Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Hey Beetle!

Aye, I hear ya.

Yay, for doing a good deed!

Hope the interview goes well.
    I really appreciate it, 'Manx. :)
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    So I take pride in doing a good thing.
    You should be proud of yourself, a lot of people wouldn't have been so kindhearted.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    I grew up in Phoenix, AZ, so I know what that is like.

But now, it is completely different where I live. That is the great part about living in Portland, Oregon. It is a comic book nerd paradise, so whenever I get back from San Diego there are dozens of people on the flight back, and nearly everyone I meet knows genre/sci-fi/fantasy stuff. I was recently summoned for jury selection and several of the other potential jurors mentioned Dr. Who when the defendant's council asked us our favorite tv show or movie, one girl mentioned Dungeon's and Dragons when the judge asked our hobbies. It was cool to see my community embrace being nerdy so much.

Plus, there are so many comic creators in Portland and the surrounding area. You're likely to bump into Brian Bendis, Greg Rucka or Jeff Parker around town, see Matt Wagner, or Gail Simone or Mike Allred someplace nearby.

Makes one feel like being a comic-loving nerd is normal.
    You make me want to move. That would be awesome.
    I have a friend who has a imaginary "The perfect block to live on". For a long while Mel Gibson was her neighbor along with Kevin Bacon and Opra (don't ask why), but Mel Gibson got evicted shortly after his first divorce.

I'm still against the rule in the OP.

I'm still against the rule in the OP.
    The slaughtering, cooking and eating of poke'mon will ever be socially acceptable. Not even in Ronnie's magical land of Portland.

SELF COOKING PIGS!

A Successful Pokemon trainer cannot go without eating. And what else is there to eat besides rice balls?

"Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

SELF COOKING PIGS!

A Successful Pokemon trainer cannot go without eating. And what else is there to eat besides rice balls?
    I bet they are vegans.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I think I'll lose some serious nerd street cred, but I just can't get myself to care about the edits.I remember being really pissed off when they made it so Greedo shot first in the special edition, but that was like way back in the fifth grade. Now? It doesn't seem to phase me, or really ruin my enjoyment of them in the least.

Hah, The Star Wars edits hardly bother me to be honest. CGI Jabba, Boba Fett being edited into a New Hope, CGI Szarlacc, and the Han/Greedo fiasco are the only things that bother me in the least.

I bet they are vegans.
    Do plant pokemon count as meat?

Hah, The Star Wars edits hardly bother me to be honest. CGI Jabba, Boba Fett being edited into a New Hope, CGI Szarlacc, and the Han/Greedo fiasco are the only things that bother me in the least.

Do plant pokemon count as meat?
    I think they do, they seem to be part animal.

I just can't seem to be bothered, especially as most don't alter the story and that's about all that matters. Is Vader shouting "nooo" when Luke gets fried by the Emperor a little heavy handed, sure, but it fits thematically and doesn't alter Vader's redemption.

Speaking of Starwars, I'm pretty pumped to see Darths and Droids start A New Hope. Their take on Revege of the Sith wasn't as good as the first two episodes but I'm hoping they do well with part IV.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think they do, they seem to be part animal.

I just can't seem to be bothered, especially as most don't alter the story and that's about all that matters. Is Vader shouting "nooo" when Luke gets fried by the Emperor a little heavy handed, sure, but it fits thematically and doesn't alter Vader's redemption.

Speaking of Starwars, I'm pretty pumped to see Darths and Droids start A New Hope. Their take on Revege of the Sith wasn't as good as the first two episodes but I'm hoping they do well with part IV.
    I'm going to have to get in touch with the Pokemon company one day and have a LOOOOONNNGGG discussion about this with them.

Yeah, I mean most are so minor it's hard to get worked up about. Few change the tone of the films or the scenes at all. My main problem with the alterations I do get bothered by is just the fact that the CGI used in the scenes has dated more poorly than the original FX.

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped about the New Hope Adaptation. It should be a blast. I really want to know how they are going to use Han.

Since it's mostly new characters it should be fun, I think inhabiting the same characters for so long is part of what made the third part kind of stale.

Well, I'm off to bed, I have to be back at work in another 6 hours.

Maybe. But who knows?

Bye, and good night.

Action Comics #2 variant

No chains can hold the champion of the people, fight the power!

Also some Outrageous Aquaman from Jim Lee!:

"Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

That's not an Outrageous Aquaman.

This is an Outrageous AQUAMAN!