Page 810 of 822 FirstFirst ... 310710760800806807808809810811812813814820 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    But, 'No Taxes' is the rallying cry.
    I guess they could cut services...like police, firefighters, road construction, basic utility upkeep, etc.
    A dozen or so new little Somalias. What a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    What are they going to do if their state has a vote of secessionism and votes "no"? Are they going to secede from their own state?
    That's easy: there aren't going to be any actual votes on secession. It's possible that some fringe state legislator might introduce a bill to that effect, but it'll never make it to a floor vote.

I frankly find it pitiful that these 'petitions' are getting any mainstream news coverage at all. They're just internet petitions. It's akin to reporting on a pro-secession Facebook page getting a lot of 'Likes.' It might be newsworthy in the sense that it illustrates a dark corner of our current political climate, but it's absolutely meaningless in terms of actual support for secession.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    That's easy: there aren't going to be any actual votes on secession. It's possible that some fringe state legislator might introduce a bill to that effect, but it'll never make it to a floor vote.

I frankly find it pitiful that these 'petitions' are getting any mainstream news coverage at all. They're just internet petitions. It's akin to reporting on a pro-secession Facebook page getting a lot of 'Likes.' It might be newsworthy in the sense that it illustrates a dark corner of our current political climate, but it's absolutely meaningless in terms of actual support for secession.
    Cosigned. It's getting coverage because it gets click throughs from both angry Victoria Jackson types and left-leaning point-and-laugh types, which is a terrible reason to run a news story.

Karl Rove meltdown
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Rightbloggers' Solution to Obama's Reelection: Bring Back Culture War and White People!
    It would be cruel to take too much pleasure in the rightblogger reactions to last Tuesday's events. Lest we forget, Democrats too have been known to lose faith in their fellow Americans when a big election doesn't go their way.

[...]

National Review's Jonah Goldberg attacked statistician Nate Silver's prediction that Obama would win, well, all the states he turned out to win. "The truth is that any statistician can build a model," sniffed Goldberg, perhaps thinking of the scale-model Munsters car he built in grad school. "They do it all the time... No doubt some models are better than others, and some models are simply better for a while and then regress to the mean... I'm not saying Silver's just lucky or shoveling garbage. He's a serious numbers guy. But so are" other pollsters who had Romney winning, etc.

But came the election, and... wait a minute, that Goldberg article is datelined the day after the election. Well, lead times are a bitch -- let's see what Goldberg said later:

If only married people voted, Romney would have won in a landslide. If only married religious people voted, you'd need a word that means something much bigger than landslide. Obviously, Obama got some votes from the married and the religious (such people can marry their interests to the state, too), but as a generalization, the Obama coalition heavily depends on people who do not see family or religion as rival or superior sources of material aid or moral authority.

[blink] [blink] You know, maybe we should just forget about Goldberg altogether.

[...]

Which is why America has to wise up: After another generation of Obama, Greenfield continued, "there will be no law, just men with guns and newspapers, and generals in convenient positions, and suitcases full of cocaine in the right hands." Gasp! Will the cocaine never cease and the darkness never end in Staten America? "The question," reasoned Greenfield, "is whether a right-wing movement can emerge that will make the vast majority of small businessmen in this country feel as negatively about a Democratic president as welfare voters feel about a Republican president?" If only the GOP had nominated a candidate who could appeal to small business owners! Now we'll never know.

Under the headline "America goes into the darkness," culture scold Melanie Philips wrote that "greatest satisfaction today over the re-election of Obama is not being felt in the Democratic Party," nor in the "corrupt" media, nor even among "the gloating, drooling decadents of the western left who now scent a great blood-letting of all who dare defy their secular inquisition" (though we can attest that they really enjoyed the fuck out of it). "No," thundered Philips, "the greatest satisfaction is surely being felt in Iran."

[blink] [blink] Wut.

The Obama administration, starring "Iranian-born [Valerie] Jarrett," Philips portrayed as happy to see Iran "complete its infernal construction of a genocide bomb to use against the Jews and the west. World War Three has now come a lot closer." She added, "four years ago, America put into the White House a sulky narcissist with close links to people with a history of thuggish, far-left, black power, Jew-bashing, west-hating politics" whose "agenda has been crystal clear from the get-go: to increase the power of the state over the citizen at home, and to neutralise American power abroad." And now that he's been reelected by those treasonous bastards the American people, said Philips, by the end of his second term "he'll almost certainly have succeeded."

Look, what we said before about not wanting to be cruel? We take it back.

[...]

yes because not being married or not going to church means you are not a real American and are a coke fueled gay Communist plotting Americas destruction from within
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Karl Rove meltdown

Megyn Kelly to Rove: "Is this just math you do to make Republicans feel better?"

I guess the answer is Yes. For Rove, Romney, Ryan, all the Rs.

Why don't these people just get high? They'll feel so much better.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Why don't these people just get high? They'll feel so much better.
    They do get high, on a slew of prescription drugs. Because if it's a prescription it's okay, if it's marijuana you should be on a chain gang in Texas.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Karl Rove meltdown
    I want my 18 minutes back. There was no melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    I want my 18 minutes back. There was no melt down.

Yeah. It's not nearly what I'd call a meltdown.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

A post-election poll: The Pew Research Center asked that if the government fails to agree on a budget and goes over the "fiscal cliff", then who is to blame?

A. Republicans in Congress?
    B. The President?
    C. Or Both Share Blame?

Answers: A: 53%. B. 29% C. 10% (margin of error: 3.7%)

Ball's in the GOP's court. Expect the president to call their bluff unless they back off of ending the Bush tax cuts on the Top 1%.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

I watched it live and it really wasn't a "meltdown", more like a stunning realization that what they thought and convinced themselves was going to happen didn't happen

that the "real America" they thought they knew, they really didn't know at all

and also Karl Rove realizing he is going to have to answer for why his SuperPACs didn't delivery as promised
    Support your local roller derby league

I'm not liberal, liberals have beliefs. I'm a democrat, the only belief I have is that republicans are wrong.

Let's free the market, so it can enslave us all

Myspace