Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

actually,i think Spectre would be best for a vertigo series. Swamp thing Cameo doesn't count.

Who is Donna Troy?

;)
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Who is Donna Troy?

;)
    She's a Wonder Woman's sister until the new 52 came now she doesn't exist and a few fanboys aren't happy, so I started this topic because I'm not a big fan of how the 52 just decided to bench characters.
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

Quote Originally Posted by Red Winter View Post
    She's a Wonder Woman's sister until the new 52 came now she doesn't exist and a few fanboys aren't happy, so I started this topic because I'm not a big fan of how the 52 just decided to bench characters.
    I was alluding to her various origins and retcons over the years:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

I would like Donna Troy to have a series in Vertigo because the DCU's new 52 would give her another origin that would screw up the character even more instead of just writing stories of her present & future.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy Sr View Post
    I would like Donna Troy to have a series in Vertigo because the DCU's new 52 would give her another origin that would screw up the character even more instead of just writing stories of her present & future.
    You may not be aware of other Vertigo series like The Losers, The Creeper, Sandman, Black Orchid and more.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    There is really no such thing as a "vertigo setting".

Anyway, if it's a DC-owned property, and it's not Hellblazer, it's no longer welcome at Vertigo.
    Sadly this :(

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Sadly this :(
    Why sadly? There's no functional difference between Animal Man at Vertigo and Animal Man in the new 52.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

The only exception is Hellblazer, but pretty much yeah. Besides, it would be kind of pointless. You might as well find a way to integrate her with Azz's book, which is a lot more plausible (given that Wonder Woman has a family of demigods now).

Why sadly? There's no functional difference between Animal Man at Vertigo and Animal Man in the new 52.
    Because now I won't get Shade and Human Target books written by Milligan from Vertigo (where he excels) anymore ;/
    BB

Because now I won't get Shade and Human Target books written by Milligan from Vertigo (where he excels) anymore ;/
    You weren't going to ever get those anyway...

Meanwhile, in the New 52, you did get some Milligan-Shade... What are you complaining about? It's just a label on the book.

You weren't going to ever get those anyway...

Meanwhile, in the New 52, you did get some Milligan-Shade... What are you complaining about? It's just a label on the book.
    Fine, other characters that Milligan could have written them better than the previous writers :p

Both of them left JLD after eight issues :/, besides Milligan works better with Vertigo since he isn't as restricted as he is with DC.
    BB

Fine, other characters that Milligan could have written them better than the previous writers :p

Both of them left JLD after eight issues :/, besides Milligan works better with Vertigo since he isn't as restricted as he is with DC.
    Whether that is or isn't true is very much up for debate when working on corporate properties, even for Vertigo.

other characters that Milligan could have written them better than the previous writers
    I have thought about it for a while, ried to parse the structure of the sentence, but I have no clue what you are trying to say here.

I have thought about it for a while, ried to parse the structure of the sentence, but I have no clue what you are trying to say here.
    There was a typo on my part. My bad.
    Was just referring to characters such as Human Target and Shade, that Milligan had written better than the previous writers before him.
    With the whole "no DCU in characters in Vertigo" thing, we won't see Milligan or anyone else write C/D-list characters with their own ongoings for Vertigo and definitly not for the current DC where the sales matter so much.
    BB

BANNED

As someone who likes Milligan's work, especially Shade and Human Target, I would much rather he do an original, creator owned book.

Though it would be nice to see Shade or Chance make an appearance in Stormwatch or whatnot.