Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by joao_miranda View Post
    According to Dan Didio, after the reboot, Ted Kord never existed in the DCU. Jaime Reyes is the only Blue Beetle ever.
    Yeah? give me a source. Last time I checked the writer of the series said that Ted Kord died in the past but they don't want to delve into that at the moment because it'll be too complicated for the new readers to have showcase a previous Blue Beetle.
    And no. He isn't coming back. The only one we heard that might be coming back is Ryan Choi and the way thats going to happen will probably be story related and not just be from the relaunch.
    Im also pretty sure there has been a thread exactly like this.

BANNED

1. Is Reene Montoya still the Question and is Vic Sage still dead?
    2. Are the old JLI stories in continuity? Were Ted and Booster ever friends? Is Max Lord still evil?
    3. With the Jaime Reyes origin being retold, any way Ted Kord can now be his tutor? Like in Smallville.
    hmmmmm let me see if I could answer these the best I can..

1- Renee will be seen as a member of the Gotham City Police Force.

‎2- Hard to be friends with people that were never around, as for Max, I don't see him as evil, just determined.

‎3- Jaime is the one and only Blue Beetle.

hope that helps. best, DD
    Say what you want, Dan Didio is a really nice guy.

Reading it again, though, he doesn't necessarily say he never existed. He can still play the Smallville role. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Kyle Anderson; 09-05-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Removing the Booster/Beetle friendship is by far the biggest hit I've taken with the reboot .

Ted Kord and Vic Sage will be back....when they hit the reset button...

They're the only Blue Beetle and Question I want to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    Removing the Booster/Beetle friendship is by far the biggest hit I've taken with the reboot .
    If Ted is in fact on another earth, and he is some how incorperated into the DC Universe, I'm sure he'll meet Booster at some point and we'll get to watch them become great friends all over again. If that's how DC does it, I'll be really happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    So, basically this:

Quote Originally Posted by fishbonex View Post
    The expression on the dude dressed as beetle is hilarious.
    What you don't know is that Dan really did kill him.

He hates Ted THAT MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_fan View Post

They're the only Blue Beetle and Question I want to read about.
    I'm not really big on Montoya as the Question, I prefer her as a cop. Vic Sage makes appearances in the 80s Blue Beetle series, that's all I know about him, but he seems interesting as hell. The way he presses a button and the smoke surrounds him. That's pretty awesome.

But I've grown to like Jaime Reyes, and wouldn't mind it if there were 2 Blue Beetles running around. Of coure if I had to choose I'd choose Ted

Quote Originally Posted by joao_miranda View Post
    Say what you want, Dan Didio is a really nice guy.

Reading it again, though, he doesn't necessarily say he never existed. He can still play the Smallville role. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Not to be picky, but that isn't a source. That's the first I'm hearing of any of that, could you provide a link to wherever you got this?
    Check out my eBay items!

My blog: Random Pop Culture Reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    What you don't know is that Dan really did kill him.
    Yeah, I heard that too, hahhaha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by philioteria21 View Post
    Not to be picky, but that isn't a source. That's the first I'm hearing of any of that, could you provide a link to wherever you got this?
    Because you want to make sure I didn't just wrote all that and post it here, claiming Dan Didio said it?
    I'm not a troll, man. It's on Didio's Facebook page.

In a way I'm kind of glad that Ted Kord isn't in the reboot as it prevents Didio from messing him up even more than he has already. At least that way once Didio is shown the door by DC the road is open if some writer wants to bring him in.

Jamie Reyes did evolve into a great character, but Ted didn't need to die to make that happen.

Montoya as the Question was a nice development coming out of 52 but (again) Vic Sage didn't need to die for it to happen.

(Incidentally did they ever do anything with the alternative universe Ted that was hinted to have survived at the end of Johns Booster Gold run, I know Jurgens kept the plot rolling with the hints in the Blackest Night issues but did it ever get followed up on after that ?)

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

It's a shame about Renee. They could have done really interesting coming out of 52 but really nothing came of it so if nothing is going to happen Vic might as well return. Still...I think his and Renee's storyline was fantastic in 52 (but really, what wasn't fantastic in 52?) and his death was handled really well. It's a shame to loose that.

.....I now appreciate the ending of Johns' & Katz's BOOSTER GOLD run a lot more.

He's really alive, out there amidst the timestream of the 52 Earths running around having fun.

And wherever Skeets has gone in the DCnU (I have a feeling he ain't around anymore either)........he's with Ted.

And Scott & Barda are there too.

Batusi Teacher

Long live Earth 4! Are Ralph and Sue coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    Yeah? give me a source. Last time I checked the writer of the series said that Ted Kord died in the past but they don't want to delve into that at the moment because it'll be too complicated for the new readers to have showcase a previous Blue Beetle.
    I really think that kind of thinking just sells the readership short.