Page 1 of 336 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default WWE RAW V: It's time to play The Game

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

I'm kind of looking forward to Fandango wrestling. Part of it is that if they handle it right, it's a gimmick that can really irritate fans. And also, I don't want to see Johnny Curtis get the rug pulled out from under him twice now. He's been on the cusp of the main roster for what feels like forever. I don't even know how good he is in the ring, but why not at least throw him out there, let him try to get under the fans' skin, and see where it goes? The alternative is letting him sit at home for another six months so that people can forget about Fandango, or just releasing him without ever giving him even half a chance.

Having said that, trying to debut someone right before a Wrestlemania that they're not going to have any part of is a dicey move, at best.

Just want to say that the next Postmania title should have a John Cena reference. If Captain Trips can have one
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I'm kind of looking forward to Fandango wrestling. Part of it is that if they handle it right, it's a gimmick that can really irritate fans. And also, I don't want to see Johnny Curtis get the rug pulled out from under him twice now. He's been on the cusp of the main roster for what feels like forever. I don't even know how good he is in the ring, but why not at least throw him out there, let him try to get under the fans' skin, and see where it goes? The alternative is letting him sit at home for another six months so that people can forget about Fandango, or just releasing him without ever giving him even half a chance.

Having said that, trying to debut someone right before a Wrestlemania that they're not going to have any part of is a dicey move, at best.
    His gimmick to me just screams jobber. Yes they'll elevate him for awhile but then pull the rug from him later on. If the WWE were serious they'd give him a better gimmick

Who's Johnny Curtis? Is that Fandango? I think it would be a good idea for him to attack one of the mid-card faces to get some heat from the fans rather than just pull this gimmick and not do anything. That's usually an easy way to irritate fans very quickly.

I'm interested to see what the hour long pre-show for Wrestlemania XXIX is going to be. Maybe a battle royal for the United States Championship or Intercontinental Championship. I'm waiting for Christian to return but if he returns and wins the battle royal it'll be the same thing that happened at Over the Limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Just want to say that the next Postmania title should have a John Cena reference. If Captain Trips can have one
    Postmania: Your Time is Up, My Time is Now That's pretty much the best title for a John Cena reference.

His gimmick to me just screams jobber. Yes they'll elevate him for awhile but then pull the rug from him later on. If the WWE were serious they'd give him a better gimmick
    I was expecting Zack Ryder to be a jobber for Fandango for awhile. That'll put Ryder lower in the totem pole if he jobs to a future jobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Postmania: Your Time is Up, My Time is Now That's pretty much the best title for a John Cena reference.

Either that or The Champ Is Here!!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Ryder's been jobbing to-- er, getting squashed by Punk this last week.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ryder's been jobbing to-- er, getting squashed by Punk this last week.
    Probably bitching about it on his Youtube Show as we speak

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

I'm fine with it being a jobber gimmick. There's a place for that in WWE. Santino's gimmick is a jobber gimmick, but he's gotten mileage out of it, and he's a huge hit at house shows. Not everyone has to be a potential main-eventer. The whole point with a gimmick like Fandango is doing what Drew McIntyre is doing - throw yourself into it, and eventually something better might come along. But if you sandbag it, you're done.

I just want to see him wrestle. They pulled the rug out from under him once (when he was showing up, and telling bad jokes), not even giving him his prize for winning one of the NXT seasons (it was right when R-Truth turned, he was supposed to get a tag-title shot with his pro). Even if this isn't everyone's cup of tea, why not just throw him out there and see if he can make something of it? Otherwise, it's like a running joke of seeing how close Curtis can get to the main roster before everyone points at him, laughing, and says, "You really fell for it again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Who's Johnny Curtis? Is that Fandango? I think it would be a good idea for him to attack one of the mid-card faces to get some heat from the fans rather than just pull this gimmick and not do anything. That's usually an easy way to irritate fans very quickly.

I'm interested to see what the hour long pre-show for Wrestlemania XXIX is going to be. Maybe a battle royal for the United States Championship or Intercontinental Championship. I'm waiting for Christian to return but if he returns and wins the battle royal it'll be the same thing that happened at Over the Limit.
    Yeah, Johnny Curtis is Fandango. Uh oh, I said it wrong. Now he's never going to wrestle...

Yeah, Johnny Curtis is Fandango. Uh oh, I said it wrong. Now he's never going to wrestle...
    And that's whats going to turn whatever fans he has against him. Pretty soon they'll stop caring if he will or will not wrestle. Frankly I find the whole not wrestling till they get his name right really stupid. That kind of thing only works if he had gained some form of popularity.

And that's whats going to turn whatever fans he has against him. Pretty soon they'll stop caring if he will or will not wrestle. Frankly I find the whole not wrestling till they get his name right really stupid. That kind of thing only works if he had gained some form of popularity.
    Yeah, pretty much this. From the perspective of a typical watcher, most people will look at him and go "Oh, so this guy isn't going to wrestle again? Whatevs, never seen him before".

It also doesn't help that I think his gimmick is pretty stupid.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

The WWE needs something. They really need a strong midcard or some strong stars to cary the brand.

No offense to Rock, HHH, Undertaker, or Brock Lesnar.... but what does it say about the mid and undercard that these part time performers have to pretty much drive WM forward.

As much as I like Ziggler, I would prefer it if he won a bit more. He's a great performer, but I can't take him seriously.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    The WWE needs something. They really need a strong midcard or some strong stars to cary the brand.

No offense to Rock, HHH, Undertaker, or Brock Lesnar.... but what does it say about the mid and undercard that these part time performers have to pretty much drive WM forward.

As much as I like Ziggler, I would prefer it if he won a bit more. He's a great performer, but I can't take him seriously.
    At this point, yeah I get that they make money but WWE shouldn't keep on depending on those guys. Especially when the mid and undercard are supposed to be their next main eventers

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Yeah, pretty much this. From the perspective of a typical watcher, most people will look at him and go "Oh, so this guy isn't going to wrestle again? Whatevs, never seen him before".

It also doesn't help that I think his gimmick is pretty stupid.
    Especially if his whole gimmick is not coming out till they get his name right. Hell the lack of reaction he received is evident that if WWE doesn't do something then it's back to NXT