Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1138
  1. #271
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I love how Cassandra Cain and Katanna are so interchangeable because they're both oriental. Comic book fans...
    I'm not saying their interchangeable. But the background they're describing for Katana in the DC Nation Super Spectacular
    Occupation: Former member of the CIA and the League of Assasins. Ninja.
    could easily be reworked for a new version of Cassandra, or for any new character they wanted to introduce in this series. I just don't see why they chose Katana when they already reworked Tatsu for the New 52.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  2. #272
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    A one-line description doesn't encapsulate the whole character and how she'll be written.

  3. #273
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    A one-line description doesn't encapsulate the whole character and how she'll be written.
    No, it's not.

    But I still don't understand why they're using a Katana who apparently will be disconnected from the comic book version.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  4. #274
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm not saying their interchangeable. But the background they're describing for Katana in the DC Nation Super Spectacular could easily be reworked for a new version of Cassandra, or for any new character they wanted to introduce in this series. I just don't see why they chose Katana when they already reworked Tatsu for the New 52.
    Because they've already used Katana in previous DC animated series? Because it's the character they wanted to use? I'm not sure what kind of answer you are looking for.

  5. #275
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    I mean they're hinting at some kind of Outsiders thing with Metamorpho, so it's not really a surprise. Just because they're adding the LOA doesn't mean she'll be completely different.

  6. #276
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I mean they're hinting at some kind of Outsiders thing with Metamorpho, so it's not really a surprise. Just because they're adding the LOA doesn't mean she'll be completely different.
    The LOA thing just gives her a better connection to the storyline since they're using Ra's al Ghul at some point.

  7. #277
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I love how Cassandra Cain and Katanna are so interchangeable because they're both oriental. Comic book fans...
    Heh, are they a type of soup or a fancy rug?

  8. #278
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    That's a good point, but I hope you realize the effect your point will most likely have is not to make people stop complaining about Katana, but make them start complaining about Metamorpho and possibly Black Lightning. "Metamorpho? Why couldn't they have used Shift?" or "Black Lighting? This would have been a great opportunity to reintroduce Static instead."

    It's always something.
    Forget that noise. If Beware the Batman becomes a Batman and the Outsiders, of sorts, then I'll be very happy.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  9. #279
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,234

    Default

    that Alfred design is weak!

    also: villians? who's the editor on this?

  10. #280

    Default

    I enjoyed what I've seen so far, keeping my eye on this.

  11. #281
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,872

    Default

    How will CN delaying the DC Nation block affect this show?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  12. #282
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    How will CN delaying the DC Nation block affect this show?
    I don't know if it will, since I don't know if they planned on running this before 2013 anyway.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  13. #283
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,019

    Default

    Can't wait! Have been eager for a new CGI show. Especially after Green Lantern.

  14. #284
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Can't wait! Have been eager for a new CGI show. Especially after Green Lantern.
    Call me old school, but CGI is still somewhat over-rated (unless you maybe devote the time and $$$'s to it like they do for feature movies).
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  15. #285
    Member batman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Keystone City
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Professor Pyg!
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •