Page 690 of 822 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    No, there's also the type where you get to wear magic underpants.

Imagine for a second that Mitt Romney was a member of a Baptist church and that Obama was a member of a church that was founded by a horse thief and embezzler who taught that God lives on the planet Kolob; that Adam was God incarnated as a human, that Jesus and Satan are brothers; that hell doesn't exist and neither does the trinity and that you can be redeemed even after death by human intercession.
    I don't care what Romney's religion is. As long as a candidate isn't forcing his/her religious beliefs on others, I don't think it should be an issue. There are lots of reasons I think Romney would be an awful president, but his Mormonism is not one of them.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Okay, now Christians shouldn't vote for Obama because he's not anti-choice enough, nor does he discriminate against his fellow human beings who are gay. Why, he's practically Satan incarnate!
    Today, Catholic Bishop Richard Malone went one further. Voting for Obama means someone is not Catholic. Which means, you know, they're going to hell. Powerful weapon, that.

"A Catholic whose conscience has been properly formed by scripture and Church teaching cannot justify a vote for a candidate or referendum question that opposes the teachings of the Church. The definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, open to the birth of children, is a matter of established Catholic doctrine. Any Catholic who supports a redefinition of marriage—or so called “same-sex marriage”—is unfaithful to Catholic doctrine. The group calling itself ‘Catholics for Marriage Equality’ does not speak for the Catholic Church, any more than does ‘Catholics for a Free Choice’, another dissident group that promotes so-called ‘abortion rights’. Faithful Catholics will give no credence to either."

(This is, of course, not a new position. They just tend to keep it quiet until near election day.)

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I don't care what Romney's religion is. As long as a candidate isn't forcing his/her religious beliefs on others, I don't think it should be an issue.
    You don't think restricting a woman's right to make her own reproductive choices, or being against marriage equality for same-sex couples, is forcing one's religious beliefs on others?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Algren View Post
    Today, Catholic Bishop Richard Malone went one further. Voting for Obama means someone is not Catholic. Which means, you know, they're going to hell. Powerful weapon, that.

"A Catholic whose conscience has been properly formed by scripture and Church teaching cannot justify a vote for a candidate or referendum question that opposes the teachings of the Church. The definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, open to the birth of children, is a matter of established Catholic doctrine. Any Catholic who supports a redefinition of marriage—or so called “same-sex marriage”—is unfaithful to Catholic doctrine. The group calling itself ‘Catholics for Marriage Equality’ does not speak for the Catholic Church, any more than does ‘Catholics for a Free Choice’, another dissident group that promotes so-called ‘abortion rights’. Faithful Catholics will give no credence to either."

(This is, of course, not a new position. They just tend to keep it quiet until near election day.)
    So you're not a proper Catholic unless you vote to impose the Catholic Church's view of marriage on all citizens, whether or not they're Catholic themselves?

Got it.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I don't care what Romney's religion is. As long as a candidate isn't forcing his/her religious beliefs on others, I don't think it should be an issue. There are lots of reasons I think Romney would be an awful president, but his Mormonism is not one of them.
    A. Tell that to the people trying to make Obama's relgion an issue.

B. Telling gays they can't marry because it's contrary to the Bible is absolutely forcing your religous views on others.

C. I find the Church of Latter Day Saints no more and no less absurd than any other religion (well almost all, I have a soft spot for Baha'i). But what I find really absurd is people saying "Vote for Romney rather than Obama because Romney's the real Christian."
    Last edited by Iangould; 11-04-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight
    VERY tight range in today's national polls: TIE, TIE, Obama +1 , Obama +1, Obama +1, Obama +1, O +2, O +3, O +3, O +3.2.

It looks like the national polls are finally coming in sync with the state polls.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah, because everybody knows the current Republican party are just oozing with Christ's love.

Fuck it, I've got the time, I'll watch the rest. Let's see, Kira has just said that, because there are so many children being born outside of marriage, people shouldn't vote Democrat. Hrm.

The Democrats are further away from Christian values than the Republicans. I'd like to hear some examples of how current Republican policies reflect the teachings of Christ, but none seem to be forthcoming so far.

Okay, now you shouldn't vote Democrat because their party platform doesn't spcifically mention God.

"Where Romney is coming from is still closer to Christianity than where Obama is coming from as a Christian..." Yeah, because Jesus was all about tax cuts for the rich and leaving poor people to fend for themselves.

"A 'self-proclaimed' (finger quotes) Christian..." Isn't that the only kind there is?

Okay, now Christians shouldn't vote for Obama because he's not anti-choice enough, nor does he discriminate against his fellow human beings who are gay. Why, he's practically Satan incarnate!

"What has the Repulbican party done that's racist?"

Okay, I think that'll do me.
    As long as he's against marriage equality and taxing the rich, and in favor of restricting a woman's right to make her own reproductive choices, that's all that matters!

Apparently.
    A. Tell that to the people trying to make Obama's relgion an issue.

B. Telling gays they can't marry because it's contrary to the Bible is absolutely forcing your religous views on others.

C. I find the Church of Latter Day Saints no more and no less absurd than any other religion (well almost all, I have a soft spot for Baha'i). But what I find really absurd is people saying "Vote for Romney rather than Obama because Romney's the real Christian."
    There are ads on facebook people have liked where (I posted weeks ago) where the picture is "Lets Put God back in the White House". Which as I told 2 of the people who do post that nonsense , well ...if you believe in a Christian President ...he's already there. Its like the ultimate horror show for them to realize that Romney is a Mormon. Some themselves don't even realize it .

Another funny aspect was a debate weeks ago with the guy who went insane and deleted his FB account. I had basically at one point brought up that Obama wasn't a Muslim and that he was a Christian. So he claims he wasn't . That he's no Christian. Which I always heard , wasn't it a bible thing where your not supposed to call others of your faith out for not being christian enough ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight
    VERY tight range in today's national polls: TIE, TIE, Obama +1 , Obama +1, Obama +1, Obama +1, O +2, O +3, O +3, O +3.2.

It looks like the national polls are finally coming in sync with the state polls.
    Didn't Silver give Obama a 80+% chance of winning Tuesday ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Mainly because Obama wins with Ohio (barring some very unlikely upsets) and he's leading there. He gives a 5.7% chance that Romney wins the popular vote, but loses the electoral.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

These polls are national popular. Chance of winning is based on state-by-state electoral. (Today it's 85.1%)

a church that was founded by a horse thief and embezzler who taught that God lives on the planet Kolob; that Adam was God incarnated as a human, that Jesus and Satan are brothers; that hell doesn't exist and neither does the trinity and that you can be redeemed even after death by human intercession.
    Mormonism is a lot more awesome-sounding than I thought!

There are ads on facebook people have liked where (I posted weeks ago) where the picture is "Lets Put God back in the White House". Which as I told 2 of the people who do post that nonsense , well ...if you believe in a Christian President ...he's already there. Its like the ultimate horror show for them to realize that Romney is a Mormon. Some themselves don't even realize it .

The only thing sillier than "LET'S GOD BACK INTO THE PLACE WHERE A BAPTIST IS", is people on the right freaking out that Romney is a Mormon and having to find a way to make it palatable. I wonder what they'll do if a Jew runs for the candidacy?
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Mormonism is a lot more awesome-sounding than I thought!

The only thing sillier than "LET'S GOD BACK INTO THE PLACE WHERE A BAPTIST IS", is people on the right freaking out that Romney is a Mormon and having to find a way to make it palatable. I wonder what they'll do if a Jew runs for the candidacy?
    Its the same crazy that Kennedy himself encountered decades ago. He was a Catholic and people debated that and him being President. Kennedy basically gave a speech that anyone religious background and beliefs shouldn't stop them from doing the job as President. This same speech years later was part of a Rick Santorum attack which made even Jon Stewart do a WTF ..

Good grief, he's snapped. According to somebody who's there, Romney staffers are preventing people from leaving his rally.

Good grief, he's snapped. According to somebody who's there, Romney staffers are preventing people from leaving his rally.
    Hey its one way to make people vote for you...make them stay at a rally til they agree to vote for your candidate and can't leave !

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life