Page 821 of 822 FirstFirst ... 321721771811817818819820821822 LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 12317
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Allen West, crazy as ever, still refuses to concede defeat. This in spite of a recount of the early voting ballots from his district upholding his opponent, Patrick Murphy's win by 1900+ votes.
    West really is a puppet for the Koch brothers. So its basically them fighting on to try and win this.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    West really is a puppet for the Koch brothers. So its basically them fighting on to try and win this.
    They couldn't pay enough money to offset what a terrible politician he is, for his delusional rants.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    I went for the just the winners but Gore counts but if we are going that direction. John Edwards and Lloyd Bentsen can be added to the mix.

I think the point of the article is its a rural vs urban thing not a north vs south thing.
    They're both VP picks so I ignored them. It's not just rural vs. urban though. Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire aren't exactly urban centers and they're both lily white, but Obama took all three. Same with Iowa (although it's not quite as white.) And Romney did a lot worse among white voters in rural northern states like Montana and North Dakota than Bush did in 04 or even McCain in 08. Basically, Romney did really well with whites in the south. I think that somebody posted an article about that earlier in this thread.

It's an urban/rural thing, but it's also a north/south thing.

I think it might be hilarious if the GOP get surprised in 2016 by assuming they'll just win the southern states again, until early polls come in, and they have to panic because it's up for grabs if the Democrats run a white candidate.

"HOW DID WE LOSE OUR SUPPORT BASE? WHAT'S GOING ON? THEY DON'T GET ANGRY WHEN WE TRY TO CONVINCE THEM HILARY CLINTON IS THE "OTHER"! OH NO!"
    Especially as more young people turn voting age. While the South maybe a majority Republican sector, inroads are being made by Democrats. I say be 2016, the South will be more competitive. I'm more interested to see what other Dems are going to run as well as the Republicans. Will they adopt the failed strategy of moving so far to the right that they can't get to the middle? Are they going for the Teap Party vote? Will Rush and FOX have an impact in these elections? And most importantly, will the Republican candidate get a fact checker?
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

After all the provisional and early votes were counted in Arizona's 2nd district, Ron Barber has retained the Congressional seat formerly held by Gabby Giffords for the Democrats. His opponent, Martha McSally, conceded yesterday.

Updated Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    They're both VP picks so I ignored them. It's not just rural vs. urban though. Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire aren't exactly urban centers and they're both lily white, but Obama took all three. Same with Iowa (although it's not quite as white.) And Romney did a lot worse among white voters in rural northern states like Montana and North Dakota than Bush did in 04 or even McCain in 08. Basically, Romney did really well with whites in the south. I think that somebody posted an article about that earlier in this thread.

I say VP picks count because they do influence the vote and it shows some catering to the south. I guess the end point is that north and south still counts and is being taken into account, but the urban/rural thing isn't and really needs to be looked at.
    I'm not liberal, liberals have beliefs. I'm a democrat, the only belief I have is that republicans are wrong.

Let's free the market, so it can enslave us all

Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post

while 'urban' has been used as a code word often, it's not always meant to be. in this case, urban meaning city.

Man, Mitt has let himself go the past two weeks.

Next thing you know he'll be like this:

Updated Tuesdays.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Man, Mitt has let himself go the past two weeks.

it's as i feared. with the election over, all that's left is for Mitt to return to his second job; as the Trinity Killer.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Romney was just.... I dont know.
    He didn't seem to either...

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Remember, too, that it's *Obama* who is responsible for any racial tension in the nation. Not the people who say he's from Africa, or call his wife a Wookie, or post pictures of him as a witch doctor, or argue that he's going to replace the Constitution with Sharia law.

Nope, it's all Obama's fault for...doing...something.
    Well...he is being black. You have to admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Where would they be sent?

*please not Canada...please not Canada...please not Canada...please not Canada...*
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

Where would they be sent?

*please not Canada...please not Canada...please not Canada...please not Canada...*
    Sedn them to Australia, we'll sort them out.

We even took the Irish.
    Last edited by Iangould; 11-24-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    while 'urban' has been used as a code word often, it's not always meant to be. in this case, urban meaning city.
    I have been thinking a lot about the urban vs rural thing and trying to think of where a rural liberal would differ from a urban liberal. The biggest difference I would think is on gun control everything else would not been so much a difference on belief but priority and the how.
    I'm not liberal, liberals have beliefs. I'm a democrat, the only belief I have is that republicans are wrong.

Let's free the market, so it can enslave us all

Myspace

just something to keep in mind

Republicans face unexpected challenges in coastal South amid shrinking white vote
    OXFORD, Miss. — Late on election night, a small melee erupted at the University of Mississippi here when a group of white students frustrated by the reelection of President Obama marched outside and began shouting racial slurs at African American students. Several hundred people gathered to watch as two white students were arrested.

“Mississippi still has a lot of work to do in race relations,” said Kimbrely Dandridge, an African American Obama supporter and president of the student body.

Yet even as that incident evoked ugly memories of an earlier era, Election Day in the South told a newer and more surprising story: The nation’s first black president finished more strongly in the region than any other Democratic nominee in three decades, underscoring a fresh challenge for Republicans who rely on Southern whites as their base of national support.

Obama won Virginia and Florida and narrowly missed victory in North Carolina. But he also polled as well in Georgia as any Democrat since Jimmy Carter, grabbed 44 percent of the vote in deep-red South Carolina and just under that in Mississippi — despite doing no substantive campaigning in any of those states.

Much of the post-election analysis has focused on the demographic crisis facing Republicans among Hispanic voters, particularly in Texas. But the results across other parts of the South, where Latinos remain a single-digit minority, point to separate trends among blacks and whites that may also have big implications for the GOP’s future.

[...]

The pattern is markedly different in the five states that hug the Atlantic coast from Virginia to Florida, which together hold82 of the South’s 160 electoral votes. A combination of a growing black population, urban expansion, oceanfront development and in-migration from other regions has opened up increasing opportunities for Democrats in those states.

“Georgia is an achievable target for Democrats in 2016,” said Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, a frequent Obama surrogate during the campaign. “What you’re going to see is the Democratic Party making a drive through the geography from Virginia to Florida.”

That will be easier said than done — particularly when the Democratic nominee is not Obama — but powerful forces in the region are clearly eroding GOP dominance. The trends pose difficulties for a Republican Party that has been shifting toward Dixie since the “Southern strategy” of the Nixon era, which sought to encourage white flight from the Democratic Party.

In every Southern state except Louisiana, the population of African Americans grew substantially faster than that of whites over the past decade. The growth is fueled by black retirees from the north and rising numbers of young, well-educated blacks in prosperous cities such as Atlanta, Norfolk, Charlotte and Charleston, S.C.

The influx also includes fast-growing, but smaller, Hispanic populations and an infusion of less-conservative outsiders attracted to popular coastal areas. Together, the shifts are making the electoral landscape from Virginia and the Carolinas look increasingly like the swing state of Florida.

Obama’s 2012 numbers in the Southeastern coastal states outperformed every Democratic nominee since Carter and significantly narrowed past gaps between Democratic and Republican candidates. The lone possible exception is Georgia in 1996, which gave Arkansas native Bill Clinton 45.8 percent in 1996; Obama fell 0.4 percent short of that mark in tentative 2012 results, but ongoing revisions could close the gap.

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    All I know about Canada is what I see on South Park, but are there a lot of minority voters up there?
    I don't know the stats, but I think there are...I know locally there are a lot of Asian voters (I'm in the Maritimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Yes. "Obama voter" is not a protected class.
    But a secret ballot is an important right...right?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    But a secret ballot is an important right...right?
    So the owner can ask, but the customer doesn't have to answer - or they can lie. It's basically just an advertising stunt and political statement, like hanging a "I hate Obama" banner outside his shop.