Page 327 of 822 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 12317

Quote Originally Posted by LtMarvel View Post
    I'm not enthused either. However, I'm less enthused about living stuff like this behind.
    I don't hink we can fix that< they just have to figure out what century they want to live in, Troops can't fix cultural problems and those we save might be less than those we have to kill to do so.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    We already have.

You might also want to take note of Afghan history for the better part of a century prior to the Russian invasion.
    Nealy constant tribal feuding, supervised by a government that only left Kabul to collect taxes?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Nealy constant tribal feuding, supervised by a government that only left Kabul to collect taxes?
    Where did you hear that?

I somehow doubt that it would have been a major tourist destination (on the overland route from Europe to India) if that were the case.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

EDIT: Never mind, should have kept reading. Invisible Coke to Jeff.
    Last edited by Paradox; 05-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Obama comes out and calls the Koch brothers Romney ad 'BS'. And sets the record straight on their outright lies.

They need to do MORE of this. Don't let them frame the narrative, and outright call them liars when they lie.

Speaking of the US elections and government as a whole, I found an article about the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget's online budget simulator and I've been playing with it.

It's an interesting exercise in balancing the budget and fascinating to see what it actually does. Also, I think it's a good reality check on just how little the impact of some cuts would be on solving the problem. Currently I've gotten to 60% of GDP by 2023 with a combination of cuts and increases and I'm still not happy with the impact and some of the choices. Also the writeups for this Canadian on each of the measures, I found to be very well done and useful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    that assumes that we can seriously affect the stability of Afghanistan in the long term, I doubt we can.
    The one on one interview say they need severe help..... I say we won't leave until 2020. no earlier than that.... Culturally speaking it's to the afghan society to change , and that is very unlikey to happen.
    Last edited by Cavemold; 05-03-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Shep Smith is so wasted at Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Obama comes out and calls the Koch brothers Romney ad 'BS'. And sets the record straight on their outright lies.

They need to do MORE of this. Don't let them frame the narrative, and outright call them liars when they lie.
    Honestly, I think it's way, way, way too late in the game to be starting to do this. They should have done stuff like this three years or more ago.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

Mitt calling a defeated candidate a friend is not that important. Most defeated candidate join the nominee to help win the election. Hillary Clinton supported Obama when obama won the nominee.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Mitt calling a defeated candidate a friend is not that important. Most defeated candidate join the nominee to help win the election. Hillary Clinton supported Obama when obama won the nominee.
    Because he opted to give her the job of Secretary of State to get her support, you realize.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Because he opted to give her the job of Secretary of State to get her support, you realize.
    Whos to say mitt wouldn't give newt a job? Plus it's pretty to see defeated candidate support the nominee .

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Honestly, I think it's way, way, way too late in the game to be starting to do this. They should have done stuff like this three years or more ago.
    No, it's a reply to a current campaign ad by the Koch brothers for Mitt Romney.
    It's not at all too late.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Whos to say mitt wouldn't give newt a job? Plus it's pretty to see defeated candidate support the nominee .
    Because Newt is poison politically. He has a higher negative favorability rating than any candidate, in any election in recent memory. He makes Nixon look beloved. That might not the guy you want to buddy up with and give a cabinet position to. Especially because, y'know, Newt will shoot his mouth off to "promote" you with moon base ideas, and be convinced he's helping.

Ask Bob Dole about that sort of thing. He's gone on record for his belief that his close working relationship with Newt, and Newt coming out to campaign for him in '96 was a big factor in him losing it then.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -