Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: John Rood, Bob Wayne Discuss DC's New 52, Part 2

Concluding our conversation with DC Comics' John Rood and Bob Wayne, CBR News discusses the mixed results DC has experienced in holding prices at $2.99, their hopes for the future of print and digital and much more.

Full article here.

I've never been more proud of DC.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Smart, insightful, and professional. Very good read.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

The more I read, the more I realize that Bob Wayne is the heart and soul of DC.

I've described the New 52 as a Hail Mary pass from the deck of the Titanic, but I really believe that in some ways that's unfair. I still think it's an accurate summation of the importance of what DC is doing, but I think they've taken a lot more care with it than a Hail Mary pass.

It's good to see they're balancing their own needs with those of the retailers, readers, and the industry as a whole.

Playing the long game is probably more important than anyone can really imagine right now. I know they talked about not going for market share, but I think they're going to have to, if only because the only way to get Marvel onto the long game is to show how successful it can be.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.