Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Fan Expo: Milligan Spies Action With "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

This December, writer Peter Milligan introduces readers to a spy with a special type of cover identity with the launch of the re-imagined CrossGen series "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang."

Full article here.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

This wasn't certainly not here I would have expected Milligan, but that remains a nice place to make him know to the Marvel audience.. Axl Alonso is raving for him everywhere, so we can think this is only the beginning..Hope Milligan won't let down all his DC projects..
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Sounds interesting, but... still no Sojourn?

Hey, Marvel! Greg Land's right there! Do this thing!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Milligan is the scribe's scribe. A real writer. With a real flair for gifted storytelling.

Default interesting choice

this title was one of the last gasps right before Crossgen died, and I don't remember much about it, except that it had promise. If I remember correctly, it had almost nothing to do with the sigils (which is what most of the Crossgen series should have done). I have been disappointed in the last few Milligan books that I've tried, but am more than willing to give this one a try.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that they are pretty much jettisoning everything except the name. The first KKBB was a wild romp, a pastiche of everything zany about swinging London, men of mystery, and also skewers the rampant and blatant misogyny of the James Bond works. The main character was basically Sterling Archer from the awesome FX series but in a cool Cold War setting. I had hoped that they would go for something similar in tone, if they couldn't complete the sadly unfinished original series. Couldn't they have at least gotten Mike Perkins to have done covers?

I'm curious to see what the new mini will be like, but I'm saddened that it will be so completely different from what came before.

Hindsight lad