Page 29 of 154 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Well, at least you got a shower out of it.

The upside was the art was really good during the fight scene, and I really loved the interplay between Bobby and Johnny.
    I juat hope things ARE fixed for now. I don't want the same thing happening tomorrow.

Aye, the Bobby/Johnny dynamic is generally agreed to be the only reason that The Human Torch is now an X-Man. I hope we get to see those 9 mutant kids that lady was harboring.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I juat hope things ARE fixed for now. I don't want the same thing happening tomorrow.

Aye, the Bobby/Johnny dynamic is generally agreed to be the only reason that The Human Torch is now an X-Man. I hope we get to see those 9 mutant kids that lady was harboring.
    Yeah, so do I and I hope nothing bad happens to them. Styrker killing that lady like that was pretty jarring

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, so do I and I hope nothing bad happens to them. Styrker killing that lady like that was pretty jarring
    Not for Stryker considering what his Mainstream counterpart has done. This Stryker's a bit different but if he's half as bad as 616 Stryker is he's going to be doing a lot worse.

I hope They take them and live in the Morlock tunnels. Not exactly the Xavier Institute but a decent place for a base.

He was just a dude in sentinel looking armor to me and I was pretty shocked. I mean, I knew it wasn't going to end well for her but that was a pretty graphic end.

Well when he kills 28 X-Students in a rocket Strike he'll be as bad as 616 Striker.

Speaking of the Sentinel suit... I really don't like how he looks in the Ultimate Universe at all. It's been a while since I've read the last Ultimate X-Men Volume one Arc, and I can't even remember how he got the sentinel suit.

Well when he kills 28 X-Students in a rocket Strike he'll be as bad as 616 Striker.

Speaking of the Sentinel suit... I really don't like how he looks in the Ultimate Universe at all. It's been a while since I've read the last Ultimate X-Men Volume one Arc, and I can't even remember how he got the sentinel suit.
    It beats the heck out of me, I thought he might be a like an ultimate version of the Master Mold when I first saw him.

Well anywho... yeah, he's pretty tame compared to the other Stryker.

I hope things go well for the kids. I like it when the X-Men have a young student based supporting cast around them. Makes for interesting stories and character interactions.

My first thought would be that their introduction in this story arc would be a good way to create a team of X-Men composed of all original characters with Kitty, Bobby and Rogue acting as mentors.

Well I think we have it confirmed that the main cast will eventually be: Kitty, Iceman, Human Torch, Rogue, Firestar, Jean Grey/Karen Grant, Derek Morgan, and Jimmy Hudson. That's a pretty large team as is. I imagine if the kids do survive and be supporting characters they'll be a healthy mix of original and yet to be ultimatized characters.

I just know that with Nick Spencer it's going to be a swell ride.

Well I think we have it confirmed that the main cast will eventually be: Kitty, Iceman, Human Torch, Rogue, Firestar, Jean Grey/Karen Grant, Derek Morgan, and Jimmy Hudson. That's a pretty large team as is. I imagine if the kids do survive and be supporting characters they'll be a healthy mix of original and yet to be ultimatized characters.

I just know that with Nick Spencer it's going to be a swell ride.
    Yeah, I really like what I've read from Spencer so I'm in it for the long haul.

I hope he answers my prayers and introduces Ultimate Shortpack.

Manx, you'll be happy to hear that I started reading Runaways, my library has the whole Vaughan story.
    "Teal is just very quotable"
    - thwhtGuardian

I am happy to hear that. And you're lucky to have a library with a good graphic novel selection.

How are you finding it? How far along are you?

Finished the first book, started off a little cheeky but I do like the characters. Surprisingly Chase has grown on me, might be my favourite, him and Nico.
    "Teal is just very quotable"
    - thwhtGuardian

The first 18 issue Volume or the first Digest/Trade?

Yeah, the book is a little off for the first 10 or 12 issues. It really gets going when you learn the Origins of the Pride. I'll admit that if I had started reading the book from issue one I would have dropped it before it got any good.