Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

I know it's a Bat book but DC really has a chance to do something really different with Batwing. He's a minority character that could be used way better than he is and there could be some really interesting storylines they could do in wartime parts of Africa

Batwing could be one of the few mainstream heroes that doesn't just maintain the status quo but actually contributes to real change in the world

Quote Originally Posted by JemJet View Post
    He's a minority character that could be used way better than he is and there could be some really interesting storylines they could do in wartime parts of Africa
    Whoa whoa whoa, you're getting crazy there. It's not like they can do a story where the main character and his brother grew up as boy soldiers in a militant African army, causing conflict within the hero to doubt his value as a hero when he reaches adulthood. Meanwhile, all this being backdropped by the political issues that resulted from what essentially was the African Justice League's controversial decision to let a brutal dictator walk free, allowing the people's army over throw the war lords, setting their country free at the cost of 50,000 lives. Preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, you're getting crazy there. It's not like they can do a story where the main character and his brother grew up as boy soldiers in a militant African army, causing conflict within the hero to doubt his value as a hero when he reaches adulthood. Meanwhile, all this being backdropped by the political issues that resulted from what essentially was the African Justice League's controversial decision to let a brutal dictator walk free, allowing the people's army over throw the war lords, setting their country free at the cost of 50,000 lives. Preposterous.
    Dude, that's insane. I don't want to read this suckfest. I mean, it sounds so... interesting and peculiar...
    Now, where's my copy of Batman The Dark Knight? That's a book I can rely on.

Haha well when you look at it that it does seem a lot better. I really just want him out of Gotham for a while. The last couple issues have focused more on Batman than Batwing than I would have liked. But I do agree that this book is really interesting so far and I hope it doesn't get cancelled so that some great stories can be told with this character

Quote Originally Posted by JemJet View Post
    Haha well when you look at it that it does seem a lot better. I really just want him out of Gotham for a while. The last couple issues have focused more on Batman than Batwing than I would have liked. But I do agree that this book is really interesting so far and I hope it doesn't get cancelled so that some great stories can be told with this character
    Well, the last issue should be the end of his stint in Gotham, so you'll be getting your wish on that front. I think the next arc is split between Africa and China.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I wanna read a book like this. You're sitting on a gold mine. Move over, Winick!

BANNED

Well, the last issue should be the end of his stint in Gotham, so you'll be getting your wish on that front. I think the next arc is split between Africa and China.
    I think he's going be in singapore

Is there any hope for Batwing?

Out of the extended Batman family, David intrigues me to most, probably because the story is outside of Gotham.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in him though :( Gonna suck when my fav or second fav DC book goes bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Is there any hope for Batwing?

Out of the extended Batman family, David intrigues me to most, probably because the story is outside of Gotham.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in him though :( Gonna suck when my fav or second fav DC book goes bye bye
    Agreed, this series has los a lot of momentum since the first arc. Winick constantly forces Batman and his associates into the stories, making the series lose it's unique appeal and come much closer to "just another Bat-book"-territory. I also think Marcus To is a big downgrade from Ben Oliver and Dustin Nguyen, but that might be more of a personal gripe since To's art has recieved a lot of praise too.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Quote Originally Posted by RedliwNala View Post
    Agreed, this series has los a lot of momentum since the first arc. Winick constantly forces Batman and his associates into the stories, making the series lose it's unique appeal and come much closer to "just another Bat-book"-territory. I also think Marcus To is a big downgrade from Ben Oliver and Dustin Nguyen, but that might be more of a personal gripe since To's art has recieved a lot of praise too.
    yeah, they are trying to prop up sales using Batman and Co but I don't think it is working :(

One of most under rated books in new 52.

Must say compared to first arc, last few books seem rushed and corny but still my favourite book.

Default Batwing?

Hi everyone i need a little help im currently reading Justice League so far and im enjoying it but i want to also get into a least 2 more titles right now and i was thinking Batwing for those of you that read it so far is it good to get into also what could be another title to get into? thanks.

I wouldn't get too invested in it. It'll probably get the ax.

I started reading the series at the start, and the art was fantastic, but otherwise I kept asking myself...what's the point? Do I need a African Batman? The answer was no, but hey, different strokes for different folks, and I'd suggest trying something...different.

How about Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Dial H, Aquaman, Suicide Squad, etc... (if you wanna stick to DC. But if you're not reading Saga, you really should.)

BANNED

I think it's still worth it. Get the first trade (the rest is downhill). If you like the character, he's also in Morrison's Batman Inc vol. 1, and hopefully will also show up in the current volume.

The general consensus is that the first six issues were surprisingly good and that it has sunk into mediocre territory after that. It's not terrible or anything, but I'd say there are better titles to get in to right now.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-