Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Two Broke Girls

Quote Originally Posted by xnef1025 View Post
    Totally agree with dumping Sophie. The show just comes to a screeching halt every time she comes in. I don't think it's Jennifer Coolidge though. It's the character. No one could possibly make it work. They just totally missed the boat with her character. Instead of making her a tired (and already used with Oleg) accent joke, they could have made her more like an older version of Max. They could keep 99% of what she's done but lose the stupid accent and change the tone to make her a real person instead of a caricature. A lot of the stuff she says would actually be pretty funny if she didn't have to deliver it as this horrible unperson.
    When I heard about her coming to the show I was enthousiastic cause she is usualy good and I thought she would be Kat's mother and I thought "wow this fits so well, it's pretty inspired casting!" and then they brought in as some Russian cartoon character that doesn't really have a point for existing.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

From what I remember reading, the Sophie character was written especially for Coolidge and was not going to be a one off character. They killed off the unseen guy who owned the apartment where Sophie now lives and next thing you know, she pops up. Series regular status was always a planned thing though.

Which makes it even worse.

And think about this: They now have a perfect way to start getting the business story back on track. The candy store guy that Max wants Caroline to give up the ass to. I mean candy and cupcakes? The shit just writes itself after that. Do I get a story credit?
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 11-21-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Ugh, seriously? This was their plan for Coolidge from the beginning? That's insane!

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Ugh, seriously? This was their plan for Coolidge from the beginning? That's insane!

-Brian
    And more proof that the show plans to keep her around now that Max and Caroline are basically her cupcake making bitches. Dear GAWD the character sucks.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Aww... I like Sophie. It's probably the whole Eastern European thing. And I like Coolidge.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I'm watching my first episode of this tommorow. Sounds awesome!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    It is not shite. It is still developing though. They need to explore a bit more than just the two girls in their cheap ass apartment, working their cheap ass jobs. Make them more proactive instead of reactive.

That said... this show succeeds (or potentially fails) on the starpower of Kat Dennings. Without her, this show wouldn't have made it past the first season. And I watch every episode. It does make me laugh, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much... but it does make me laugh. Which is more than I can say for some shows.
    I was glad they got rid of the stupid horse in the apartment idea. It's still gone, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It was a huge highlight. They should have her in a binini more often. Never knew she had such a sexy body.
    You know, on almost any other show, she'd probably be thought of The Hot Chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    i agree, I want to see some career progress.

You can be broke and still run a small business, just ask any restaurant/coffee shop owner.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It's easy to just sit like a zombie and fixate two great boobs. That's why Two and a Half Men had such huge ratings when Sheen was there.
    :

As for as improvement, I actually think they should stay more at the restaurant. It should become "the" environment. Create storyline ideas around that place. People didn't watch a classic show like Taxi for example to see the characters all over the place, doing whatever. Sure sometime you would see a character in his/her apartment but most of the time the show took place at the Taxi HQ whatever. Same with Cheers. So that people can become familar with the places and its people. I also think the supporting cast in 2 Broke Girls is terrible and they are cartoonish as Hell.
    Cheers was about a bar. Taxi was about a taxi company. 2 Broke Girls should be about 2 Broke Girls, not a whacky/crappy diner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets F View Post
    This show is the anti-New Girl...which is one of the reasons I like it so much. I always laugh, even on the less than great episodes.
    Hey! New Girl is awesome. Don't make me slap the schmidt out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Aww... I like Sophie. It's probably the whole Eastern European thing. And I like Coolidge.
    I think they could redeem the character just revealing that she's not really Eastern European at all. It could be some crazy witness protection story, or she was a spy, or an insurance scam, whatever.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I was glad they got rid of the stupid horse in the apartment idea. It's still gone, right?
    Nope, it's back.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

:
    No Sheen was not transgender I meant that he and Cryer are two boobs.

Cheers was about a bar. Taxi was about a taxi company. 2 Broke Girls should be about 2 Broke Girls, not a whacky/crappy diner.
    I'm just saying pick one place and create an interesting Universe from that environment. It could may well be their apartment. (although we could not see them in their waitress outfits and that would suck)

I think they could redeem the character just revealing that she's not really Eastern European at all. It could be some crazy witness protection story, or she was a spy, or an insurance scam, whatever.
    Or she could be just a crazy woman. But the insurance scam could work. I just think they missed out on making her a Kat's mother.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Just watched this on e4, the episode where their trying to find Martha and the blonde hair girl lost her pearls. Really enjoyed it, new episode tommorow, really excited!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I'm with you,BG. I admit Sophie is mostly a one-note character but occasionally the writers give her jokes nearly as dirty as Max's, and I'm in favor of more good dirty humor since most TV shows are very bad at it. Sophie's character can also put a little ethnic "spin" on the jokes that doesn't work for Max.

I'm amazed at how tall Coolidge is, even allowing for pumps. She seems to tower over Max and Caroline. I guess I never noticed because in a lot of other roles I've seen, Coolidge is mostly playing against guys.

I rather like the role she played in last Monday's episode, which would seem to suggest that the cupcake shop is on the way-- maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Just watched this on e4, the episode where their trying to find Martha and the blonde hair girl lost her pearls. Really enjoyed it, new episode tommorow, really excited!
    I'm guessing there was many a "pearl necklace" joke.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

I'm guessing there was many a "pearl necklace" joke.
    xD Glad to see they've got the funds for their shop now!
    Wonder how that will go?

Anybody still watching the show?

Whatcha think of the current season's developments?

I am and again I'm enjoying it, its just a fun show!