Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Glee -- Season Three

The final season for Cory Monteith, Harry Shum Jr and Lea Michelle. I'm not sure who else is staying and who is going. There was a rumor Kurt was leaving but he said on Leno he wasn't so who knows. I know Artie and Tina will still be there for season 4 and I think Quinn is still a junior.

The opening number for the season is We've got the beat by the Go-gos. I love it all ready. Britney steals the scene as usual. I'm interesting to see the dynamic this season. They said less special tribute episodes and more back to basics. I'd like to see them do a classic beach boy tune.

Quote Originally Posted by boyhangover View Post
    The final season for Cory Monteith, Harry Shum Jr and Lea Michelle. I'm not sure who else is staying and who is going. There was a rumor Kurt was leaving but he said on Leno he wasn't so who knows. I know Artie and Tina will still be there for season 4 and I think Quinn is still a junior.

The opening number for the season is We've got the beat by the Go-gos. I love it all ready. Britney steals the scene as usual. I'm interesting to see the dynamic this season. They said less special tribute episodes and more back to basics. I'd like to see them do a classic beach boy tune.
    They are back tracking on the kids leaving the show. The seniors will graduate, but they might be on the show some how, next year. Murphy wanted to do a Kurt/Rachel spinoff with them in New York, but it looks like that wont happen.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

BANNED

So Glee aired tonight and like I said they did a rousing rendition of We've got the beat. Followed by a horrible song that I didn't recognise. They said it predates Wicked but it was all about the Wizard of Oz. Does that mean it was from the Wiz? Then Daren Criss did a cover of it's not unusual. A theater group that Kurt and Rachel were interested in joining did a mash up of Anything you can do/anything goes which was pretty outstanding but the entire group were carbon copies of Kurt and Rachel. It was an attempt to show the two that they might not be the instant success that they thought they would be after graduation. The final number of the night was Hairspray's You can't stop the beat.

All of the songs except for the one from (the wiz?) I liked.

There were some changes this season.

Sam is out* He's not gay he left the state when his dad got a job.

Sue is still interested in politics and she has decided to run on an anti the arts program.

Will and Emma are sleeping together but not having sex. (I did laugh at the guess who woke up right before I did line.)

Pucks big crush is no longer in the glee club but it is unclear on weather or not she is still in the show. She did appear in the episode telling puck in a flash back that she wanted to quit.

Quinn is hanging with the bad kids under the bleachers but was seen staring longingly at the glee clubs rendition of you can't stop the beat so there is no doubt she will be back.

Santana is co-captain of the cheerios along with Becky and her first act as captain was to pour lighter fluid on the clubs purple piano and so will kicked her out of New Directions.

Finally there was one new addition. Now weather or not she stays I'm not sure. I could see her joining Cheerios and becoming a rival for Santana but that's not for sure. The curious thing is that Will did not accept her bid to join the New Directions because she was a horrible singer. But so is Mike (The Asian dancer kid) He has always been a bad singer and he has been on the show since the beginning for the most part. Vanessa Lengies from Stick it, American Dreams and Waiting played the role so it's hard to imagine that they brought her in for just one episode. Hopefully she'll stick around because she's eye candy.

I'm going to give it three more weeks and if they DO NOT screw this up....I loved Quinn's transformation but everything else is just dull. They are trying to start over and they are acting like S2 was just a dream. Blaine joining the group that fast?! And Sue....She is the devil.
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

Quote Originally Posted by Vivica Kang View Post
    I'm going to give it three more weeks and if they DO NOT screw this up....I loved Quinn's transformation but everything else is just dull. They are trying to start over and they are acting like S2 was just a dream. Blaine joining the group that fast?! And Sue....She is the devil.
    With Sam gone (which is kind of a shame since I liked him and thought the idea of him and Mercedes was kinda interesting), not a whole lot happened in season 2 that needs to show up in season 3.

I think Blaine is really the only thing that carries over... and he did. But that aside I think it does seem like they're sort of starting over because they're all pretty much in the same place.

Vanessa Lengies from Stick it, American Dreams and Waiting played the role so it's hard to imagine that they brought her in for just one episode. Hopefully she'll stick around because she's eye candy.
    Yeah she is going to come back.

Vanessa Lengies
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    Yeah she is going to come back.

Vanessa Lengies
    Yay. I thought that was Tinker from FNL as Mercedes bf. I'm glad to have him around for the season.

So Glee aired tonight and like I said they did a rousing rendition of We've got the beat. Followed by a horrible song that I didn't recognise. They said it predates Wicked but it was all about the Wizard of Oz. Does that mean it was from the Wiz?
    You are joking, right?
    If not, there was a little movie called The Wizard Of Oz a few years back.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    You are joking, right?
    If not, there was a little movie called The Wizard Of Oz a few years back.....
    Well I have never sat through an entire viewing of it and It didn't sound like it had come from the wizard of oz. Turns out it was from it though but it was a reccording that Barbera had done years later.

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

Personally, I thought the Wizard of Oz nod was very well-done! Kurt & Rachel brought so much energy to it that I couldn't help but love it! The highlight was definitely the Go-Go's number, but the "Ding Dong" performance still kept the momentum going!
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tangentman View Post
    Personally, I thought the Wizard of Oz nod was very well-done! Kurt & Rachel brought so much energy to it that I couldn't help but love it! The highlight was definitely Brittany during the Go-Go's number, but the "Ding Dong" performance still kept the momentum going!
    Yes you are right. For the croud's enjoyment here are the songs from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk0ggYHSzAE We Got The Beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SObyoqghvU Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqoBato-l7s Anything Goes/Anything you can do (really bad quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR65C...eature=related It's Not Unusual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKir9QrmxcM You can't stop the beat

Blaine looked like he was trying to bring back the 60s. And he must have some smooth talking skills to get the Cheerios to be his back-up dancers for his number.
    In search of Claire...or Libby Hoeler :D

"What is illness to the body of a knight-errant? What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again, and woe to the wicked.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Blaine looked like he was trying to bring back the 60s. And he must have some smooth talking skills to get the Cheerios to be his back-up dancers for his number.
    Though I do think as far as talking skills go Blaine has some skills, the Cheerios had a bit of an agenda there beyond Blaines. Still, it was kinda cool seeing them perform with him in the number.

I liked it. And it should seem like they're starting over because they are starting over.

I like the Finn/Rachel pairing and they actually seem to work somewhat believably now, versus the will-they-or-won't-they fromthe first two seasons.

If Quinn rejoins the club, I hope she keeps some of her newfound badassery.

I have to admit that Becky is one of my favorite characters now.

Overall, it was a pretty good premiere. They did some things I liked, including getting rid of Lauren and putting the focus back on the main characters. It was also only a matter of time before Blaine became one of the New Directions. I also enjoyed a Mr. Schuester with actual balls, him kicking out Santanna could lead to something interesting.

That said, maybe because it was such a sampler platter of touching in with everybody, I never really felt connected to any of the plot lines. We got a little bit with Finn and Quinn, who are both going through that existential plot line of "Who am I" that is totally appropriate for seniors, but I wanted more. Instead, we mostly seemed to focus on Rachel and Kurt, who are fun characters but definitely not the ones I relate to any kind of regular basis.