Page 266 of 560 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 8396

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I am glad she is "done with killing".
    Despite wot the covers have shown, I hope Sam Humphries writes her using the totality of psychic knife, mindblasts, telepathic misdirection, manipulation and control. If she does end up in hand to hand...let it be just that...hand to hand, ninja bad-arsery.

Besides, having two sword-wielders on a team is somewot redundant...especially when the other character carries three/four swords at a time.
    I'm on board with that! I love seeing her use her martial arts.

So..."Magistrate Braddock" is no longer a future possibility in light of what happened?
    Usually it would end with a blast of the "focused totality of my telepathic power"...But that trick got really old,really fast,luv.This solution is much more elegant...Like moi.

Maybe this arc would've been better if it was a lot shorter. It feels like it took way too long to get to this point and when we finally got here things had to be hastily rushed just to get this story out of the way.

I don't think the arc was long at all. My issue is Remender did hardly a thing for us to sympathize with Wolvie. Like what has he done up to this point? His major emotion only showed in AoA with Jean.

It just didn't seem real, his heartbreak in this whole estranged father/son ordeal.

It wasn't really that long but it felt really long to me. There was just too much blahness in between issue #27 when Fantomex dies, the Brotherhood reveals themselves and the arc arguably gets set into motion and now when it's over.

I'm dying to see Olivier Coipel's cover for UXF #2. I'm still in love with his cover for #1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mdnygt0fNl1qce9ueo1_1280.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	104653

Clay Mann hotness
    PSQUADRON ELDER ELITE. Ordained by PSYCWAVE.

MEMBER of the PSQUADRON

http://www.facebook.com/ckgarcia07

Community is great

Quote Originally Posted by cgar View Post

Clay Mann hotness
    I love Clay Mann's art too. The combination of Psylocke, Fantomex and Clay Mann is just made of win for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    So..."Magistrate Braddock" is no longer a future possibility in light of what happened?
    That's a good question. Are we to assume that what Future Logan told Present Logan was to kill Daken or do you guys think it might be something else?

Clay Mann!!

That was gorgeous! Mann switching art duties with Garney on UXF would be my wish for 2013. Maybe we should suggest Humphries? ;)

As for the Psylocke in UXF:

I'm satisfied with how things turned out with Betsy. Though I'm not too fond of her direction. But given her journey from the beginning of the arc (or from issue #1), It all makes sense. Betsy was never a murderer. She killed only when necessary, but as she experience her time in the X-Force she also questions that. The trip to the future (Magistrate Braddock) was the turning point for her. And it continues to the finale of Final Execution. Thus, I don't think the arc was that long. Final Execution carries several plots mainly Logan and Betsy's character journey as well as AOA Kurt and Evan's. In the end it ties up all of their plots in the book pretty nicely. Remender also sets up Betsy to be a leader in this arc.

I'm kinda sad it's ending soon. Hopefully #35 we'll see the reason (or hint) why Betsy still carries the X-Force flag and what direction she'll take onward.
    ===PSQUADRON ELDER ELITE====

Quote Originally Posted by cgar View Post

Clay Mann hotness
    Yes GAWD!!
    Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    As long as Humphries continues writing her as the clever manipulator I am contented. It's like 80s Betsy all over again.
    I like this idea all day.

I just came across this young lass. Lauren Cohan.. if they ever did a white Betsy, she would fit it perfectly. I used to think Beckinsale, but Cohan is hotter..

Name:	308090_258059684231251_1046888797_n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	104658
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Naw she still exists. In Marvel each time a character goes to the future or something a splinter universe is created. They only go to a MAYBE-Verse, but the maybe-verse isn't in our direct future. It splits off from the Main 616 at that point.
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

Clay Mann seems to really like Psylocke. Searching his name on tumblr and she comes up quite a bit in his drawings, hopefully he gets to do something long-term with her one day.

When it comes to Humphries UXF I just hope that he can continue to give Betsy fresh new stories and not have her be exploited by the men in her life. I wouldn't mind a ninja story here and there I just don't want it all the time. I'm also eager to see her in a co-leadership with Storm and have their friendship develop even further. I hope they get their psychic link back. <3 Also, she better slap Spiral ALL. THE. TIME.
    Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    Clay Mann seems to really like Psylocke. Searching his name on tumblr and she comes up quite a bit in his drawings, hopefully he gets to do something long-term with her one day.

When it comes to Humphries UXF I just hope that he can continue to give Betsy fresh new stories and not have her be exploited by the men in her life. I wouldn't mind a ninja story here and there I just don't want it all the time. I'm also eager to see her in a co-leadership with Storm and have their friendship develop even further. I hope they get their psychic link back. <3 Also, she better slap Spiral ALL. THE. TIME.
    I agree with all this. <3

What I worry about in regards to the new UXF, is whether Psylocke still going to be miserable and angsty all the time like she's been during Remender's run or not. My worry stems from the part in the video I posted where Humphries says something to the effect whether she's going to be happy or not depends on the ending to Remender's UXF. I feel like he might as well have said "Hell no! She's never going to be happy again." I'm sorry but I just don't have any faith in Rick Remender to end his run on a happy or positive note for Psylocke. I don't think he'll be able to resist one last chance to inflict yet another horrible trauma that she'll still be angsting about in the new UXF.

I'm just so tired of her either being sad, or angry or numb. I'm not saying she should never feel bad again, but I want to see a Psylocke who can actually enjoy herself too.

I apologize if I come across as overly negative.

But then again Remender did say Psylocke would be in a different place at the end of this arc. Maybe that different place could be not being miserable and having some hope for the future?

If he can prove me wrong and end his run with Psylocke in a positive place, that would be wonderful.

I won't consider Psylocke as angsty in Remender's run. She's a lot of things but I wouldn't call her angsty. In fact in the first arc, we saw some sweet moments between Betsy and Warren, as well as the end of Dark Angel Saga. We also saw that she's very much concerned with the extinction of the mutants (Apocalypse solution, issue #6 and AvX Vs)
    What Remender's done to Betsy was.. he put her in a lot of difficult situations, situations that she didn't like. Bare in mind, this was also the first time she joined an X-Force team.

Remender addressed things where Betsy begin to like 'killing' (issue 5.1).. and then she even take an extreme route by removing her sorrow - so she can no longer feel when killing (Otherworld arc). Things begin to come full circle as she realized there were so many bloods in her hands and reached its peak witnessing her future self lead a world where an extreme route of 'preemptive' killing being applied (Magistrate Braddock).

I think what Remenders meant with Psylocke being in different place after his run end, is that Betsy will take a different approach. No more killing. She (and several other UXF Vol.2) were 'killer' once, but I think she'll make it clear that No killing is going to happen with her team. I'm sure things will not be as easy as she wanted, and that's gonna be interesting to read.

Personally.. I don't like a more 'pacifist' Psylocke. But Remender have taken a lot of effort developing her to be the woman she is now. At the end of #34, I feel that Betsy got herself together, stronger than ever and very sure on what she wants. I think issue #35 will cement that.
    Last edited by metalgorgomon; 11-22-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    ===PSQUADRON ELDER ELITE====

I really wish we could get a S.T.R.I.K.E story or a nod to her celebrity status. She needs a fun little one-shot or anthology or something.
    Just a high-flying espionage/spy type save the day and get a beer afterwards kind of story. Girl needs a vacation(that eventually goes wrong).
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-22-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Psylocke