Page 714 of 822 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 12317

lmao, 'birth certificates'

c'mon, this is election day entertainment to calm the anxiety and frayed nerves. especially if you had a long day waiting to vote, after being steered to the wrong place or had some annoying asshat poll watcher bug you or some lawyer try to intimidate...oops, i mean, suggest you take a provisional ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Now, are you relaying actual information there, or are you just "trolling both sides" as per your announcement?
    This is legit.

My friend was telling me about it on google chat.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    George W. Bush wishes his bullshit, nakedly imperialist war had gone off as well as Polk's.
    That's what Bush gets for losing.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    This is legit.

My friend was telling me about it on google chat.
    I dunno.
    You've been crying wolf a little too often.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I dunno.
    You've been crying wolf a little too often.
    Take it as you will.

Politico’s definition of presidential mandate diminishes women, minorities
    If Barack Obama wins re-election on Tuesday, he will have succeeded by winning the majority of votes cast by African-Americans, Latinos, single women, unionized white workers in the rust belt, the northeastern United States, the west coast, LGBT Americans, and voters under the age of 50.

In some cases, (African-Americans and Hispanics, who according to the latest Latino Decisions poll are breaking for the president by an unprecedented 73 percent to 24 percent, with the potential to decide the election in four states) he will have won a super-majority of those voters.

But if you ask the Jim Vandehei and Mike Allen, the senior editors at Politico, he will have won, without really winning:

If President Barack Obama wins, he will be the popular choice of Hispanics, African-Americans, single women and highly educated urban whites. That’s what the polling has consistently shown in the final days of the campaign. It looks more likely than not that he will lose independents, and it’s possible he will get a lower percentage of white voters than George W. Bush got of Hispanic voters in 2000.

A broad mandate this is not.

Mr. Vandehei and Mr. Allen have finally stripped the political-speak from a truism that is all-too common among the Beltway media: that white voters are the default — the necessary ingredient for the creation of a “broad mandate.” In fact, not even all white voters get to be a part of the mandate. Apparently, “highly educated urban whites” need not apply.

What Politico’s prognosticators have failed to explain, is how a sitting president, having previously been elected by 52 percent of voters, and then re-elected, most likely by more than half the electorate again, including nearly four in ten white voters (the “highly educated urban” ones and the working class renegades who somehow managed to reject Mitt Romney’s racial tractor beam, according to Politico’s formulation), would fail to have earned a “mandate.”

Last we checked, black, Latino, young, single, and even “highly educated urban” folks were Americans, too. And winning a majority of those votes is a mandate.

And the president has also performed roughly better than or even with all of his Democratic predecessors since Jimmy Carter among white male voters.

In a country as diverse as America is, and as diverse as it is becoming, it seems that any president, from either party, has to at least have a means of appealing to, addressing, and governing in the interests, of Americans who are not older, southern and Midwestern white men and their wives (the groups Romney is winning in a landslide).

To put it more pointedly, how would Politico’s editors explain the “mandate” that would be won by Romney if he were to win, since in doing so, he will have won almost no votes from minority voters, and since his party will have done so after appearing to be determined, even desperate, to keep those groups from the polls by restricting early voting, and raising the illegitimate specter “voter fraud” at every turn?

In the 21st century, can a president truly be said to have earned a broad mandate, having essentially run against, and then been rejected by, ethnic groups that represent a combined quarter of the U.S. population?

Can a president be said to have a mandate if he is rejected by a majority of women of all races?

Can a president be said to have a broad mandate without being able to address, or at least not offend, non-white Americans?

Or is being a president who shares the ethnicity of 43 of the last 44 presidents all the “mandate” Romney would need?

but all the mudslinging and general nastiness aside

voter tampering, of any kind, from either side is unconcsionable

If a candidate I don't like wins, fine...as long as the voting process is fair and not tampered with in any way

we're a country built on voting, on electing our officials instead of letting "God" or bloodline dicate that

I can not understand anyone who thinks tampering is somehow "what's best"...and I have heard this POV quite a bit from a few of our uninformed fellow humans
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I like how she says it was "only" two ballots.
    If so then she should get only two consecutive five year sentences
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Yup. The drone stuff is a double edge sword that leaves plenty of blood on the President's hands.

But.. Romney also agreed with it's use. So either way, it's going to be used for the next four years.
    I think the drone strikes are far preferable to the alternatives and cause less collateral damage than those alternatives, I was just correcting someone who though that drone strikes and missile strikes were different things

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I imagine most presidents would be happy to be compared to Polk.
    I really don't think that most wouldd find being compared to a war-mongering murderous thug pleasing,

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    but all the mudslinging and general nastiness aside

voter tampering, of any kind, from either side is unconcsionable

If a candidate I don't like wins, fine...as long as the voting process is fair and not tampered with in any way

we're a country built on voting, on electing our officials instead of letting "God" or bloodline dicate that

I can not understand anyone who thinks tampering is somehow "what's best"...and I have heard this POV quite a bit from a few of our uninformed fellow humans
    QFT

A person who disagrees is a person who doesn't deserve the franchise in the first place.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

I voted earlier today and there was a huge turnout at my polling place. Enthusiasm was big than and will only get bigger in a few hours.

EDIT:

Here is a link which talks about the enthusiasm on display today around the country.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121106/DA2CNMGO1.html
    Last edited by Mister Ferro; 11-06-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what the terms "asinine" or "straw man" mean.
    Or "destroy".
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    Before that gets too much into the conspiracy theory territory, I'm betting it's just a glitch. Could have happened either way. The reason I say that is WHY in god's name would you "fix" a voting machine to FULLY DISPLAY your voting fraud?

By the way, that is the kind of machine I vote on and for every button you push, a printout ON PAPER mirrors the selection made. So you can double-check the selection as you go.
    The machine I vote on doesn't have a paper printout, but it does have a review screen at the end that identifies all of the individual candidates you just selected. And it gives you the option of going back in case you need to make a change or correction.

The video disappointed me because the cameraperson apparently didn't think to conduct ANY sort of control experiment on the screen. What happened if you touched a slightly different area (preferably, slightly lower) of the Obama box? Was the Obama box impossible to select? What happened if you tried to select Romney, or Stein, or Johnson? Was this same glitch repeated for the top two candidates of any other races?

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    The machine I vote on doesn't have a paper printout, but it does have a review screen at the end that identifies all of the individual candidates you just selected. And it gives you the option of going back in case you need to make a change or correction.

The video disappointed me because the cameraperson apparently didn't think to conduct ANY sort of control experiment on the screen. What happened if you touched a slightly different area (preferably, slightly lower) of the Obama box? Was the Obama box impossible to select? What happened if you tried to select Romney, or Stein, or Johnson? Was this same glitch repeated for the top two candidates of any other races?
    It made me feel they were tying to create the impression of voter fraud when there wasnt.