Page 306 of 561 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 8407

Yeah, I'd figure that Rachel would better fit a longbow; it's just that I remember Wood saying that he'll give Betsy more weapons. Though, Rachel and Betsy both using weapons is just as good! As for Psylocke being the first to use psychic weaponry-- I think this is a true statement. I know that Julia Carpenter also had psionic-based webs; however, I doubt that was before Betsy. Jean and Rachel always used their power in a raw fashion. Charlies Xavier...? I'm not sure; I just know that there is a LOT of history before Psylocke's introduction. Xavier or Jean could have very well used psionic weaponry before, but probably just as a one-time thing.
    “Comics are a gateway drug to literacy.”
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange

Dani used the psychic longbow first =p

Do you count Dani's spirit spear as a psychic weapon, back when she could make her illusions solid?

Oh yeah, there was also a character from New Warriors (Pretty Persuasion but she wasn't a mutant) who used psychic whips.

Last edited by Anon_me; 01-24-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    [Insert signature here ]

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    Brian Wood's new interview with Comicosity further discusses his upcoming X-Men.

Psychic Longbow? Is this one of the new psychic weapons for Psylocke that Brian Wood promised us?

Source: http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...akes-on-x-men/

Referring to the Callisto/Storm thing, I agree that Mystique would be a better fit. Speaking of which--
    I was reading around the X-Boards and read a post about Pete Wisdom being a good addition to Uncanny X-Force.
    Unf. He would be absolutely amazing. Perfect! Though, he's probably too busy protecting the UK from the supernatural.
    Curious what the sudden surge of psychic weaponry lately is all about. Also, Moonstar did the psychic longbow thing already.

I hope she gets psychic whip. Dominatrixlocke is oh so close.

Daniel Mengsk! Enjoy your little vacation from us? ^_^

Everybody vote for Psylocke in the CBR "Who is your favorite female X-man" poll. That is, if she is in fact, your favorite female X-man.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 01-24-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    I don't like Betsy swearing so much, from time to time sure but out of the team she's alsot he high class English lady, not that they don't swear but...I'd think that she'd do it less than the others
    I think you may be surprised to learn that a LOT of upper class English ladies have absolutely dreadful potty mouths. Not just the ladies actually, upper class English people in general. My mum used to be a housemaid when I was little and would sometimes take me along to "play with the posh kids" - we were 5. That was my introduction to the effing and blinding of the upper echelons...

I think that it was more that Betsy hadn't been one to swear to much for so long that to suddenly swear as much as she did in a fight against a woman that she's had fights against in recent years so she has no real reason to be so angry at Spiral...it just seemed odd...wonder how the sales will be after the first few issues or if even they will show us a trend...
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    I think that it was more that Betsy hadn't been one to swear to much for so long that to suddenly swear as much as she did in a fight against a woman that she's had fights against in recent years so she has no real reason to be so angry at Spiral...it just seemed odd...wonder how the sales will be after the first few issues or if even they will show us a trend...
    I read it as Psylocke is quite upset about the situation with Fantomex, and running into Spiral who she's had a lot of bad run ins with, is still a little pissed over the Sisterhood body tampering again, so it was an easy trigger for Psylocke. This is the first time she's seen Spiral since, and she never got her revenge on any of them.

But that's just my POV.

I would only see it as weird if you wanted stoic Psylocke back. She's always kind of been the type to just be like "fuck it, let's move on" but as we all saw in Remender's UXF, getting back with that pussyboy Warren made a her bit more emotional than usual. She's angry about something and isn't really handling that anger like she's used too and then like CmX said she ran into one of her biggest enemies. Drama. I'm sure it's not a permanent thing. Let's at least wait until the second issue.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-24-2013 at 05:18 PM.

English Aristocracy my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    I read it as Psylocke is quite upset about the situation with Fantomex, and running into Spiral who she's had a lot of bad run ins with, is still a little pissed over the Sisterhood body tampering again, so it was an easy trigger for Psylocke. This is the first time she's seen Spiral since, and she never got her revenge on any of them.

But that's just my POV.
    This. Couldn't explain it better myself.
    My only complain bout Psylocke's dialogue is that she didn't sound British enough. Some british swear would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    Brian Wood's new interview with Comicosity further discusses his upcoming X-Men.

Psychic Longbow? Is this one of the new psychic weapons for Psylocke that Brian Wood promised us?

Source: http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...akes-on-x-men/

Hell yeah.. Tough Psychic Longbow is not something I'd like from her (would love some psychic shuriken) I think making Betsy as the 'psychic weaponry' master is a good move by Wood. Maybe we'll see more variation of the psychic weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    English Aristocracy my ass.
    LMAO.

Re: UXF #1, I loved that Humphries giving Betsy's katana's a name -Shurayuki. Would love some background story on how she got it and the story about the sword itself. Wonder whether this is the sword she's been holding or this is a new sword she got in the 6 months gap.
    ===PSQUADRON ELDER ELITE====

I'd love to have stoic, and determined Betsy back over angry/pms Betsy. The writing should really pick up though, not bite off Remender or CLaremont, but find a happy medium.
    Also I can tell alot of folks have never been to the British isles. You want true english dialogue, it goes beyond cursing.
    Placing emphasis on T's is one way, another is turning her R's into AH's. A brit wouldn't say CAR, they'd say Cah,not like the boston CAHH! They also say stuff like Barmy, Bollocks, Loopy, Noddy is my personal favorite.

They'd also go for terms like Knobber, Short planks, Cock-up/balls-up ( for an mistake). It's not just cursing that makes her sound British it's Colloquialisms!
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

Lord, we're going to be talking about this for awhile aren't we. :/
    Let's just all rejoice that Fantolocke is dead!

I'm watching James Bond, "Die Another Day" and I just realized Betsy is a reverse Colonel Moon/Gustav Graves! He was an Asian man who underwent gene therapy and turned himself into a white British man. How fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'd love to have stoic, and determined Betsy back over angry/pms Betsy. The writing should really pick up though, not bite off Remender or CLaremont, but find a happy medium.
    Also I can tell alot of folks have never been to the British isles. You want true english dialogue, it goes beyond cursing.
    Placing emphasis on T's is one way, another is turning her R's into AH's. A brit wouldn't say CAR, they'd say Cah,not like the boston CAHH! They also say stuff like Barmy, Bollocks, Loopy, Noddy is my personal favorite.

They'd also go for terms like Knobber, Short planks, Cock-up/balls-up ( for an mistake). It's not just cursing that makes her sound British it's Colloquialisms!
    I'm not sure I understand. Has anybody said her simply swearing would make her sound British?

I've officially stopped caring about how "British" she sounds. She's been in the US for goodness knows how many years now, let the woman adapt I say. Bring on more Americanisms!