Page 88 of 177 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2643

Thread: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I agree. We have seen that Castiel still has his powers (he killed a vampire), but he does not use them to teleport out of purgatory or at least teleport them all to the place they are travelling to. And why does he not use his powers in a different way? Even if he cannot directly influence Leviathans, why not just throw a rock or tree at them or create an earth hole under them etc. At leat he could simply fly, they are apparently earth bound.
    Exactly. He could have just grabbed Dean and Benny and fly them to their destination to save them the trip. Does Purgatory make the Leviathan's stronger? There are some things on the show that could have just been explained in some detail.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

If Purgatory made them stronger then its even funnier how Dean and vampire dude have little to no problems with them.
    lots of dots

I find myself really not caring about the Sam/Amelia angle. I cringe when a flashback begins, but other then that ok episode.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I agree. We have seen that Castiel still has his powers (he killed a vampire), but he does not use them to teleport out of purgatory or at least teleport them all to the place they are travelling to. And why does he not use his powers in a different way? Even if he cannot directly influence Leviathans, why not just throw a rock or tree at them or create an earth hole under them etc. At leat he could simply fly, they are apparently earth bound.
    I doubt he could teleport out of purgatory even if he wanted to. Considering how hard it was just to open up a portal there before and that even archangels couldn't do it on power alone that part doesn't surprise me. As for teleporting them to their destination..it's possible that would of drawn too much attention. For all we know there isn't simply a gate you just walk out of, but an entire ritual involved and they couldn't risk attracting a bunch of Levi's.

As for the Levi's and flying didn't they appear by landing from the sky?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Garth as the new Bobby is pretty funny. The car not starting was a great homage to the same scene from "Weekend AT Bobby's"

Like the Sam/Dean confrontation, with luck there wont be anymore of Dean mad about Sam leaving him. Didn't like Sam telling Dean he had Benny. Him saying that, is like him saying yeah I spent last year with a girl and it was the best year of my life, but you had Benny so we are kind of even. As much as Dean cant complain about Sam not getting him out, Sam cant compare his year with Amelia with Dean's year with Benny.

I thought at first the Dean/Cas stuff would lead to Dean being in the wrong for leaving Cass. Dean seem to imply that Cas let him down. Add that to the preview of Dean asking why he didn't try harder makes me think Cas did something that made it where Dean couldn't save him

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I find myself really not caring about the Sam/Amelia angle. I cringe when a flashback begins, but other then that ok episode.
    I cant stand that part of the show. Its so dull, they haven't did anything to make me like Amelia.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

I am so glad the show's apparently done with this stupid grudge Dean has against Sam. If I had to listen to him bitch about Sam leaving him to die and shacking up with Amelia one more time without Sam being all 'how about that time I was in the Cage while you were playing house with Ben and Lisa', I was going to.....well probably nothing and just keep watching, but I'd be watching with great irritation!
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    I am so glad the show's apparently done with this stupid grudge Dean has against Sam. If I had to listen to him bitch about Sam leaving him to die and shacking up with Amelia one more time without Sam being all 'how about that time I was in the Cage while you were playing house with Ben and Lisa', I was going to.....well probably nothing and just keep watching, but I'd be watching with great irritation!
    It felt soooo good seeing Garth punch Dean in the face cause truthfully he was acting like an asshole in this episode, even when not under the influence.

I wouldn't call Garth the new Bobby though. More like the 3rd level headed Winchester Brother

There is one thing about this show that stays the same Dean will always fall under the spell of whatever curse they are up against.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It felt soooo good seeing Garth punch Dean in the face cause truthfully he was acting like an asshole in this episode, even when not under the influence.

I wouldn't call Garth the new Bobby though. More like the 3rd level headed Winchester Brother
    I do think Dean was like an asshole in the episode, but not necessarily to Garth. I can see why he'd get upset at someone acting like Bobby..it could be taken as disrespectful, especially when Garth seemed to not know Bobby that well since he knew what he'd say(like balls) but not necessarily how or why he'd say it. Garth's "Bobby belonged to all of us" line makes sense while at the same time it doesn't. I'm sure Bobby knew and got a long with a whole bunch of hunters, but Sam and Dean were pretty much his only family by the end. Especially after the episode where the Reaper is inside Bobby's head we see at times he was more of a father to the boys then John ever was even when they were children. They had a special relationship with the guy so even if you want to act like Bobby around other hunters maybe it isn't best to do it around the guys who were closest to him at the end.

Though of course I doubt Garth knew any of that, but he can simply continue Bobby's work of helping hunters while not trying to act exactly like the guy. He could learn everything there is to know about the supernatural world and he's still never going to be Bobby because the guy isn't someone you can just replace.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-09-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I'm liking the episode and finding Garth's attempts at being the new bobby hilarious. i'm hoping he goes toe to toe with the new demon bobby. I think him trying to emulte bobby is his way of dealing with the grief so i hope he decides that he doesnt need to exactly be Bobby to honor his memory.

I would like to see more hunters on the show and this whole kevin scenario dealt with soon.

on the kitsune kid thing i posted, i rather he not be affliated with crowley because i like the idea of monsters trying to take revenge for their loved ones. Makes the whole hunter lifestyle seem tragic and driven by revenge.
    Last edited by Zak213; 11-09-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I'm liking the episode and finding Garth's attempts at being the new bobby hilarious. i'm hoping he goes toe to toe with the new demon bobby. I think him trying to emulte bobby is his way of dealing with the grief so i hope he decides that he doesnt need to exactly be Bobby to honor his memory.
    Wait there is going to be a demon version of Bobby? I honestly hate the idea of Bobby as a demon, but if he is in hell I could see Crowley trying to use him as a bargaining chip.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-09-2012 at 09:05 AM.

There is zero hint of Bobby being a demon

I do think Dean was like an asshole in the episode, but not necessarily to Garth. I can see why he'd get upset at someone acting like Bobby..it could be taken as disrespectful, especially when Garth seemed to not know Bobby that well since he knew what he'd say(like balls) but not necessarily how or why he'd say it. Garth's "Bobby belonged to all of us" line makes sense while at the same time it doesn't. I'm sure Bobby knew and got a long with a whole bunch of hunters, but Sam and Dean were pretty much his only family by the end. Especially after the episode where the Reaper is inside Bobby's head we see at times he was more of a father to the boys then John ever was even when they were children. They had a special relationship with the guy so even if you want to act like Bobby around other hunters maybe it isn't best to do it around the guys who were closest to him at the end.

Though of course I doubt Garth knew any of that, but he can simply continue Bobby's work of helping hunters while not trying to act exactly like the guy. He could learn everything there is to know about the supernatural world and he's still never going to be Bobby because the guy isn't someone you can just replace.
    Looking at it on Garth's side of things I don't see it as him being disrespectful to Bobby but more like honoring him in his own quirky way.

Wait there is going to be a demon version of Bobby? I honestly hate the idea of Bobby as a demon, but if he is in hell I could see Crowley trying to use him as a bargaining chip.

No.no, no What i meant was that in one of the season 6 episodes, the castiel one near the end they showed a demon that was fulfilling a similar role that bobby fulfills for the hunters that of a dispatcher,researcher etc. Castiel killed him so Crowley would probably find a new demon to be a dispatcher and that would be fun to see the two of them go head to head.

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Finally an episode I could really enjoy. The 1 in thhe 1-5. good episode, but I guess it had more to do with the fact that DJ Qualls was in it. The guy is funny and whoever cast him did a great job. And isn't it strange, that Jensen Ackles seems to have chemistry with nearly anyone he has scenes with whether it be Bobby, Death, Garth, Castiel, Lisa, YED etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTaskmaster View Post
    Finally an episode I could really enjoy. The 1 in thhe 1-5. good episode, but I guess it had more to do with the fact that DJ Qualls was in it. The guy is funny and whoever cast him did a great job. And isn't it strange, that Jensen Ackles seems to have chemistry with nearly anyone he has scenes with whether it be Bobby, Death, Garth, Castiel, Lisa, YED etc.
    I think it's one of those things that has kept the show around for so long..both lead actors seem to have some great chemistry with each other and the other actors in the series. You really do get the feeling they are brothers instead of two dudes pretending to be.