Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Default Donna Troy: Perfect for Vertigo

I have been thinking about this for all the Donna Troy fans out there(my girl included) that the best place for Donna Troy is Vertigo for various reason for example:
    1)DC has not gotten her character right in ages

2)Vertigo does not rely on continuity as much as DC

3)In Vertigo,the writer would have alot more freedom with the Donna than in DC

4)Fury appeared in Sandman and she's not as interesting as Donna

5)Out of all the original Titans she could carry a whole series by her self.
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

Quote Originally Posted by Red Winter View Post
    More so than Wally West and Dick Grayson who have already both had long lasting solo series?

4)Fury appeared in Sandman and she's not as interesting as Donna.
    Because her character connections (the wife of the former Sandman and the mother of his child) made her easy to slide in. That she was obscure and been in limbo for years also helped

Errr...Dick Grayson and Wally West beat her to that punch, bro.

The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Because her character connections (the wife of the former Sandman and the mother of his child) made her easy to slide in. That she was obscure and been in limbo for years also helped

Errr...Dick Grayson and Wally West beat her to that punch, bro.
    I know Wally & Dick did great jobs on their series but I think Donna would be great in Vertigo because she knows all the versions of herself in the multiverse and a really good writer could work with the character well.
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

I have been thinking about this for all the Donna Troy fans out there(my girl included) that the best place for Donna Troy is Vertigo for various reason for example...
    A few years ago, perhaps. But right now all DCU characters have left the Vertigo imprint. There is no place for any DCU character there now.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I think Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld or Travis Morgan (Warlord) could definitely work in a Vertigo setting, seeing as anything with the DC Bullet (Peel?) that isn't capes quickly gets drowned out.
    Who wants to save the world? That's what misers do...

Quote Originally Posted by theloupgaroukid View Post
    I think Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld or Travis Morgan (Warlord) could definitely work in a Vertigo setting, seeing as anything with the DC Bullet (Peel?) that isn't capes quickly gets drowned out.
    There is really no such thing as a "vertigo setting".

Anyway, if it's a DC-owned property, and it's not Hellblazer, it's no longer welcome at Vertigo.
    Last edited by carabas; 04-25-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Donna's last words in JLOA were that she wanted people to forget she existed, so send her to Vertigo as a non costume adventuress that travels from place to place, let her meet characters from Vertigo. She could have an incredible adventure that crosses over every where from DMZ to Fables to even Vamps better yet, new adventures since her origin is so multidimensional she could anywhere at any time.
    Last edited by Superboy Sr; 08-19-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

She'd be really great for a dark book, but I think she needs a Wonder Woman connection. Let's have her join JLD. : D

Fury is as, if not more, interesting than Donna.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

let DC characters stay in the DCU no need for a Vertigo imprint for one character thats going to be bogged down by editors if she gets into the universe plus
    tradeback
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Donna was a very warm and caring person. To put her in a Vertigo comic now, you would need to tear her away from all of her friends, which wouldn't make sense for her as a character. Admittedly, she is already missing from the DCnU, but most of the people in her life are still there. I doubt that we will see her again until the next Crisis or reboot.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

SUPER MITTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by theloupgaroukid View Post
    Amethyst.. and/or Donna Troy.

regardless of 'imprint' or company. Need to come back.

I'd love to see an Amethyst cartoon ala She-Ra for a new generation of young children. Donna might even make a good web-series!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy Sr View Post
    Donna's last words in JLOA were that she wanted people to forget she existed, so send her to Vertigo as a non costume adventuress that travels from place to place, let her meet characters from Vertigo. She could have an incredible adventure that crosses over every where from DMZ to Fables to even Vamps better yet, new adventuressince her origin is so multidimensional she could anywhere at any time.
    Wow, that's the worst idea ever.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Donna's last words in JLOA were that she wanted people to forget she existed, so send her to Vertigo as a non costume adventuress that travels from place to place, let her meet characters from Vertigo. She could have an incredible adventure that crosses over every where from DMZ to Fables to even Vamps better yet, new adventuressince her origin is so multidimensional she could anywhere at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Wow, that's the worst idea ever.
    I am in agreement with this...
    god Donna hopping in the unwritten would literally make my brain implode due to fanboyism
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

You couldn't actually do that series without the permission of all the creators involved in their creator-owned titles. I see no reason why any of them would actually want to go along with a series like that.

On the other hand, I'm all in favor of John Constantine banging Donna Troy in a crossover with Hellblazer. We already know she likes older dudes.