View Poll Results: I am a new reader of DC Comics and....

Voters
674. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I've never read a comic before.

133 19.73%
  • I used to read comics, but haven't for a while.

254 37.69%
  • I usually read Marvel Comics

167 24.78%
  • Other

120 17.80%
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

I used to read x-men back in the early 90s, then stopped until this past summer, when i went digital with comixology. The 52 reboot was a big appeal, along with DC's more approachable price and shipping scheme.

Reading Batman, Catwoman and Suicide Squad. Recently dropped Birds of Prey, as it just felt boring to me. I really only read it for Ivy, and she just doesn't feel the same as before. Trying to find a different $3 book to replace it. Preferably something bat or gotham centric. Haven't really jumped on board with any marvel titles, as it's roughly 20 years in between and that's too much baggage. Been toying with jumping in with daredevil since it's not too far in. I also read walking dead through trades, and buy morning glories monthly.

I had really distanced myself from comics for at least 10 years... I tried Flashpoint followed by the New 52 and I felt like the 15 year old kid I used to be when I was introduced to Marvel back in '68. The whole 52 experience has proven so enjoyable. I collect all 52 books and no variants but I do have all 8 printings of JL #1. I tend to ramble so suffice to say DC has me looking forward to my retirement days of just enjoying the books on a daily basis.

I got into comics shortly after the new 52 started, when I started The Walking Dead, and not much later I started reading the New 52, which was a great starting point, that Marvel did not have. My favourite (dc) series are Batman, Catwoman, Demon Knights, Justice League and Green Lantern.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

I have been reading comics weekly now since the new 52 began last September. Before that point I read very few comics and mostly stuck to the cartoons of Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, the X-Men in the 90s. I grew up in a small town in the DFW Metroplex and the nearest comic shop was around 20 miles away from my childhood home. Than in 2011 I came across the Comixology app and saw free issues of comics. I heard about the New52 after finding the app and I haven't looked back since!

I have always been a reader of trades, but with the new 52 coming out last year I must admit it has got me collecting singles, and i'm also delving into the Marvel nows, aswell still collecting trades.

I have not read a comic book since my freshman year in H.S. but i want to change that.

well ive been reading on and off since i was 6 and lately had bee focussing on comic collections like Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns, and like many with the new 52 i thought itd be awesome to jump in but i havnt picked any up yet, so many people have been giving the new 52 a bad review now i usually dont trust critics but ALOT of people dont like them so im cautious of what to buy first but hopefully ill still enjoy them

Obviously, like hundreds of other people, I got into comics by the New 52. Instead of stating which books i do read, it would be easier to say what I don't read. There are a lot of things I like about the New52 but there are a lot of things I hate lol. For example, Aquaman and JusticeLeagueDark is fantastic but Tim Drake's & Jason's origins are ruined! Also I hate Bunker! I like him as a person but you have this opportunity to create a new character and you give him, basically Green Lantern powers? That's so weak. What they should've done was what they planned to do in the first place, get Aqualad from Young Justice(show) so that people coming from the show would be more attracted towards teen titans. But still, there still remains loads of things I love in Dc's New52. (:

I have just came here tonight letting you know how new I am to CBR. As background goes I have been away from comics since 1989 and I believed that was the end of comics for me. Then I hear about DC's reboot and the idea is again born in my head. So with the reboot last year I am again like a kid back into comics again and I am happy with this. A bonus from the reboot for me is that I did not know a lot about DC's titles being a Marvel guy from long ago so it was all new to me and I was enjoying the ride! So this is what my pull list was.

1. Justice League
    2. Aquaman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. The Flash
    5. The Savage Hawkman
    6. Action Comics
    7. Superman
    8. Supergirl
    9. Batman
    10. Detective Comics
    11. Batgirl
    12. Birds of Prey
    13. Green Lantern
    14. Justice League Dark
    15. Swamp Thing
    16. The Fantastic Four (my lone Marvel title)

Now I find my self in a jam because now Marvel has done a reboot.......errr I mean refresh. So now my pull list has changed as of 1 Dec 12 to this=

1. Justice League
    2. Aquaman
    3. The Flash
    4. The Savage Hawkman
    5. Superman
    6. Supergirl
    7. Batman
    8. Batgirl
    9.Birds of Prey
    10. Green Lantern
    11. Justice League Dark
    12. Swamp Thing
    13. Worlds Finest
    14. All New X-Men
    15. Indestructible Hulk
    16. Thor God of Thunder

Not on my pull list but I still picked them up anyway= Action Comics, Detective Comics, The Amazing Spider-Man, Red She Hulk, The Avengers, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Iron Man.
    I know I can't keep this up. I have to cut titles and hold the line at 16 on my pull list. It is just hard for me to make up my mind about what to cut and what to keep.
    I hope that by coming here to CBR I can get some ideas and some help in making the cuts and the keeps.
    Thanks for taking the time to read and any ideas are welcome, help me hold the line at 16 titles.

John

I have always been into the idea of comics but never got around to it as a kid, although i watched numerous series and movies. (Both dc and marvel)

I have began reading comics as im now 20 and i heard about the new 52 reboot and thought nows the time (as before knowing where to start was a big question)

I currently have read issues 1-9 of detective comics, green arrow, batman The dark knight and green lantern. Im also looking into the longbow hunters for green arrow :)

I started reading DC with the release of the New 52 and later moved on to Marvel.
    What really got me interested in comics was the tv shows and movies I saw as a kid, but I could never read them because there wasn't a good jumping on point unlike today when they have a reboot almost every year.
    My comics include Batman #1-14, Justice League #1-14, The Avengers #1, and Iron Man #1-3

I um come from the internet lol. I grew up in the 90s when TV animated series like Batman, Spider-man and various other comic book heroes were on tv. I've read comics before but would never think of myself as a comic fan til a month ago. I never had a comic shop around me or the means to read comics otherwise. Now I'm reading as many as I can.

I used to read marvel comics back when I was young.
    I am currently thinking of reading some dc comics.
    Especially batman and green lantern.

I recently got into DC with Supergirl vol. 4 and Batman/Superman series Before that I mostly read Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by kakitamike View Post
    I used to read x-men back in the early 90s, then stopped until this past summer, when i went digital with comixology. The 52 reboot was a big appeal, along with DC's more approachable price and shipping scheme.

Reading Batman, Catwoman and Suicide Squad. Recently dropped Birds of Prey, as it just felt boring to me. I really only read it for Ivy, and she just doesn't feel the same as before. Trying to find a different $3 book to replace it. Preferably something bat or gotham centric. Haven't really jumped on board with any marvel titles, as it's roughly 20 years in between and that's too much baggage. Been toying with jumping in with daredevil since it's not too far in. I also read walking dead through trades, and buy morning glories monthly.
    You should check out Batgirl. I came in from EXACT same situation as you. It's the least fanciful and most grounded real world Gotham title. It drives the long time comic book fans up a wall, but I love it and It's the title most like the recent Batman movies.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx