Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

2nd episode in succession that Fusco somehow pull a miracle out of his ass to take out the bad guys and it's not seen or shown.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    And Donnelly turned out not to be a total idiot, which of course got him killed!
    Dude, Donnelly was on the ball all the freakin' time. I'm sad to see him go, and I thought they played him pretty well. He pushed the envelope, but he didn't cross the line (per the threat he had reason to believe he was chasing).

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    2nd episode in succession that Fusco somehow pull a miracle out of his ass to take out the bad guys and it's not seen or shown.
    I think the first one was edited for time, the second for comedy. Neither matter to the bigger plot.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Dude, Donnelly was on the ball all the freakin' time. I'm sad to see him go, and I thought they played him pretty well. He pushed the envelope, but he didn't cross the line (per the threat he had reason to believe he was chasing).
    Donnelly was on the ball but he was bending/breaking the rules pretty hard. He was a solid foil but his demise allows for greater risk of secondary characters - as in, not all will just get away.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wouldn't say all the time. He did take Carter into his confidence, after all, and it took him a while to suspect her.

He definitely crossed the line at the end, holding John and the other three as enemy combatants, risking a prison riot to expose John's fighting prowess, and driving them to a safe house at the end where they'd presumably be tortured.

I get the impression that whatever lines he hadn't crossed he was about to.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I wouldn't say all the time. He did take Carter into his confidence, after all, and it took him a while to suspect her.

He definitely crossed the line at the end, holding John and the other three as enemy combatants, risking a prison riot to expose John's fighting prowess, and driving them to a safe house at the end where they'd presumably be tortured.

I get the impression that whatever lines he hadn't crossed he was about to.
    What he did to Jon was close to the line, but he did have solid reason to suspect him at that point, and lets be honest, he was right.

As for holding the four as enemy combatants, bear in mind he was hunting a rogue CIA operative who (he thought) was building his own network inside the United States, powerful enough to the point they could shut down all cell traffic in New York. And when suspects were ruled out as not his man, they were sent back into the system.

Honestly, it's the most mild application of the Patriot Act I've seen in fiction, and (from the other side), the most justified.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Elder Member

I was really sad to see John's old partner go so soon. This show usually develops recurring bad guys pretty well, and I thought she'd stick around.

The british guy (Nolan's uncle , John who reminds me a lot of John Hurt) who i assume is working for the chinese is a new foe that Finch will have to handle.

At least Snow did good in the end by taking John's old partner down with him so that's 2 foes that John doesn't need to deal with anymore. With their deaths plus the death of Donnelly and the closure of the case of the man in the suit by the FBI , seemed like the episode closed a lot of threats to John but introduced a new foe in that british guy to Finch.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Figures that Finch was the one who ordered the deaths of John and his partner.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Figures that Finch was the one who ordered the deaths of John and his partner.
    Two things. The way it was shot, we can't assume that Kara did not escape the car before it blew up. Remember we also "saw" her get hit by the cruise missile.

Second, how do we know that it was Finch ordering the kill of Reese and Kara, he never showed any inclination to have people hit. In fact all the flashbacks show him to be a man who is trying to help and protect people.
    I think it is much more possible that Nolan's group was just setting Kara up to go after him. They had her do their dirty work, why not have her take out the one guy that can stop their cyber-terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Two things. The way it was shot, we can't assume that Kara did not escape the car before it blew up. Remember we also "saw" her get hit by the cruise missile.

Second, how do we know that it was Finch ordering the kill of Reese and Kara, he never showed any inclination to have people hit. In fact all the flashbacks show him to be a man who is trying to help and protect people.
    I think it is much more possible that Nolan's group was just setting Kara up to go after him. They had her do their dirty work, why not have her take out the one guy that can stop their cyber-terrorism.
    It looked to me that both red squares were in the car. If there was a discrepancy in the time on the camera (8 seconds) I'd say it was because of the blast.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post

Also technically, the British guy (they have to reveal his name eventually) never claimed Finch ordered the hits, least as I remember it. Finch was called the guy who started it all by because he sold the thing Reese and Kara were after back in the flashback. Least I think that's how I understood it...
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

BANNED

Yeah I didn't think Finch ordered the hits, just the one who purchased the laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    It looked to me that both red squares were in the car. If there was a discrepancy in the time on the camera (8 seconds) I'd say it was because of the blast.
    Just saying they left enough wiggle room if they want to bring her back.