Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Disappearing on Fusco and the girl.

Beating up men in a bar for information.

Threatening the villain with letting him fall from a building.
    Almost, all detecives an dcops beat guys in bars.

The third one i was thinking was an hoamage to the Dark Knight, where a vehicle collides into a thug threatening someone with a gun
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    The way she dismissed the man in the suit as an urban legend to John as she walked away might seemed to indicate otherwise. A hard nosed reporter like her wouldn't have dropped it like that unless she knew that nothing good would come from exposing John.
    Yeah she must be stupid or terrible writing if she didnt suspect him. He was very suspect around her, shooting people, being so calm for a bizz guy in dangerous situations. The way she looked,said that the man in the suit is urban legend was a bit too...

I hope we see her chasing him down or appear in another ep.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Yeah she must be stupid or terrible writing if she didnt suspect him. He was very suspect around her, shooting people, being so calm for a bizz guy in dangerous situations. The way she looked,said that the man in the suit is urban legend was a bit too...

I hope we see her chasing him down or appear in another ep.

She never saw him shoot anyone, he made it a point to hide the fact that he had a gun in his hand whenever he returned fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    She never saw him shoot anyone, he made it a point to hide the fact that he had a gun in his hand whenever he returned fire.
    Yeah i saw that but not like she is deaf and didnt know he was shooting back and also in general he was pretty suspect around her except taking a beating in the end and faking being knocked out.

Interesting to see what they like us to think, that she suspect him and wont go after him because she called him a hero or that she didnt see anything wrong with his cover being able to help her so much in dangerous situations.
    Pull List:

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    The way she dismissed the man in the suit as an urban legend to John as she walked away might seemed to indicate otherwise. A hard nosed reporter like her wouldn't have dropped it like that unless she knew that nothing good would come from exposing John.
    I think they left it intentionally ambiguous, but that was definitely my reading. She learned her lesson when her last expose got the wrong man killed. There's a time to print the truth and there's a time to let the story die. It's like Ben Urich killing his story about Matt Murdock being Daredevil.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Gone

Yeah i saw that but not like she is deaf and didnt know he was shooting back and also in general he was pretty suspect around her except taking a beating in the end and faking being knocked out.

Interesting to see what they like us to think, that she suspect him and wont go after him because she called him a hero or that she didnt see anything wrong with his cover being able to help her so much in dangerous situations.
    You're reading too much into something that simply is not there.

This is TV.

They donīt do "nuance" or "subtlety".
    If she were to see anything or suspect anything about "John", they would have slammed it home with an 18 wheeler.

This is TV.

If she were to see anything or suspect anything about "John", they would have slammed it home with an 18 wheeler.
    Not necessarily.

We had the episode last season where John was going to 'take care' of the date-rape drug guy, and they left his fate hanging.

It was only several episodes later we discovered that John occassionally drives jerks across the border with planted drugs and lets them rot in a foreign prison.

Going by that pattern, it's entirely possible this is a card they'll play later. John has been running into more and more old acquaintances.

Or they could just play it as a Commissioner Gordon kind of thing. (On the Spider-Man side, Robbie Robertson is this kind of character.) The ally who probably knows but doesn't want to endanger the hero.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Elder Member

This is TV.

Err, what? Plenty of shows do that, and frankly, it's easier to do with TV than most other mediums. And yeah, she had plenty of reason to suspect John, given how he stuck around for the entire mess without batting an eye.

This is TV.

You havent been watching this show closely or something i think. They have made big things out of small things they only hinted at in earlier eps. They have surprisingly many story arc elements saved for later all the time.

This shown has been smart,more subtler writing than 18 wheeler,predictable tv shows you are thinking about.
    Pull List:

You havent been watching this show closely or something i think. They have made big things out of small things they only hinted at in earlier eps. They have surprisingly many story arc elements saved for later all the time.

This shown has been smart,more subtler writing than 18 wheeler,predictable tv shows you are thinking about.
    The show has evolved brilliantly. I'm impressed by how many balls they keep in the air. I can only imagine how intricate things will be by the time POI reaches a fifth season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The show has evolved brilliantly. I'm impressed by how many balls they keep in the air. I can only imagine how intricate things will be by the time POI reaches a fifth season.
    Yeah this is by far the best mainstream network TV show right now. I may be biased since it's so Dark Knight/superhero slanted, but I really can't think of anything this well developed on the big networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah this is by far the best mainstream network TV show right now. I may be biased since it's so Dark Knight/superhero slanted, but I really can't think of anything this well developed on the big networks.
    Nothing comes to mind.

I hope it does get the post Superbowl spot! It deserves a bigger audience.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Agreed. The writers have done an excellent job developing their characters, establishing their villains and moving subplots along. Structurally speaking alone, I don't think that there's a better series out there.

Person of Interest did not get the post super bowl spot. It has gone to Elementary (which is wholly owned by CBS as opposed to PoI which is partly owned by WB)

I am bummed.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Gone

These ten bucks here say she had absolutely NO idea John was "John".