Page 265 of 562 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 8429

Here's a Comicvine interview with Sam Humphries:

http://www.comicvine.com/nycc-2012-s...orce/112-1980/

To be brutally honest, this interview just makes me dread the final two issues of Remender's Uncanny X-Force even more. Yes, I know she figuratively dodged a bullet from the Shadow King but there's still any number of horrible and not so easily reversible things that can still happen to her in issues #34 and #35. I've pretty much resigned myself to not expect anything remotely good or happy to happen to her. That said, I would really love to be wrong.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 11-20-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Here's a Comicvine interview with Sam Humphries:

http://www.comicvine.com/nycc-2012-s...orce/112-1980/

To be brutally honest, this interview just makes me dread the final two issues of Remender's Uncanny X-Force even more. Yes, I know she figuratively dodged a bullet from the Shadow King but there's still any number of horrible and not so easily reversible things that can still happen to her in issues #34 and #35. I've pretty much resigned myself to not expect anything remotely good or happy to happen to her. That said, I would really love to be wrong.
    Nice one.. Thanks for sharing it.

Some bits from the interview:
    - Puck is like a Canadian version of Indiana Jones
    - Puck just recently came back from hell (in a book written by Aaron). Anybody might know which book and what issue is this?
    - There's not really a clear leader of the team. He called it a 'crew'. But the book will be focused on Psylocke. She's the central character and the moral compass of the book. I'm guessing that the leadership is kinda shared between Psylocke and Storm, but each member has their own strong opinions and might do as they please.
    - Humphries LOVE Spiral. There're going to be a LOT of animosity between Spiral and Psylocke. But they 'have' to work together.. Hmm.. Interesting.
    - HInt about Femmtomex - Not that much but: spoilers:
    she's not Kitty Pryde!
    end of spoilers
    - Crossover witht Cable and the X-Force is definitely on his mind.. and he can't wait for the UXF crew to kick CATXF's asses. lol.

I can't wait to read this book already! But at the same time pretty sad that Remender's UXF is gonna ending soon. I'm definitely gonna treat these two volumes of UXF like a different book.
    ===PSQUADRON ELDER ELITE====

Yeah I want it to start already too! I really like how he described the group as a crew of friends as opposed to a team and he seemed to put less importance on being a leader. I feel like people in general make too big a deal about team leaders. They kind of make it sound like a leader is some dictator that enslaves the rest of the team or something, lol.

By people I mean fans. I don't think writers generally make as big a deal about leaders.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 11-21-2012 at 07:18 AM.

I don't want to spoil anything from 34 yet, but I think it was pretty clear that her line about wanting her sword back during the Deathlok Nation arc wasn't just a throwaway. I think the katanas she uses have some significance.

What happened to the UXF #34 spoiler thread?

JL81790, is it ok if you explain what you mean with spoiler tags?

I think it was too early to put it up and it was deleted. I wrote out spoilers but idk protocol since I'm a fairly newer member in terms of if someone else is meant to put it up or something.

That's weird. Is it too early to spoil anything at all even with spoiler tags and warnings?

The issue was ok at best everything got wrapped a little to quickly, a bit anti-climatic if you will

That's weird. Is it too early to spoil anything at all even with spoiler tags and warnings?
    6. WHEN TO START A DISCUSSION THREAD
    If you read an advance copy of an issue, and you want to start a thread, please keep in mind that all discussion threads for comics have to be posted no earlier than 12:00 noon (Eastern time) on the day the book is released in the United States.

Course we don't mind it being put up a bit earlier than that but that thread was far too early.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

JL81790, is it ok if you explain what you mean with spoiler tags?
    Here's the Betsy bit:

spoilers:

- Betsy overcomes SK manipulation and managed to regain her consciousness using some TP tricks
    - Omega White (the Psychic manipulator from the Omega Clan) confronted Betsy
    - Omega White is seen confronted Shadow King and attacked him. Betsy is manipulating him into attacking SK.
    - Betsy managed to trapped Shadow King consciousness inside Omega White body. Leaving him in a vegetable state. He's still alive. *Dammit Bets!*
    - Betsy and EVA seems to be the ones that have the least physical wounds. The team gathered inside EVA (UFO mode) Betsy holds Evan's face. No words.
    - Betsy holds her Katana. She then leads the team leaving the premise. As EVA leaving the premise, the katana is seen left behind.

Those scenes seems to confirm that Betsy is done killing. She insisted on not killing Shadow King.. and left her katana behind - the object that she uses to kill people.
    end of spoilers
    ===PSQUADRON ELDER ELITE====

Quote Originally Posted by metalgorgomon View Post
    Here's the Betsy bit:

spoilers:

- Betsy overcomes SK manipulation and managed to regain her consciousness using some TP tricks
    - Omega White (the Psychic manipulator from the Omega Clan) confronted Betsy
    - Omega White is seen confronted Shadow King and attacked him. Betsy is manipulating him into attacking SK.
    - Betsy managed to trapped Shadow King consciousness inside Omega White body. Leaving him in a vegetable state. He's still alive. *Dammit Bets!*
    - Betsy and EVA seems to be the ones that have the least physical wounds. The team gathered inside EVA (UFO mode) Betsy holds Evan's face. No words.
    - Betsy holds her Katana. She then leads the team leaving the premise. As EVA leaving the premise, the katana is seen left behind.

Those scenes seems to confirm that Betsy is done killing. She insisted on not killing Shadow King.. and left her katana behind - the object that she uses to kill people.
    end of spoilers
    Thank You very much. I really appreciate your thoroughness.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 11-21-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I am glad she is "done with killing".
    Despite wot the covers have shown, I hope Sam Humphries writes her using the totality of psychic knife, mindblasts, telepathic misdirection, manipulation and control. If she does end up in hand to hand...let it be just that...hand to hand, ninja bad-arsery.

Besides, having two sword-wielders on a team is somewot redundant...especially when the other character carries three/four swords at a time.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

As long as Humphries continues writing her as the clever manipulator I am contented. It's like 80s Betsy all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The issue was ok at best everything got wrapped a little to quickly, a bit anti-climatic if you will
    I haven't read the issue yet but judging from all the spoilers I've read so far, your description seems to sum it up pretty well. At this point, merely okay and anticlimactic is kind of a relief for me. My opinion may change when I finally read the actual issue.

I wonder what will happen in issue 35. Remender once said something would happen that set the Internet on fire or something like that. I'm not sure what would cause that kind of reaction. Sam Humphries has been hyping the ending a lot too. Although I guess it could be just as anticlimactic as this issue.

Also there was a wonderful psy-blade moment. In fact,I prefer it that Betsy once again chose to triumph over the Shadow King in style just as she did in Psy-War,rather than kill him.

Overall,a decent conclusion to a none-the-less mediocre arc.
    Usually it would end with a blast of the "focused totality of my telepathic power"...But that trick got really old,really fast,luv.This solution is much more elegant...Like moi.