Page 800 of 822 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    Oh please, they've been using excuses to cut the workforces in profitable times. This is true for the entire world when it comes to some businesses. they find excuses not to hire because they can maximize profits with a smaller workforce. they shouldn't get to hold the entire country hostage due to their selfishness.
    my meaning was, maybe they think it is an excuse or reason that won't bring any scrutiny

but if it is a private company, they can hire and fire who they wish, as long as it is within the bounds of the law
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Daddy will give you a lollypop if you can

a. explain how a study totally focused on the US tells us that the US "has the most progressive tax system in the world"

b. why the choice of 2009 as the year to make this comparison is signficant; and
    c. if you can find a link to a source showing total effective tax rates for Americans of different income levels taking into account social security taxes; state and local income taxes and federal, state and local indirect taxes.
    America currently has the most progressive income tax system among all industrialized nations. Just shows the ridiculousness of Obama's class warfare. He has polarized the country like no other president.

in the American tax system, the top 1% of all earners pay over 40%, the top 10% pay over 70%, and the bottom 50% account for less than 3% of all income taxes. This is a travesty and a shame. Soon a majority of earners in the US will pay no income tax at all and, therefore, will have no stake in the system and yet the rich are still demonized for not paying their "fair share." By only considering the federal tax burden in the US, there's also an additional layer of taxes imposed by the states (income, sales, intangibles, and real and personal property taxes)something not applicable in most of countries cited in contrast to the US system to draw the conclusion we're so lucky that it isn't worse. Ask residents of New York, California, and Massachusetts where, all toll, your tax burden from all sources is well in excess of 50%.

The tax burden on the most productive Americans is absurd. We clearly don't get better government for the money that's confiscated at all levels of government unless, of course, you foolishly believe bigger government is better. Moreover, to remove the responsibility of a wage earning citizen to pay something in taxes to support the federal government is equally shameful as placing so big a burden on the few in the high earning class.

Our fiscal problems cannot be solved by taxing the rich. you could take all of the rich people's income, meaning all of their assets, in better words - "wealth", of the all the millionaires and billionaires and all of the profits from the top Fortune 500 companies and it wouldn't even be enough to run an overbloated government for one year.

Tax revenues collected by the federal government were up in 2012, they actually increased. And that includes a 34% increase in taxes collected from corporations and businesses. So while tax revenues increased, defense spending decreased. Less money spent on defense and more money going into the government. and still Barack Obama managed to rack up a $1 trillion deficit! That means that we spent $1 trillion more than we took in in revenues. You have to go back to 1946 right after FDR left office to find that kind of deficit spending.

Daddy should remove his thumb out of his ass.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/.../tax-inequity/
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-...-still-tops-1t
    Last edited by ShadowWarrior; 11-10-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Vibranium should know their reason is "Fuck you that's why!":

my meaning was, maybe they think it is an excuse or reason that won't bring any scrutiny

but if it is a private company, they can hire and fire who they wish, as long as it is within the bounds of the law
    Doesn't mean they're not being petty, childish, spiteful dicks, though. Even Papa John's CEO said it would cost them about 11 cents a pizza (although he seems to think this is a nightmare that will ruin his business, whereas everyone else says "WTF? That's nothing! Just pass it along to the consumer as usual."). But, no, instead we cut everyone's hours so they don't qualify for benefits (an old "anti-union" trick from way back).

"You leave us no choice!" Right, except for the dozen or so other choices, some more cost effective and businesslike.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I see nothing.
    Your mother warned you that you'd go blind if you kept doing that.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Doesn't mean they're not being petty, childish, spiteful dicks, though. Even Papa John's CEO said it would cost them about 11 cents a pizza (although he seems to think this is a nightmare that will ruin his business, whereas everyone else says "WTF? That's nothing! Just pass it along to the consumer as usual."). But, no, instead we cut everyone's hours so they don't qualify for benefits (an old "anti-union" trick from way back).

"You leave us no choice!" Right, except for the dozen or so other choices, some more cost effective and businesslike.
    agreed...of course "F*** You, that's why" probably isn't something you'd put on a company memo
    Support your local roller derby league

If everyone making under $50,000 a year stopped buying the dickhead's pizza maybe he'd change his tune. We have the power to stop this shit. Just not the will.

I can't help with that. I never get their pizza anyway.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

I can't help with that. I never get their pizza anyway.
    There isn't one within at least 40 miles of me. And I don't actually fit my criteria. But I wouldn't buy from this yutz if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Huh.

I knew they were bad, but I thought stuff like that just jokes, or exaggerations.

And then you see things like this:

I mean, using that logic, everyone unemployed now wasn't good enough for a job.

So why the fuck is this guy blaming Obama for unemployment?
    No, everyone unemployed couldn't find work because of the housing mortgage crisis caused by the government forcing banks to give loans to people - most being the Illegal Aliens, who can't afford them. Clinton, Bush, and Obama are all to blame for this. This mess is the fault of both parties. Obama is both indirectly and directly involved and made things a whole lot worse.

Senator McCain says that he would investigate those who are responsible for the mortgage crisis, and he specifically named Barney Frank and Chris Dodd.

Now have you heard any Democrats be able to come up with a reason why they aren't to blame for this subprime mortgage meltdown? Bill Clinton has been the only Democrat I've heard thus far come forward and say that policies during his administration may have aided the crisis by repealing the Glass-Steagall Act. Nancy Pelosi? The Democrats are absolutely not to blame. The Obama campaign? This is just a repercussion of the failed Bush policies of the last eight years. That is all the Democrats can come up with. And this is where the mainstream media will leave it.

http://money.gather.com/viewArticle....81474977461051
    http://thestrangedeathofliberalameri...ve-report.html

Now here's the real swift kicker:

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development reports that five million fraudulent home mortgages are in the hands of illegal aliens.

But here's some history to consider. We know for a fact that there are states out there, like California, that knowingly allow illegal immigrants to buy homes. Guess who you can thank for that for aiding that little scheme? ACORN. Yes, ACORN. Barack Obama's very favorite ... Take a look at this story in the link below from November of 2005. Here's how it begins: "For many, it's the American dream: owning a home. With the recent spike in housing costs, it's become more difficult for many Valley families to qualify for a home loan. But some local banks are giving out loans, and they don't even require a social security number."

Isn't that amazing?! No Social Security number. That would be code for "making a loan to an illegal alien." What they actually end up using are Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or I-TIN, to secure these mortgages. While these numbers are supposed to be for foreign-born residents who live legally in the United States, it is common knowledge that these numbers are used primarily by illegal aliens.

the article tells a little story about David the illegal immigrant. When David, a borderline criminal who should have no rights, wanted to get a home, who did he go to for help? ACORN. The article says, "The Valley non-profit group Acorn is helping people like David. They set him up with Citibank in Fresno, where a social security number is not required."

Back in 2005, it was estimated that there were 250,000 illegal immigrants in the US who make enough money to be eligible for a home loan. Now HUD is estimating that there are 20 times that amount who currently have mortgages? Those 250,000 were estimated to be worth about $60 billion in potential mortgages. If there are 5 million illegal aliens currently holding fraudulent mortgages, imagine how many billions we are talking.

We're looking at just another reason why we are in this position to begin with. Somewhere along the way, people began adding things to our Constitution that don't even exist. For example, "the right to own a piece of the American dream." David, the illegal immigrant, says "I work hard like any other citizen and I try to live just like a normal citizen. And I have everything, I think I still have my rights."

I will point you to this statistic. Illegal immigrants who do own homes have a lower rate of delinquency than legal US citizens. This is based on foreclosure rates of people who use Social Security numbers to buy a home compared to the Taxpayer Identification Number.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-...al-mortgages-u
    http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?se...cal&id=3649553
    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct.../me-immighome6
    Last edited by ShadowWarrior; 11-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.

it's like being in a freeper forum....

...two years ago

I'm getting really tired of all this. So on a final note, let me say this:

The reason why Obama got re-elected in the second term is because the illegals who want immigration reform voted him in. A unprecedented whooping 75% of hispanics elected him. A very large amount within the hispanics are illegals. This even made someone like Sean Hannity to re-thinks his stance on immigration reform. Which is unfortunate. That's how fucked up in the mess we are in.

http://nbclatino.com/2012/11/06/reco...s-re-election/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Algren View Post
    If Albert Mohler thinks something is bad, you can pretty much bet that it's really, really, really good.
    And the conservative evangelical vote no longer being relevant in US politics would be very, very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    Oh please, they've been using excuses to cut the workforces in profitable times. This is true for the entire world when it comes to some businesses.
    Yeah, I don't know why anyone should buy the excuse. Small companies, that makes sense, they have low profit margins. Large companies that have been making more profit? Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
    No, everyone unemployed couldn't find work because of the housing mortgage crisis caused by the government forcing banks to give loans to people
    This never happened.

Also, David the illegal immigrant "came to California at the age of 13 on a passport, but he never went back to Mexico. Instead, he went to high school, learned English, and eventually got a job as an electrician". Not exactly scary. He's pretty much naturalised.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

The reason why Obama got re-elected in the second term is because the illegals who want immigration reform voted him in. A unprecedented whooping 75% of hispanics elected him.

I can't think of something to say that isn't rude.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

The reason why Obama got re-elected in the second term is because the illegals who want immigration reform voted him in. A unprecedented whooping 75% of hispanics elected him. A very large amount within the hispanics are illegals. This even made someone like Sean Hannity to re-thinks his stance on immigration reform. Which is unfortunate. That's how fucked up in the mess we are in.

Keep pissing off minorities with crap like this. That'll get you that 2016 election for sure.

Only citizens can vote and the fact that you don't see the humanity of the folks you disparaged is the very reason you lost the election. It's one of many reasons.

o