gone up against a lot of powerful crap as the seasons rolled around, so it's hard to see them up against something not too strong. That said, the Leviathans only true danger are being hard to kill and having large numbers.

the only logical route would be to have it be revealed that God is evil and he ends up being the next being that Sam and Dean has to stop. Would be interesting if The Leviathans ended up being the good guys all along while God is the real villain that Sam and Dean should stop
    I think going up against God himself might be biting off a little bit more then they can chew. Literally the only thing they could do is try to bind Death again and hope that when he said he could "reap" God that meant full on killing him too instead of just waiting for God to die of his own choosing and simply picking up the pieces afterward(the pieces being whatever Death reaps from the dead) Once the Leviathans are dead, Crowley could become the big bad. Or it could be something completely new.
    Last edited by Surtur; 03-24-2012 at 10:45 AM.

I don't either, I certainly would hope it wouldn't. I think there's more monsters out there that would make good "big bads". I know they've gone up against a lot of powerful crap as the seasons rolled around, so it's hard to see them up against something not too strong. That said, the Leviathans only true danger are being hard to kill and having large numbers.

I think going up against God himself might be biting off a little bit more then they can chew. Literally the only thing they could do is try to bind Death again and hope that when he said he could "reap" God that meant full on killing him too instead of just waiting for God to die of his own choosing and simply picking up the pieces afterward(the pieces being whatever Death reaps from the dead) Once the Leviathans are dead, Crowley could become the big bad. Or it could be something completely new.
    I'd like for Crowley to be the next and possibly final big bad. It would be a better way to set up the possibility of Lucifer returning as ruler of hell once Sam and Dean figure out how to get Lucifer out of Cas. Another reason why I wouldn't want the Leviathan to drag out too long is that I don't want it to beocome like the War In Heaven Arc where it got dragged out longer than it should have.