Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    On the other hand, I'm all in favor of John Constantine banging Donna Troy in a crossover with Hellblazer. We already know she likes older dudes.
    see now we are going somewhere
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

SUPER MITTEN!

yeah. let's turn a great character into a meat sack like Catwoman. :S

sex. the ever lovin' thread killer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    You couldn't actually do that series without the permission of all the creators involved in their creator-owned titles. I see no reason why any of them would actually want to go along with a series like that.

On the other hand, I'm all in favor of John Constantine banging Donna Troy in a crossover with Hellblazer. We already know she likes older dudes.
    Thinking of crossovers. Can the Hellblazer book have any of the DCU chars, be in a story line in the Vertigo side of things? I mean, right now John Constantine stars in a DCU book already. I see no reason why the DCU chars cant be quest starts in the Hellblazer book too
    Last edited by Melfice; 05-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melfice View Post
    Thinking of crossovers. Can the Hellblazer book have any of the DCU chars, be in a story line in the Vertigo side of things? I mean, right now John Constantine starts in a DCU book already. I see no reason why the DCU chars cant be quest starts in the Hellblazer book too
    I don't know for sure, but from what Karen Berger has said about Vertigo as a creator-owned imprint, I'm going to say no unless it's characters who have been traditionally associated with John like the Phantom Stranger and Swamp Thing. Obviously, Hellblazer is not creator-owned, but I think they'd like to keep the image of the older JC in HB separate from the superhero line. Shade was probably an exception because he's so associated with Milligan and hadn't been seen in over a decade.

If Donna ever comes back into the new DCU I think she would do well in Stormwatch. That team is connected, yet set apart from the rest of the DCU. I was hoping that she would be a member when the book was first introduced. It was said that there would be some familiar faces from the DCU joining, but I think Martian Manhunter is the only one.

Donna Troy showing up in Hellblazer is another astonishingly bad idea. Pretty much any DCU character showing up in Hellblazer other than Swamp Thing, Phantom Stranger, Zantanna or maybe Jason Blood is a terrible idea.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Donna Troy showing up in Hellblazer is another astonishingly bad idea. Pretty much any DCU character showing up in Hellblazer other than Swamp Thing, Phantom Stranger, Zantanna or maybe Jason Blood is a terrible idea.
    Why? If you think about Donna Troy has fought with gods,she was at one point a member of the Darkstars as a space hero before that she was a member of the Titans, then for fun she searched the multiverse for Ray Palmer and then she joined the JLA. Now I don't know about her actually traveling to other books in Vertigo but I think her own book with her as a freelance photographer would be great.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

What do any of those things have to do with Vertigo? What Vertigo comics have you read? Do you read Hellblazer? This is such a bizarre idea, I don't get where it's coming from.
    Army of Crime

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy Sr View Post
    Why? If you think about Donna Troy has fought with gods,she was at one point a member of the Darkstars as a space hero before that she was a member of the Titans, then for fun she searched the multiverse for Ray Palmer and then she joined the JLA.
    These are all very excellent reasons why Donna Troy showing up in Hellblazer is an astonishingly bad idea.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Wally West meets John Constantine? Ooh, I know Wonder Woman vs. American Vampire!
    Army of Crime

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

I've said this before on this thread
    leave the superhero stuff in the DC universe

there is no Vertigo universe. no crossovers. these are creators telling stories not trying to create an universe with convoluted continuity
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Arboria in the Summer Tombstone in the Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Red Winter View Post
    4)Fury appeared in Sandman and she's not as interesting as Donna
    Ever since I saw the Kindly Ones I thought that Donna Troy,would be perfect for a Vertigo series. I liked her in Darkstars (she made the book),she was great in the Titans and the League plus she has traveled the multiverse. She should be in a Vertigo book, Donna has hung out with Gods,aliens,demons,vampyres,and angels not to mention Superheroes and with what she said at the end of Justice League of America where she says she wants people to forget she exist that practically said "Give me a Vertigo title" imo. I would like to see Donna Troy in Vertigo instead of the new 52 where she can be the Donna Troy we all know with the messed up origin that has so many twist & turns that Vertigo is the only home for her.
    The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.
    Bring Back MI:13 & Marvel UK permanently

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Special thanks to DC for giving her the messed up origins. Donna has all the knowledge of every version of her from the multiverse so she has dealt with the supernatural,aliens,and the superhuman along with all tragedy in her life plus the fact that she doesn't want to be a superhero actually, I think she is the definition of a Vertigo character in spades.
    All a good writer has to do is acknowledge her past but focus on new adventures instead of making her DC's version of Jean Grey try to make a better Donna Troy with tones of Marvel's Alias but the only difference Donna Troy would have a real past unlike Jessica Jones
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

I would like that to happen very much OP
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Still no. Always no. Forever no.
    Army of Crime