Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Dark Horse Presents stories

OK, we know that Hellboy versus the Aztec Mummy will be in Dark Horse Presents #8 (or 7... contradictory reports on this), but Dark Horse Presents #5 has Mike Mignola listed as one of its artists. What's he doing on that one? I haven't heard any news about this.
    Last edited by Middenway; 08-29-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    OK, we know that Hellboy versus the Aztec Mummy will be in Dark Horse Presents #8 (or 7... contradictory reports on this), but Dark Horse Presents #5 has Mike Mignola listed as one of its artists. What's he doing on that one? I haven't heard any news about this.
    The Aztec Mummy is a story drawn by Corben correct?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Mike was drawing a HB story for an issue of DHP as well... Maybe thats it? Pretty awesome if thats the case
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

No, the Aztec Mummy one is drawn by Mike Mignola. It'll be in the January issue of DHP, followed by a BPRD story (which will be one of the epilogues for The Fury) drawn by Duncan Fegredo in February (he's also doing the cover for that issue, I believe), then a Lobster Johnson story in March drawn by Joe Querio... but I haven't heard anything about DHP5.

Update:
    Ahem! I mean, Hellboy versus the Aztec Mummy drawn by Mike Mignola will be in DHP #7 in December, An Unmarked Grave drawn by Duncan Fegredo in January, then a Lobster Johnson story in February drawn by Joe Querio. ...And you know what? I'm still not sure! I'll have to wait till the solicitations...
    Last edited by Middenway; 09-05-2011 at 10:14 PM.

No, the Aztec Mummy one is drawn by Mike Mignola.
    Ah, well poo that we have to wait so much longer...

No idea what the DHP 5 refers to then... Maybe a pin up?
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Hmmm this is a mystery, i dont know what its referring to ...

On the topic of the new Dark Horse Presents im a bit apprehensive because the price seems a bit steep ... i think i will only be picking up the Hellboy related issues

No, the Aztec Mummy one is drawn by Mike Mignola. It'll be in the January issue of DHP, followed by a BPRD story (which will be one of the epilogues for The Fury) drawn by Duncan Fegredo in February (he's also doing the cover for that issue, I believe), then a Lobster Johnson story in March drawn by Joe Querio... but I haven't heard anything about DHP5.
    Yeah..those are gonna be fantastic. You just know the BPRD story will get collected into the Fury trade.
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.

Stabbed in the back Jr. Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jelio View Post
    Hmmm this is a mystery, i dont know what its referring to ...

On the topic of the new Dark Horse Presents im a bit apprehensive because the price seems a bit steep ... i think i will only be picking up the Hellboy related issues
    I get the feeling that might be every one of them after a certain point. Which is fine by me.
    "Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to shake things up, but we're going to have to get some pants on this one."

Quote Originally Posted by Jr. Wormwood View Post
    I get the feeling that might be every one of them after a certain point. Which is fine by me.
    I've kind of missed the really short stories, so this would be fine by me too.

I've kind of missed the really short stories, so this would be fine by me too.
    I picked up all the Dark Horse Book Of... books as they came out, strictly for the HB stories. These DHP books are significantly cheaper (albeit, not as nice of a production as the others were hardcover), so I can't complain.
    "Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to shake things up, but we're going to have to get some pants on this one."

I've bought each issue of DHP so far because there's been a Paul Chadwick Concrete story in the first three. I love Concrete. Then we'll have Beasts of Burden and Mignolaverse stuff, so I'll be buying it for a while at least. I don't know if I'll buy an issue when it doesn't feature a similar draw - but so far there's always a couple of good other stories (besides the one I bought the issue for) to enjoy, and at 80+ pages it's actually a good value.

Default Dark Horse Presents#8 BPRD:An Unmarked Grave

Take a gander at the AWESOME and heartwrentching illustration by Duncan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hbdunc.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    Holy Pathos, Batman! That is one pretty incredible piece of illustration. That..and it carries heft and significance for obvious reasons.

What's the street date on that issue of DHP?

So...the BPRD fang will find out most of what's happened to HB from Alice.
    I wonder if there's anyone at the BPRD trying to reconcile all the crazy stuff going on in their world- like we are- into some larger plan and is trying to form a response.
    Consider that the BPRD has all the pieces we do and then some- they have crazy Doctor O'Donnell, but they must have folklorists and researchers and such- particularly after their giant budget boost!

Prror Kate- with Abe so badly hurt, she's the last of the old guard...and now this.

Maybe this signals my wish coming true that Alice join the BPRD- dod we ever learn what Alice did for a living before HB came back into her life?
    Last edited by Jason Abbadon; 09-02-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.

Oh, wow. That is really something.

Duncan is a master at portraying emotion, and this is gonna be a heart-wrencher, no doubt :(