Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 2294
  1. #76
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Why hello there danger, we meet again!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  2. #77

    Default

    Brave and The Bold Aquaman must be spelled in all caps. AQUAMAN!

  3. #78
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    That's not an Outrageous Aquaman.

    This is an Outrageous AQUAMAN!

    I'm convinced that's how he should look and act in the comics.

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm convinced that's how he should look and act in the comics.
    Yeah, but that's not what they're going for with him...

    I know that he was pretty much hated and DC has no intent to bring the character back or have a second Aquaman but I think DC should bring back Arthur Joseph Curry and have him be AQUAMAN while letting Arthur Curry be just plain Aquaman.

  5. #80
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,862

    Default

    Kurt Busiek did really write him well, and I liked that origin...well it's the only one I've ever read to be honest.

    Speaking of written well, I loved Detective today. It was pure awesomesauce.

  6. #81
    Kate Bishop beetlebum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.
    Posts
    16,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    You should be proud of yourself, a lot of people wouldn't have been so kindhearted.
    Thanks .
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

    Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

    You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

  7. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Kurt Busiek did really write him well, and I liked that origin...well it's the only one I've ever read to be honest.

    Speaking of written well, I loved Detective today. It was pure awesomesauce.
    Aye, I really liked the sound of AJ Curry. Heck, he's the only Aquaman I've ever had the slightest interest in. Never read his book though. But the interest is there.

    I have that pulled so I'll be getting it next time I'm at the shop.

    Hey Beetle.

  8. #83
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Aye, I really liked the sound of AJ Curry. Heck, he's the only Aquaman I've ever had the slightest interest in. Never read his book though. But the interest is there.

    I have that pulled so I'll be getting it next time I'm at the shop.

    Hey Beetle.
    You should get the trade, Sword of Atlantis:Once and future. It's pretty awesome.


    Detective was great, it really was the Joker at his finest, next to the last Superman/Batman arc it was my favorite Joker appearance in years.

    Action was good as well, it had a great golden age fun kind of vibe.

  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You should get the trade, Sword of Atlantis:Once and future. It's pretty awesome.


    Detective was great, it really was the Joker at his finest, next to the last Superman/Batman arc it was my favorite Joker appearance in years.

    Action was good as well, it had a great golden age fun kind of vibe.
    I probably will eventually.

    I've heard mixed things to be honest. Still giving it a go of course.

    Can't wait for Action and A-Man.

  10. #85
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I probably will eventually.

    I've heard mixed things to be honest. Still giving it a go of course.

    Can't wait for Action and A-Man.
    I think it depends on what you want out of a Batman story as to whether you'll like 'Tec or not. I love my Batman stories to be equal parts grim, colorful and over the top, so I'm going to love a comic that has Batman bursting through a wall of flame shouting, "I own the night!"

    spoilers:
    And the Joker having his own themed gadgets like Batman? Yeah that's a win
    end of spoilers.

  11. #86

    Default

    Hmmm.... interesting. Well, like I said it's still on my pull so I'm giving it a shot.

  12. #87
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,862

    Default

    Well, back to work in seven hours, I'm spent for now.

    But before I depart I give you this...it seriously made my night..


  13. #88

    Default

    Yay! Clint Eastwoody!

  14. #89
    Kate Bishop beetlebum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.
    Posts
    16,528

    Default

    Hey 'Manx!

    And that is a great piece of fanart.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

    Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

    You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

  15. #90

    Default

    Well it's set in stone now. Leaving for Halifax on the 24th of September. God, I hope I'll be able to find an apartment by the 30th.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •