Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I never liked White Shark but the possibility of reinventing him here is interesting. Guessing he's the Penguin analogue. Knowing that they're focusing on lesser known villains, and taking liberties with Alfred and Katana etc, makes this so much cooler. Batman lives and grows through reinterpretation.
    I thought it was Tobias Whale, not GWS so they could pave the way for Black Lightning? Since they seem to be building up an Outsiders team.

I hope if BL appears, he's a full grown mature man who is a teacher and a social activist not the Static Shock clone they made him in Brave and the Bold. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    If GWS shows up, I wonder how they'll make him stand out from Tobias Whale. They are both rather similar villains in appearance and occupation a bit.
    GWS could be like the Killer Croc to Tobias Whale's Kingpin.

Quote Originally Posted by dushans View Post
    Does anybody else think those bat ears are way too big and anguler
    Batman looks like bug man to me.
    But except fo the ears every thing else looks good
    Meh, I grew up reading Aparo and Kelly's long ear'ed Bats alongside Jim Lee's short eared one so I don't really care for the height of the ears. They look alright to me.
    Last edited by yaseen101; 11-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.

nevermind. 10char
    Last edited by yaseen101; 11-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman2978 View Post
    I don't see the use/practicality of the long ears. Sure with certain artists it's look cool/scary but personally I'm more of a short ear Batman fan in the long run.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I'm sorry, but Kelley Jones has the stupidest design for Batman ever. Why the hell would Batman have horns on his head? Bats don't have horns! It looks like stupid 90s XTREEEME crap. Batman should be spared looking so stupid.

Neal Adams doesn't draw them that long, and they should be no longer than his style. Once you get longer, again...XTREEEME 90s style crap.
    Different artists have different styles. Kelley Jones is one of the most definitive artists in modern Batman history. Just because you don't like his style doesn't mean it's stupid it merely means you have different tastes than some people.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Different artists have different styles. Kelley Jones is one of the most definitive artists in modern Batman history. Just because you don't like his style doesn't mean it's stupid it merely means you have different tastes than some people.

but to most people on these forums, that's exactly what it means. If someone has a differing opinion you might as well be marched to the gallows lol

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    That is the entire point of the costume in the first place. The ears aren't supposed to be "practical". If he wanted to be practical, he'd drop the whole Bat thing completely. He's not trying to look cool. He's trying to look scary. "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

When I see the short ears, I think Silver Age friendly Batman. Brave and the Bold cartoon Batman. Adam West Batman. Infantino Batman.
    It's funny because not only has their been silly Batman movies/looks with the long eared look(Batman Forever and Batman and Robin being top contenders) when I think of Short eared Batman I also think of:
    Frank Miller Batman
    Jim Lee Batman
    Gary Frank Batman
    Chris Nolan Batmand
    Paul Pope Batman
    Smallville Batman

among countless others who made a darker grim and gritty Batman look albeit short ears plus many writers/artists I read now have favored the shorts ear because it would be less likely for a criminal to grab his ears when he is in a fight among other reasons including practicality.

Well, you are welcome to your messed up opinion.
    Well, who created the character?
    Oh yeah, right, THIS GUY:
    But what does he know about his own character, right?
    well for argument's sake:
    http://www.supermanartists.comics.or...Batmanpage.htm

from "Case of the Chemical Syndicate" by Bill Finger and Bob Kane- Detective 27

from "Professor Hugo Strange" by Bill Finger, Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson. Feb. 1940

from "Case of theCity of Terror" by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, Jerry Robinson and George Roussos, Detective 43, Sept 1940.
    The same guy who created the long ear Batman look also created the short ear look for the character so in all honesty that's a moot point and it just comes down to what people like and what people don't like.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

I personally can't believe there are people who will waste their time to argue over Batman's ear-length.

Then again here I am chiming in.

It looks cool either way

Eh, it goes in cycles. For animated shows, Batman had the really short ears in Brave and the Bold, so now he's gone with the really long ears for "Beware." As long as he's got the bat-ears, then it's right.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

The same guy who created the long ear Batman look also created the short ear look for the character so in all honesty that's a moot point and it just comes down to what people like and what people don't like.
    And that was the point I was trying to make. I wasn't saying people shouldn't have their preference; I was answering the guy who was suggesting the long ears were "wrong" by pointing out that the guy who first drew the character came up with the long ears. So they are equally valid and it DOES come down to a question of taste.

For me, personally, I have always preferred "creature of the night" Batman over "urban commando" Batman. So I prefer the long ears.

And that was the point I was trying to make. I wasn't saying people shouldn't have their preference; I was answering the guy who was suggesting the long ears were "wrong" by pointing out that the guy who first drew the character came up with the long ears. So they are equally valid and it DOES come down to a question of taste.

For me, personally, I have always preferred "creature of the night" Batman over "urban commando" Batman. So I prefer the long ears.
    Okay my bad. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying short ear Batman only represented a silly Batman. Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Don't get me wrong I like the long eared Batman but I guess I'm more of a fan of the short ear Batman look in the end.

Bygones?
    Last edited by Ironman2978; 11-12-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Okay my bad. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying short ear Batman only represented a silly Batman. Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Don't get me wrong I like the long eared Batman but I guess I'm more of a fan of the short ear Batman look in the end.

Bygones?
    No, you are my foe forever now.

I wasn't even saying the small-ear thing as a bad thing, because I love the Brave and the Bold cartoon, I love the 60s tv show (and the Filmation cartoon) and Sprang is one of my top-3 all-time favorite Batman artists. I also like the Infantino-era "New Look" stories (the ones that Infantino drew). I was just saying that those things are what I immediately associate with the short ears. Probably Sprang before anything.

I just prefer the longer ear look. Whenever a Batman artist is going for a spooky vibe, it tends to be the longer ears. Kelley Jones, Jim Aparo, Bernie Wrightson, Marshall Rogers, whoever. For me, it just makes the character and comic more atmospheric.

Also, the DCAU Batman had longer ears from B:TAS to TNBA to BB to JLU. So it's not always a lighter Batman who has shorter ears.

They released a new still yesterday.

BANNED

That looks freaking awesome. Film noir through Morrison's whacky lenses.