Page 776 of 822 FirstFirst ... 276676726766772773774775776777778779780786 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    Following a policy that said to women that their bodies weren't theirs to make decisions over, in a country of 157 million women, doesn't seem like the smartest policy really, does it?
    no no you guys are misunderstanding. Women can do whatever they want with their hair and their finger nails, but when it comes to their reproductive parts the republicans just wanted to lend them a guiding hand. Yes, rape is a terrible crime, but if a woman is raped know that God wanted it to happen, and he wants them to have the child and joint custody with their rapist. Was that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no no you guys are misunderstanding. Women can do whatever they want with their hair and their finger nails, but when it comes to their reproductive parts the republicans just wanted to lend them a guiding hand. Yes, rape is a terrible crime, but if a woman is raped know that God wanted it to happen, and he wants them to have the child and joint custody with their rapist. Was that too much to ask?

And once the baby is born, and the woman has to go through therapy, and has to go on assistance to support the child, they can label her a 'welfare queen'!
    It's a win for their bigoted, ignorant supporters!!

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Well, I think that the general consensus is that this election has proven you can't rely on the old, white, male vote anymore. New voices in the electorate are becoming louder, and the by-demographic breakdown supports that. If they keep on as they are, they're going to find themselves in a series of unwinnable races. It'll be evolve or die soon enough.
    Broke down laughing and screaming for more/If this changed your life, did you have one before?
    sketches - Updated 2/26/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Being a parasite and moocher I only worked a 10-hour day today. I'll be making up for that tomorrow when the Supanova convention starts. Si I really should be gettinb to bed.

But before I do: what matters is not the absolute level of debt it is the debt to GDP ratio and the debt servicing cost as a percentage of GDP. You can reduce those by reducing debt or by increaing GDP. (This is exactly what the Clinton did.) Reducing the annual US government deficit to below the long-term average rate of GDP growth of 3-4% requires three things: higher taxes; spending cuts and faster economic growth.

Of course, you conseratives would have us believe you can do it by eating live puppies. (What if you're goign to ludicrously misrepresent my psoition Ill ludicrously mirepresent yours, you puppyweater!.
    Clinton, moved to the center after his second term and worked with the Republicans in congress. Obama is no Clinton. He is even far to the left of Jimmy Carter.

On a less serious note:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
    Clinton, moved to the center after his second term and worked with the Republicans in congress. Obama is no Clinton. He is even far to the left of Jimmy Carter.
    No Clinton was fairly liberal.
    please Obama is as centrist as it gets for 2012. The notion that he is some radical liberal is simply a blatant lie. Obama tried the middle ground approach in his first term and the Republicans wouldn't work with the democrats on anything. So screw it. The GOP needs to re-evaluate where the center is to them, because what the tea party view as the center is not the where the rest of Americans view it

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post

On a less serious note:

oh if we are doing less serious than you might find this funny.

If your a big Romney fan this might not be the best video for you though

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Clinton explained himself that he and the Republicans started to work out things . He would give them something and they would allow him to raise the business tax to where it was before Reagan. It was things like that.

Obama has tried compromise a lot...more than any other person would. He has offered to relax some things but has made it clear...taxes must be raised on the 1% and that is a key here to save this country. The Republicans have openly came out and said they would hold things up. Which they have. To achieve his healthcare package and more in office...Obama has been lucky. When you have McConnell fillibuster 268 times in 1 year alone over things , its dumb. It holds up progress the country could have.

Seeing both sides get called out on 60 minutes last week was good. Maybe they will work forward now. And realize what true compromise is.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I hope the Libertarian party really start to take off and simply absorbs the more rational republicans. Libertarians an Democrats those would be elections I'd want to see. Parties with 21st century values having some real public discourse

Obama is about as left as Nixon.
    What the hell are you on about?

He's talking about what rightwingrealnews.blogspot.com (AN UNBIASED SOURCE) has been saying all along! COMMUNISMS!
    Broke down laughing and screaming for more/If this changed your life, did you have one before?

I better get my Commie-detector out of storage.
    Ever Vigilant.
    Let me pop in my DVD of Red Dawn, and watch it on continuous loop for a week.

If you believe that then you have no clue what it means to be on the left. Obama pretty much "reach" across the table so much that his own party Critizied him for doing so. if anyone is going to center it's Obama.

You know it kinda bugs me that Dick Morris got canned from fox. Only thing I've seen him do wrong is Predect Romney winning by a landslide. If that was the case Karl Rove should be throw out face first from Fox news.
    Last edited by matrix; 11-08-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma.

Don't forget to shake your pants out if you leave them on the floor overnight. Commies will nest in there.

Wait, I may be thinking of brown recluse spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Clinton explained himself that he and the Republicans started to work out things . He would give them something and they would allow him to raise the business tax to where it was before Reagan. It was things like that.

Obama has tried compromise a lot...more than any other person would. He has offered to relax some things but has made it clear...taxes must be raised on the 1% and that is a key here to save this country. The Republicans have openly came out and said they would hold things up. Which they have. To achieve his healthcare package and more in office...Obama has been lucky. When you have McConnell fillibuster 268 times in 1 year alone over things , its dumb. It holds up progress the country could have.

Seeing both sides get called out on 60 minutes last week was good. Maybe they will work forward now. And realize what true compromise is.
    Let’s address this “taxing the rich” nonsense. Bill Clinton’s Labor Secretary Robert Reich qualifies for head-up-the-ass moment of the day. He wrote in a column:

“When arguing against paying their fair share of taxes, wealthy regressives claim ‘it’s my money.’ But it’s their nation, too. And unless they pay their share, America can’t meet the basic needs of our people. True patriotism means paying for America.”

OK .. what is really going on here are three things.

Number one, Robert Reich is ignorantly implying that the rich currently don’t pay their fair share. We’ve been through that song and dance time and time again. We have the most progressive tax system in the industrialized world. When the top one percent pay close to 40% of the income taxes in this nation, but earn just 20%, I’d consider that to be fair. Apparently that isn’t good enough for progressives like Robert Reich.

Number two, defining his idea of the basic needs of the people...... I would venture to say that our founding fathers did not envision a government that pays for cell phones, food stamps, home heating, child care … these “basic” needs are unearned income that are being transferred from the evil rich to those who did not earn it. The problem isn’t that the rich aren’t paying enough; the problem is that the moochers are demanding more from the government … and politicians are willing to give in to those demands in order to secure votes, and therefore retain power.

Number three, where do we get this idea that paying taxes makes you a patriotic American? Has this truly become the measure of what makes a true patriot? I would venture to say that the men and women who have fought or died fighting for our freedoms … they are the patriots. Complying with the law to pay a certain amount of money to a federal government hardly seems patriotic.

Obama actually doubled down on this concept of evil rich people paying taxes if they want to be patriots. Obama says that “true patriots don’t hate the government of the United States.” He says that “true patriots work to improve the U.S. government, not destroy it. But regressive Republicans loathe the government — and are doing everything they can to paralyze it, starve it, and make the public so cynical about it that it’s no longer capable of doing much of anything.”

This goes back to the tactic where Democrats would try to paint Romney as an “extreme libertarian.” Just because someone preaches the values of our Constitution, limited government with checks and balances and the value of the 10th Amendment does not mean that you hate government. What a childish argument to assert and I hope even the government educated among you and the rest could see through that load of bullshit.