Page 312 of 822 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Algren View Post
    I don't get it. What's the message of this?
    Racism? I find that's usually a good guess with stuff like this. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    even if he does get re-elected, I don't see another non white candidate getting elected President ever again
    Ever again? That's depressing.

Do you personally think that that's a good thing, like, you think that this experience has proven that non-whites can't be trusted to be president? Or do you just think the majority of Americans are that racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Ever again? That's depressing.

Do you personally think that that's a good thing, like, you think that this experience has proven that non-whites can't be trusted to be president? Or do you just have that negative a view of Americans?
    a bit of both...as a black man, my view of America is a bit skewed....but I think Obamas presidency will be used by the opposition to show that "anyone that isn't them" aka non white people can not be trusted

and the base will eat it up, because it's easy to blame someone when they don't look like you
    Support your local roller derby league

a bit of both...as a black man, my view of America is a bit skewed....but I think Obamas presidency will be used by the opposition to show that "anyone that isn't them" aka non white people can not be trusted

and the base will eat it up, because it's easy to blame someone when they don't look like you
    Thanks for clarifying.

You are welcome....to be 100 percent honest, if Romney or anyone on the GOP side wins, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to bring segregation back or something

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    Attachment 92709 who else believes in 2nd chances ?
    LOl that's gold.

When one of the best things you're known for is calling Kanye West an ass, you know you're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin9977 View Post
    LOl that's gold.

When one of the best things you're known for is calling Kanye West an ass, you know you're in trouble.
    Sure, that's one of the top things he's known for.

You are welcome....to be 100 percent honest, if Romney or anyone on the GOP side wins, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to bring segregation back or something
    Well, they're already trying to bring back Jim Crow. The truth is the US is 16 percent Hispanic/Latino now and nearly 13 percent black as of the last census, so they've spent a lot of effort on voter disenfranchisement attempts and "show us your papers" type legislation meant to intimidate non-white voters away from the polls.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...-voter-warning

out of all that, I do agree with having some form of ID if you're going to vote....maybe it's just where I live, I don't leave the house without my ID on me

The youth likes Obama. The old people will die. The youth will become middle aged and keep voting.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    The youth likes Obama. The old people will die. The youth will become middle aged and keep voting.
    there are just as many of the "youth" who are ignorant yuppie scum who are scared of brown people

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Except life don't work that way. Throw a black guy in a wife beater, with implications of sexual impropriety, and the message you are trying to throw out there automatically gets distorted.
    I think it's highly inappropriate, but I don't think it's racist. That is, the imagery itself isn't; obviously none of us can speak to the personal inspiration of the creator.

The shirt and the quote combine to portray Obama as a domestic abuser, which is incredibly out-of-line. But it's not a race-specific stereotype. If he was wearing chains or had a gold tooth or the like, then that would be different. All the imagery here, though, applies equally to the stereotype of abusive white husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Racism? I find that's usually a good guess with stuff like this. :)
    but if Bush was wearing that shirt in 2004 then it would not have been racism, correct ?

Got it in one!

I'm more offended that he's wearing a shirt with things named on it that were LEFT to him from the previous administration that he tried to fix, but had Republicans blocking him at every move. It implies that these are things he ignored, rather than trying and failing to get past his opponents.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)