Page 689 of 822 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    It's worse here. If there isn't a controversy that holds up the election results (which I think is pretty unlikely), I'm hoping for a break until after Christmas - at which time, potential candidates will start positioning themselves for 2016.
    I don't think so for Christy. Complimenting Obama isn't going to help him at all in the primaries. You're probably right on Paul Ryan, but he can also double it up as part of his job, in this case, campaigning for Romney. But I think that it'll quiet down a lot after the election since they won't have as much of an excuse to directly talk trash about each other (both Democrats and Republicans). It'll be interesting to see what the lame duck Congress does, especially with the fiscal cliff coming up. It's part of why I'm hoping that the Dems have gains in the House, Senate and keep the presidency; it'll discourage the idea that gridlock is helping them out.

Christie's got re-election next year to worry about before he even thinks about a Presidential run.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    It's a third-party debate, so you can vote for one of those people or you can stay home, same result.
    Why are they bothering to run presidential candidates when the major third parties have only one federal/state government seat between them (a Libertarian in Rhode Island's state govt)?
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post

While surfing the net, I came across this video. I dont really know what to think about it so I thought I'd share it to see what you all think.
    I only watched the first minute but American politics is absolutely sodden with "faith".
    Last edited by Iangould; 11-04-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Nate Silver has a summry of the weekend polling in the swing states.

Four polls in Ohio all show Obama ahead.

The best results for Romney are in Florida (2 polls 1 tie; 1 Romney up 1) and Colorado (1 poll romney up by 2).

Otherwise: Pa.; Wisconson, Michigan, Iowa are all firming up for Obama.

If you know any Republicans who'll give you even odds on Romney winning, take the bet.

Obama and the Democrats are antithetical to Christianity? Damn, Alfonzo Rachel must be a highly rated theologian to be able to determine that.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    A guy that sets people on fire whenever he gets bored would certainly discourage filibusters.
    Yeah, but the "real Kane" is laid-back and not at all like the psycho-executive personality type as Linda McMahon is drawn to be by the information posted on this thread.

The Telegraph (!) reports that the Romney camp seems to be preparing thmelves ror a loss on tuesday.

Mind you that's in a blog from a guy who describes himself as "tribal" in his attachment to the Brtish Labor Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    I only watched the first minute but American politics is absolutely sodden with "faith".
    I also watched only the first minute, but is their premise that, in the most god-crazy country in the western world, politics isn't being driven enough by religion?

Seriously?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

My guess was that it was two black Republicans apealing to other blacks to vote Republican because Obama does't think fags sould be stoned to death like it says in the Bible.

My guess was that it was two black Republicans apealing to other blacks to vote Republican because Obama does't think fags sould be stoned to death like it says in the Bible.
    Yeah, because everybody knows the current Republican party are just oozing with Christ's love.

Fuck it, I've got the time, I'll watch the rest. Let's see, Kira has just said that, because there are so many children being born outside of marriage, people shouldn't vote Democrat. Hrm.

The Democrats are further away from Christian values than the Republicans. I'd like to hear some examples of how current Republican policies reflect the teachings of Christ, but none seem to be forthcoming so far.

Okay, now you shouldn't vote Democrat because their party platform doesn't spcifically mention God.

"Where Romney is coming from is still closer to Christianity than where Obama is coming from as a Christian..." Yeah, because Jesus was all about tax cuts for the rich and leaving poor people to fend for themselves.

"A 'self-proclaimed' (finger quotes) Christian..." Isn't that the only kind there is?

Okay, now Christians shouldn't vote for Obama because he's not anti-choice enough, nor does he discriminate against his fellow human beings who are gay. Why, he's practically Satan incarnate!

"What has the Republican party done that's racist?"

Okay, I think that'll do me.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 11-04-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post

"A 'self-proclaimed' (finger quotes) Christian..." Isn't that the only kind there is?
    No, there's also the type where you get to wear magic underpants.

Imagine for a second that Mitt Romney was a member of a Baptist church and that Obama was a member of a church that was founded by a horse thief and embezzler who taught that God lives on the planet Kolob; that Adam was God incarnated as a human, that Jesus and Satan are brothers; that hell doesn't exist and neither does the trinity and that you can be redeemed even after death by human intercession.
    Last edited by Iangould; 11-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.

No, there's also the type where you get to wear magic underpants.

Imagine for a second that Mitt Romney was a member of a Baptist church and that Obama was a member of a church that was founded by a horse thief and embezzler who taught that God lives on the planet Kolob; that Adam was God incarnated as a human, that Jesus and Satan are brothers; that hell doesn't exist and that you can be redeemed even after death by human intercession.
    As long as he's against marriage equality and taxing the rich, and in favor of restricting a woman's right to make her own reproductive choices, that's all that matters!

Apparently.

Speaking of women, The globe and mail ran a story asking 5 american women who they would vote for. 2 for obama, 2 for Romney and one for neither.

It bothered me for some reason that 4 of the 5 women were white with only one minority asked ( a black woman)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!