Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Honestly, Bonnie's kinda a bitch, and always has been. She's never had any problem putting her own wants or moral judgments ahead of everyone else's, and she's never particularly liked Tyler. If it came down to keeping her mother alive versus Tyler, its not even a choice for her.
    Yeah, but I think she's becoming more then just bitchy now. If the old Bonnie had done what she did, she would of at least felt guilt/sorrow afterwards. Instead she acted like she really didn't care at all.

It will make for an interesting storyline though. She's always kind of looked down on vampires, yet now she herself seems to be slowly dropping to their level.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah, but I think she's becoming more then just bitchy now. If the old Bonnie had done what she did, she would of at least felt guilt/sorrow afterwards. Instead she acted like she really didn't care at all.

It will make for an interesting storyline though. She's always kind of looked down on vampires, yet now she herself seems to be slowly dropping to their level.
    Given that the majority of the main characters have done things that are morally questionable I don't think it's really fair to single out Bonnie. IMO Matt is probably the only character on that show that seems to have his head on straight
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Well sure, its not quite that simple and I don't mean to single out Bonnie - I like her actually. And in a show where one of the romantic leads is pretty much a sociopath depending on what day of the week it is, being a bitch isn't all bad, comparatively, lol. But what I meant was Bonnie's good at narrowing her focus. Factor in the needs of the many plus the fact that her mother's life is at stake, she's not gonna trouble herself all that much over Tyler.

I do hope they don't go a Dark Willow route and make her a future Big Bad, as its a bit obvious at this point, but I consider Esther a massively wasted opportunity. The mother of all vampires and original bad-ass hoodoo mama....now there could have been a big bad, if they hadn't watered her down so much.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Well sure, its not quite that simple and I don't mean to single out Bonnie - I like her actually. And in a show where one of the romantic leads is pretty much a sociopath depending on what day of the week it is, being a bitch isn't all bad, comparatively, lol. But what I meant was Bonnie's good at narrowing her focus. Factor in the needs of the many plus the fact that her mother's life is at stake, she's not gonna trouble herself all that much over Tyler.

I do hope they don't go a Dark Willow route and make her a future Big Bad, as its a bit obvious at this point, but I consider Esther a massively wasted opportunity. The mother of all vampires and original bad-ass hoodoo mama....now there could have been a big bad, if they hadn't watered her down so much.
    IMO I think they've wasted Michael. A vampire that was also responsible for the creaton of The Originals, hunts vampires, drinks vampires blood, and responsible for Klaus being Klaus could have had potential to be a bigger big bad. During the finale I was thinking how interesting it could have been if Michael and Alaric had joined forces

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Given that the majority of the main characters have done things that are morally questionable I don't think it's really fair to single out Bonnie.
    She's not really being singled out. Yes, most of the other characters have done some messed up things..nobody is denying that, but it doesn't somehow make what Bonnie did any better. Singling Bonnie out would be if other characters did questionable things and nobody commented on it, but then decided to comment when Bonnie did it. I can't speak for other people, but Bonnie is far from the only character I've called out for her behavior.

I'm not saying they are better then her, I'm simply pointing out that she had looked down on vampires for so long..but now has suddenly begun acting in questionable ways herself.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-11-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I really enjoyed this ep but a couple of things have me puzzled.

1) Why did Elena faint at the beginning of the episode?

2) Any reason why Bonnie chose Tyler as Klaus' vessel? That's pretty cold. I'm hoping she asked him when he called her.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

The finale was ok just the whole flasback crap bug me, any way so is Tylaus is just a werewolf that can change at will or still a hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    1) Why did Elena faint at the beginning of the episode?
    In the previous episode she had been thrown to the ground and hit her head, she obviously had thought it wasn't as serious as it would turn out to be.

2) Any reason why Bonnie chose Tyler as Klaus' vessel? That's pretty cold. I'm hoping she asked him when he called her.
    Not sure why, hopefully she did ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrach Fan View Post
    The finale was ok just the whole flasback crap bug me, any way so is Tylaus is just a werewolf that can change at will or still a hybrid?
    When Klaus possessed Rick he gained vampiric abilities, so one would assume Tyklaus would still be a hybrid.

that was Damons blood Elana was given, haha called it...BOOSH!

Azumanga Avenger! Yay! The Real Nemo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    Its kind of funny how much the series has diverged from the books yet will swing back to exactly duplicate the books at times. I haven't read them but those who have are saying that the way Elena became a vampire in tonights episode is pretty close to how it happened in the books.
    Yep, though in that case it happened because of spoilers:
    a storm caused by Katherine.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I don't see why. The Originals are still just as powerful and just as much of a threat now as they've ever been. Klaus stopped being much of a "Big bad" a good while ago, but they've clearly set things up for him to stick around. There's no inherent reason for them to be replaced (no matter how much I wish there were).
    Klaus' siblings have never filled that role though, I don't really see them starting now. Even before Klaus actually showed up we always knew he was the main force behind the Originals' storyline. The Originals' will probably always have some presence in the series, but my feeling is they're going to introduce something new next season as the main threat. I could be wrong of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    When Klaus possessed Rick he gained vampiric abilities, so one would assume Tyklaus would still be a hybrid.
    As I recall his body was still human, so he had to have a witch power him up.

I think the chick who plays rebecca played a character in h20.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I think the chick who plays rebecca played a character in h20.
    Yeah, a couple characters from that show found their way on CW programming.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, a couple characters from that show found their way on CW programming.
    I recognized Stefan as a character from a low budget horror film I saw awhile back.

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I recognized Stefan as a character from a low budget horror film I saw awhile back.
    Haha, Stefan's actually been all around the high school paranormal block. He starred almost a decade ago in a show called Wolf Lake, where he played a teenage werewolf. Years later, he played Lex Luthor's long lost villainous brother on Smallville, and he also starred in an ABC Family miniseries called Fallen, where he played Lucifer's son, a Nephilim.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Nemo View Post
    Klaus' siblings have never filled that role though, I don't really see them starting now. Even before Klaus actually showed up we always knew he was the main force behind the Originals' storyline. The Originals' will probably always have some presence in the series, but my feeling is they're going to introduce something new next season as the main threat. I could be wrong of course.
    The Originals have always been deeply underwhelming as villains but they're still here, which is why your suggestion that "they're going to have to bring in something to fill the void" doesn't hold any water. Clearly, as far as the writers are concerned, there is no void to fill, otherwise they would have actually killed Klaus off instead of coming up with yet another lame reason to keep him around. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to go anywhere any time soon.