Page 782 of 822 FirstFirst ... 282682732772778779780781782783784785786792 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 12317
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
    Again, irrelevant. I'm not going to discuss to someone like you, who's clueless, that some academic egghead is qualified to be president. He's all about theory with no list of applied accomplishments. You live in a fantasy and support a president who believes in fantasy when in Reality, his policies and ideology has been tried and failed.
    Its amazing someone who lifts himself up , who manages to get to a prestigious school like Harvard is an academic egghead. Its no wonder our country is failing. People see someone smart who helped themselves and this is what they feel. When did it become wrong to actually be smart and learn things ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    This is just testosterone and after-win-glow talking. If Obama goes hard-line, and tries to FORCE the House to relent, he's inviting more filibusters than he already has. You know it, I know it, and the president knows it. Now you might see that as proof positive that the House Republicans are the problem and they need to go, and you'd be almost completely correct. But there's a VERY LARGE proportion of the country who will simply tag it as further proof that the President is unwilling to "reach across the aisle" and proof that he can't get anything done. In fact, if NOTHING of substance gets done in 2 years, you could lose the Senate to the Republicans, too.

Going into it with a chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind sounds fine and dandy in the in the he-man fuck-them-other-guys fantasy, but here in reality, the President is still going to have to extend the "let's work together" hand and be willing to compromise. And THEN if the Republicans refuse, you can only HOPE that enough people in that "other half" of the population realize it and toss 'em out. And even THAT is a coin flip at best.
    Thank you, stated better than me.
    Understand Jabare, if he tries to work with the house and they refuse, the republicans face a much better chance of losing in 2014.
    But if he honestly tries, and they honestly work with him, something will get done, both sides can be happier. You may not get everything you want, but neither party ever gets everything they want, that's the way the government works, it's built in such a way that encourages compromise.

Frankly, the absolute best thing I expect out of this next 4 years is replacement of 3 or even 4 Supreme Court members, and I'm hoping for relatively liberal judges be appointed.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Wow, those last few pages were hilarious reading.

Is that really what Tea Party nutcases sound like?
    Yes. Trust me...I have friends who believe the entire deal. They will post pictures on FB of the whole Tea Party ideals of , "Fuck those people on welfare , fuck those poor people. Its all about you !"
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

This is just testosterone and after-win-glow talking. If Obama goes hard-line, and tries to FORCE the House to relent, he's inviting more filibusters than he already has. You know it, I know it, and the president knows it. Now you might see that as proof positive that the House Republicans are the problem and they need to go, and you'd be almost completely correct. But there's a VERY LARGE proportion of the country who will simply tag it as further proof that the President is unwilling to "reach across the aisle" and proof that he can't get anything done. In fact, if NOTHING of substance gets done in 2 years, you could lose the Senate to the Republicans, too.

Going into it with a chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind sounds fine and dandy in the in the he-man fuck-them-other-guys fantasy, but here in reality, the President is still going to have to extend the "let's work together" hand and be willing to compromise THEN if the Republicans refuse, you can only HOPE that enough people in that "other half" of the population realize it and toss 'em out. And even THAT is a coin flip at best.
    I am hoping to take Boehner at his word that he will be willing to work with the President this time; at least they were able to muzzle McConnel.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

And who the fuck says you're entitled to a job? Prove and provide your worth, value and skill. Then you'd deserve whatever particular desired job position you're aiming for.
    You mean like the president did? Twice?

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bain's practices can be seen here...regarding business , expansion (earning millions in profits) and saying FUCK THE EMPLOYEES...I gots mine...

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/lem...l-obama-style/

Do you really wanna take up for these assholes ?
    you win some, you lose some. sometimes, in order to succeed, you would need to go through failure. That's the nature of business. The article outlined that there's major successes as well.
    Last edited by ShadowWarrior; 11-08-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    I am hoping to take Boehner at his word that he will be willing to work with the President this time; at least they were able to muzzle McConnel.
    Fingers crossed, i've always been of the belief the country works better when the parties actually attempt to do things together.
    Well...except for things like when they work together to pass the patriot act and wars and stuff, but other than that, a positive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Fingers crossed, i've always been of the belief the country works better when the parties actually attempt to do things together.Well...except for things like when they work together to pass the patriot act and wars and stuff, but other than that, a positive thing.
    indeed...we will only go as far as that mindset takes us, anything else and we will come up short
    Support your local roller derby league

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yes. Trust me...I have friends who believe the entire deal. They will post pictures on FB of the whole Tea Party ideals of , "Fuck those people on welfare , fuck those poor people. Its all about you !"
    Huh.

I knew they were bad, but I thought stuff like that just jokes, or exaggerations.

And then you see things like this:

And who the fuck says you're entitled to a job? Prove and provide your worth, value and skill. Then you'd deserve whatever particular desired job position you're aiming for.
    I mean, using that logic, everyone unemployed now wasn't good enough for a job.

So why the fuck is this guy blaming Obama for unemployment?
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    indeed...we will only go as far as that mindset takes us, anything else and we will come up short
    The downside to this, of course, is even if we get a great 2 years of compromise and bipartisanship, it all goes out the window 2 years after that.
    But i'm prepared to just accept that's they way the country will always be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    No Clinton was fairly liberal.
    in what reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    I mean, using that logic, everyone unemployed now wasn't good enough for a job.

So why the fuck is this guy blaming Obama for unemployment?
    Because he's angry and his talking points got mixed up.
    It happens.

Going into it with a chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind sounds fine and dandy in the in the he-man fuck-them-other-guys fantasy, but here in reality, the President is still going to have to extend the "let's work together" hand and be willing to compromise. And THEN if the Republicans refuse, you can only HOPE that enough people in that "other half" of the population realize it and toss 'em out. And even THAT is a coin flip at best.
    Then they will get nothing done and you further split the county, because claiming an overwhelming majority based on electoral votes while ignoring the percentages does you a disservice in the next election cycle when an electoral college doesn't determine who wins.
    They go the way you are suggesting, and the 2014 campaigns will go as follows
    Republicans: Democrats refused to work with us even a tiny bit and they ignored what you people want.
    Democrats: Republicans didn't give us everything we want and we didn't comprimise because they are stupid.
    Run that campaign and see who wins.

Going two years with an agenda you can't get passed just because is incredibly selfish and stupid, if either party refuses to give they do a disservice to all of america, not just the half that voted against them.
    Added into this is the tea party should not be allowed to direct what the republicans as a whole can do, they should not refuse any comprise offered because it hurts the country.
    This takes both sides, you are suggesting they make it so nothing is done. That is horrible, that is politics for the sake of politics in the hopes that your side will win in another 2 years.
    Thank you, stated better than me.
    Understand Jabare, if he tries to work with the house and they refuse, the republicans face a much better chance of losing in 2014.
    But if he honestly tries, and they honestly work with him, something will get done, both sides can be happier. You may not get everything you want, but neither party ever gets everything they want, that's the way the government works, it's built in such a way that encourages compromise.
    Disagree. My point is that Obama has a clear mandate now, with his resounding win. It's not just Obama putting pressure on the House its America in general. Just cause you voted on Tuesday or prior doesn't mean you just go back to business as usual people should still be a voice in advocating the change and policies they want and put pressure on our representatives to get it done.

I know people like to put everything on the presidents, but really I've seen the issue over the past few years as a congressional one.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    in what reality?
    The one where obama is a radical liberal communist.
    How is communism the extreme example of liberalism by the way?