Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 1138
  1. #526
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    The writers said they wanted the show to be a partial deconstruction as well and they plan on actually showing the consequences of the repeated violence Bruce experiences. So they just seem to be going for less of an invincible Bat-God take this time around.

  2. #527

    Default

    Remember the key with the letter A in Ravencroft's office?

    I suspect Bethany Ravencroft is a member of A.R.G.U.S. and that Brue will be dealing with both.

    I liked Magpie and enjoy this current incarnation. I wonder who's the next villain-of-the-week?

  3. #528
    Chirpy And Cheerful Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I've never read any comics with Magpie. Did she always dress so stripperific? The gratuitous butt shots are one of my only complaints about this episode. *sigh* DC and their female villains sometimes *shrugs*
    It's one of those things that would bother me a lot more if there hadn't been so many normally dressed women in the episode. Barbara, Tatsu, Ravencroft, Cassie.... I can forgive it as A Magpie Thing when it isn't presented as a Women In This Show thing.


    But yes, that was really good. Genuinely disturbing in places, and Magpie has the makings of a great recurring villain. We're maybe not talking Harley Quinn yet, but there's real potential there. She has all the "hooks" and potentials of a Classic.

  4. #529
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    I watched the first episode of Beware the Batman. Wasn't impressed. Batman's face looked a bit effeminate in some scenes (which was a big surprise). The animation doesn't really impress nearly as much as it did compared to the animation in Green Lantern. Same with the butler, the new version is terrible. Overall C for the debut episode.
    It looks exactly the same as the animation in Green Lantern to me, the only difference seems to be the color pallet.

  5. #530
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Remember the key with the letter A in Ravencroft's office?

    I suspect Bethany Ravencroft is a member of A.R.G.U.S. and that Brue will be dealing with both.

    I liked Magpie and enjoy this current incarnation. I wonder who's the next villain-of-the-week?
    As I understand it, Anarky(Bats arch nemesis for the show) is next

  6. #531

    Default

    You know I was reading where Humpty Dumpty is taking over as The Riddler, in that he will give riddles or clues to his crimes, which is okay, but I always thought Cluemaster would be great for this. I know they are bringing new villains who haven't been used much and I like that, but I hope they could bring in Cluemaster at some point and reinvent him for the show. he would be good for this show. Can't wait to see Anarky next week.

  7. #532
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,873

    Default

    I've always disliked Anarky so I'm hoping that their take on him will be like their version of Magpie.

    After I got over my initial reaction of "Holy silicone Batman, look at those giant flotation devices!" I actually really enjoyed Magpie, she felt legitimately dangerous and yet she wasn't without her humor or sympathy either. I think that was the first complex characterization she's ever received and I'm really pulling for them to do the same with Anarky.

  8. #533

    Default

    *The episode screened at the panel is "Broken" and has Humpty Dumpty. He's supposed to be creepy in it. Tobias Whale and Barbara Gordon also show up.

    *Adam Baldwin will voice Metamorpho.

    *There's a League of Assassins subplot running throughout the first season.

    *Something near the end of the first season will push the boundaries of the censors.

    *No plans for Joker, Robin, or Catman.

    *A second season has been approved and in production. A "Top Five" Batman villain will appear, who has the letter "D" in his name. Also expect some special voice guest stars.

  9. #534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It looks exactly the same as the animation in Green Lantern to me, the only difference seems to be the color pallet.
    Nope. GL was classic Bruce Timm style in 3D. Beware is something else.
    Last edited by Rafa-Rivas-2099; 07-21-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

  10. #535
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,873

    Default

    They look the same to me, the only real difference is that this Batman is a little leaner and his costume is slightly more stylized but the proportions and geometry of the characters is entirely the same.





    Although Bruce Timm had no involvement in the Beware the Batman, Warner Animation was involved in both and so there is a great deal of crossover behind the scenes. The main discernible difference between the two cartoon's really is the color pallets used, GL had a very bright pallet befitting it's tone where as Batman has a much darker pallet which again is fitting of the tone.

  11. #536

    Default

    Gordon or Alfred could pass as Timm designs, but not Batman, Pyg or any of the women.

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've always disliked Anarky so I'm hoping that their take on him will be like their version of Magpie.

    After I got over my initial reaction of "Holy silicone Batman, look at those giant flotation devices!" I actually really enjoyed Magpie, she felt legitimately dangerous and yet she wasn't without her humor or sympathy either. I think that was the first complex characterization she's ever received and I'm really pulling for them to do the same with Anarky.
    I noticed as well, very unusual dirty pillows for animation, however, I think the design was perfect. I don't know if it was the 3d animation or the design of the rest of her body, but her chest didn't look vulgar. The same goes for her clothes.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

  12. #537
    Thunder Crash Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38,301

    Default

    Well clearly there's a lot of Bruce Timm influence on the overall design of the series as there is with a lot of DC Animated productions. A lot of that has to do from many of the character designers working on BTB who also worked with Timm on various DCAU productions. In any case I don't think there was a conscious aim for "Bruce Timm" as there was with GL but they were going with a lot of the same design principals and having many designers previously working in the style leads to their being a lot of similarity. It's more seen in Gordon than any other character model I think.

  13. #538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Well clearly there's a lot of Bruce Timm influence on the overall design of the series as there is with a lot of DC Animated productions. A lot of that has to do from many of the character designers working on BTB who also worked with Timm on various DCAU productions. In any case I don't think there was a conscious aim for "Bruce Timm" as there was with GL but they were going with a lot of the same design principals and having many designers previously working in the style leads to their being a lot of similarity. It's more seen in Gordon than any other character model I think.
    It's not very far from Timm, but by that logic, it could be a 3D version of Matsuda's Batman, which is actually closer, not that I think about it.

    I agree that Gordon is the most Timm-esque character.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

  14. #539

    Default

    I like that this younger inexperienced Batman is shown to be physically vulnerable. I'm guessing this will push him into accepting more allies. We know Katana and Batgirl will be two of them. I'm hoping to see some of the Outsiders like Black Lightning or Metamorpho. Green Arrow would be a nice addition to the show as well. Of course I'd love to see a nod to GLTAS by having one of the characters show up. It could also be a good opportunity to introduce John Stewart.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  15. #540

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •