Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Krul Replaced On "Green Arrow" By Giffen

After three issues, writer JT Krul will step down from DC's new "Green Arrow" monthly to be replaced by Keith Giffen who will now co-write with series artist Dan Jurgens.

Full article here.

Stable Antimatter Reactor Ikonic's Avatar

Well, well...

So whats the story behind this? Krul get kicked off or did he step down? Kind of a fast turnaround, thought people would get at least 6 months to establish themselves.
    I'm just hoping Green Arrow gets a creative team to build some chemistry and consistency and not flip flop writers/artists every 2-3 issues.

BANNED

The article said this was the 2nd creative change in the new 52, when really it's more like the 5th. The Suicide Squad artist was changed, and the Blackhawks artist has changed twice since the first issue.

And the 'new reader litmus test' CBR is running seems less than promising for how interesting or comprehendible these series are for new readers.

meh.

There's been a few quick turnarounds in the relaunch, so it's pr'y a thing. But, I am interested in Giffen doing Ollie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaUnity View Post
    The article said this was the 2nd creative change in the new 52, when really it's more like the 5th. The Suicide Squad artist was changed, and the Blackhawks artist has changed twice since the first issue.

And the 'new reader litmus test' CBR is running seems less than promising for how interesting or comprehendible these series are for new readers.

meh.
    they are only counting writers

Elder Member

Can't say I'm heartbroken. I found Krul's writing in the first issue to be thoroughly pedestrian.

Now if they can just replace Perez as inker.

there is a comics god

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post

Now if they can just replace Perez as inker.
    I thumbed through the book and was surprised that this wasn't a combo that worked well. What's Norm Rapmund doing nowadays? Jurgens' work never looked better to me than it did when Rapmund inked him on Booster Gold v2.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Keith Giffen writing!

...With Dan Jurgens as a co-writer.

Well, hopefully they can step it up and make the book more interesting.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The gods must really like Oliver Queen.

After years of dreaming, it's finally happened. GA has a good writer on board!
    Check out comic reviews and articles at:

http://readrant.wordpress.com

I am going to be reading Green Arrow AWESOME!

I was underwhellmed with Krul's last take on Ollie so wasn't thrilled to see him on the relaunch. I tried this new first issue and wasn't all that impressed. I will most likely drop the book and go back and digitally download back issues if Giffen & Jurgens get some better reviews. Too bad G&J didn't get the benefit of a number one issue to launch with. I wonder how many will check back in with an issue 4 for this. I didn't read the solicit...hopefully they don't have to come in mid-arc to wrap it up.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post
    I thumbed through the book and was surprised that this wasn't a combo that worked well. What's Norm Rapmund doing nowadays? Jurgens' work never looked better to me than it did when Rapmund inked him on Booster Gold v2.
    I believe he inked Jurgen's pencils for a few issues of Jurgens' '90s Teen Titans relaunch. I didn't think they worked very well then either. I've never really liked Perez's inks over other people's pencils.

I've always thought Jurgens' pencils looked best with an inker with a very sleek, organic brushwork style: Brett Breeding, Joe Rubenstein, or Dick Giordano. Obviously, Giordano's not an option, but it'd be great to see either of the others. Or maybe Karl Kesel.