Page 693 of 822 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Has he actually said he would outlaw abortion?
    Depends what day it is, doesn't it?

I wasn't even talking about abortion rights, necessarily. What about garbage like, "Planned Parenthood? Yeah, we'll get rid of that." Anybody stupid enough to think that getting rid of Planned Parenthood would somehow result in fewer abortions shouldn't even be allowed near a voting booth, much less the White House.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 11-04-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Yes, but he also said he wouldn't. All depends on which crowd he's speaking to
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    There are too many women out there who believe that not only should they not have the right to make their own decisions, but that no other woman should either.
    I'm blown away that Ann Coulture can actually say that she thinks women having the right to vote should be repealed, and no one really ever even addresses that when she spews her other bullshit.

That's because most know Ann Coulter is nothing but a media whore that will say anything as long as it keeps her name known to the public. She has no credibility, even with the gullible Republican base (shocking, I know!). Best to just not give her the attention.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

He has said he would reintroduce the global gag rule which would deny millions of women in the developing world access to not just abortion but contraception.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    He has said he would reintroduce the global gag rule which would deny millions of women in the developing world access to not just abortion but contraception.
    lets not forget the inevitable rape panels, to determine forcible rape and incest

Quote Originally Posted by Tar22 View Post
    Not exactly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_and_Mormonism

"In 1954, Church President David O. McKay taught: 'There is not now, and there never has been a doctrine in this church that the negroes are under a divine curse. There is no doctrine in the church of any kind pertaining to the negro. We believe that we have a scriptural precedent for withholding the priesthood from the negro. It is a practice, not a doctrine, and the practice someday will be changed. And that's all there is to it.’"
    Alma 3:6 ". . . skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion. . ."

Mormon 5:15 (Prophecy about Lamanites) ". . .shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us . . ."

Moses 7:22 ". . . for the seed of Cain were black and had not place among them."

Abraham 1:21 ". . . king of Egypt [Pharaoh] was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth."

Abraham 1:27 ". . . Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood . .

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    but it was not. if you were born black it meant you sinned pre-birth and had to wait until resurrection to correct your error of sin and be born white and wholesome.
    And the negroes made the choice to be born into the world to do penance for their sins - so whatever whites do to them, they invited.

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Nate Silver's makes it look like Obama can win without Ohio at this point, but I'm not convinced that Obama will be winning Colorado and Virginia. Take those two states and Ohio out of the picture, and Obama has 263 electoral votes while Romney has 257. Will the race be called based on those totals? Or will we all need to wait until Ohio is counted because it has enough votes to swing the outcome? And will the Supreme Court intercede again, making their 9 votes more important than those of all the voters?
    You mean if Romney does indeed win both Colorado and Virginia? Without any of that trio being counted, isn't it 263-235 Obama assuming everything else goes as figured?

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tar22 View Post
    That "Black people were hated by God." I felt that was an exaggeration of the actual Mormon doctrine.
    I'd like to point out that the poster you felt you had to "correct" on Mormonism was born into a Mormon family.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    US politics confound me. How can Obama and Romney be neck and neck in the polls when the electorate includes women, non-whites and non-rich people?
    Well, a lot of women, non-whites, and non-rich people don't like those other women, non-whites, and non-rich people. (Also, those evil, evil poofs and their poofness, that's always a good vote-winner) It's not just America, screeds about the hordes of welfare cheats is a common theme in tabloids aimed at the working class here.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Well that, and the only reason they even changed it at all was because they would have lost their tax exempt status because of that doctrine.

So apparently $$$ > "God's word"
    Oh, is that what did it? Lovely.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Nate Silver's final update details.

As of 11:29PM, ET of 11/5:

Overall, Obama now given an 92.0% winning chance. He's predicted to win 50.9% of the overall popular vote, to Romney's 48.1%. He estimates that Obama will win with roughly 315 electoral votes. In individual swing states:

• Ohio: 91.8% Obama chance of victory
    • Coloroado: 81.8% Obama chance of victory
    • Iowa: 86.0% Obama chance of victory
    • Virginia: 81.4% Obama chance of victory
    • Nevada: 94.4% Obama chance of victory
    • New Hampshire: 86.2% Obama chance of victory
    • Wisconsin: 97.2% Obama chance of victory
    • Michigan: 99.5% Obama chance of victory
    • Pennsylvania: 98.8% Obama chance of victory
    • Florida: 53.1% Obama chance of victory
    • North Carolina: 72.5% Romney chance of victory

It seems tomorrow night I will be a happy drunk, instead of a sad drunk.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-06-2012 at 12:59 AM.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    He can protest all he wants. They were teaching exactly that in church and seminary as late as the mid-70s.
    What Slam said.

I know this is what was taught because my dad and his folks are Mormon and they told me so. My dad also believes in Native Americans as the lost tribe of Israel and how all the ones that are alive are the descendants of the bad ones(Nephites or something; it's been a while). Keep in mind my mother(who is not Mormon and believes none of it) worked for Native American Health Services in Gallup, NM for over a year and my dad came along. My dad spent time on the Navaho Res, made multiple friends there, was as immersed in the culture as someone can be, and was not once moved to change his views.

There are aspects of the Mormon faith that have merit. Their views on people that aren't white males are not among them.
    Last edited by Jared H.; 11-05-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I'd like to point out that the poster you felt you had to "correct" on Mormonism was born into a Mormon family.
    Well, sorta. As I said, my dad Is Mormon, as is pretty much everyone on his side of the family. My mother is not and rather dislikes the faith.

I attended church and sunday school for many years and was also Baptised Mormon(only kid who was; my mom pulled us out before either my sister or brother had reached the age of accountability). I may even still be in their records.

We also had constant visits from Church Elders over the years after we left the faith(and man did my mom and us kids HATE that. They were so damn pushy).

When I was 19, I also tried and re-establish a good relationship with my dad, which meant attending church services for a number of months.

So yeah, I didn't embody the average Mormon household, but I've had A LOT of exposure to the church and it's teachings.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    I attended church and sunday school for many years and was also Baptised Mormon(only kid who was; my mom pulled us out before either my sister or brother had reached the age of accountability). I may even still be in their records.
    And if not, they'll soon take care of that once you're gone.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P