Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shingeki no Kyojin

Shingeki no Kyojin

Anyone else reading this series? I stumbled across this series a while back and I am now about half way through the available chapters and this is a great. Probably one of the best series I've read in a while. Very much in the same vein as a series like Gantz, with it whole dystopian feel, but there is just somehting so unsettling about the way these giants are drawn that just so perfectly complements the story. I mean the art at times isn't the best but I think it really fits the eerie tone of the manga.

Though I am surprised to see that this series is a shounen and not a seinen. I mean with the amount of violence and death it could easily pass as a more mature series. But anyway, I heavily recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the horror/action genre.

Also since this series is selling so well in Japan I have to imagine that soon it will be licensed by some English publisher. It's worth it in my opinion.

Read what I could find. Not my usual fare but I'm curious enough about the giants I may stick with it. All in all, I think it's decent in most regards, and it's a fairly original concept, though other then that I don't quite see what all the hubbub is about.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I read a few chapters and I dig it.

I like it. It is interesting and I really want to know what the deal is with the giants and the kid's dad.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-on-titan-cast

Well, I'm excited.

There is also supposed to be a live action film later in the year, but I have no idea how that will work out. Still I am excited for the anime.

Default Attack on Titan Manga/Anime Discussion Thread

Just started watching the series on the BEST anime full episode site (Can't give the name here, unfortunately), and I loved it.

And the opening?

Awwweeeessooommmmme!

So what do you guys think? Best anime ever?
    S.O.S. - Save Our Seals!

Very nice adaptation, except the pacing's slowed to a crawl lately. Worse, I hear they're doing a recap episode.

As for the opening, I like this version

Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Yeah.

For now I can agree that the opening is one of the most addictive of its kind that I've seen in quite some time.

And that's the only thing I can say for the series at this point.

I think they're starting to get a little carried away with this meme.....
    Last edited by Kevin M.; 06-29-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    Have beer, will drink!

The story is pretty interesting. I'm interested to see how the characters prevail against the giants.

I like the opening and closing songs.

nice check new

Default Attack on Titan season 2 Confirmed.

Attack on Titan season 2 Confirmed.

The Anime “Attack on Titan” or ” Shingeki no Kyojin ” series has become extremely popular these days, as there is a very high number of people who watch daily . From Kuroshitsuji to Kaleido Star and Inuyasha, anime series range is extremely varied and anime artists use different styles to create them.

The Attack on Titan is one of the newest anime series which appeared in 2013 and it was first created by Hajime Isayama . Also known as ” Shingeki no Kyojin ” in Japanese , this anime series follows a plot of action that has a different world from the one we know today, where giant man mangeants destroy people’s lives , by eating for pleasure and not because they are a suitable source of food. However , mankind has managed to survive after they have built walls which were larger than the giants themselves , and thus the city was safe for over 100 years. But when a giant into the city and began to destroy everything around , Eren, a young and to foster sister Mikasa know the most horrible spectacle of their lives : their mother is eaten alive by the giant. Eren promises to start killing all the giants and save people from the terrible action of giants.

The Attack on Titan season 2 .

At this time, the “Attack on Titan” or ” Shingeki no Kyojin ” has only one season, which is composed of about 25 episodes, with three bonus episodes and OVA ( original video animation). The average working time of each episode is 24 minutes and this anime series belongs to different genres and themes , including fantasy , action, horror, tragedy , steampunk, post- apocalyptic, blood, military etc. . While the Attack on Titan anime series is extremely suitable for people and especially teenagers who love this kind of entertainment , it is not recommended for children who are younger than 14 years, as it could have a powerful influence on their behavior , too.

The “Attack on Titan” or ” Shingeki no Kyojin ” is one of the most complex anime series that exists in the present and he held a successful higher places when it comes to action anime . There is a very large number of characters , including Eren, Mikasa , Armin Arlelt , Levi , Ymir and many others. Except giants mangeants man, the rest of the characters has a positive role in the plot anime , as they struggle against these evil creatures to save people from an apocalyptic end might come . However, the number increases constantly giants and terrifying things happen during this time, as Eren and his team are not able to win every single battle .

The creators of this anime series assume that there will be an attack on season 2 Titan in future years. Altogether, this is an anime series of the show ‘s most popular and watched animation in the world, as there are a huge number of people looking on different web sources or downloading directly to their computer . The anime series has many things to offer to observers and it can really teach them one of the most significant in life under : dignity, as Eren fight for justice because the giants have killed his mother in the past.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o81dBnm828
    for more check : http://www.attackontitantv.com/attac...-comming-soon/

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

Default Chapter 54

spoilers:

The Survey Corps' sting operation was successful. Turns out that the company that kidnapped Eren (Jean) and Krista (Armin) were the merchants from way back in the beginning.

Levi cuts a deal with the leader of the merchant company, he will give them the real Eren and Krista in exchange for manpower and resources.

In response to the conspiracy regarding the Church of the Walls, Erwin announces to Pixis his intentions to start an uprising against the King of the Walled Cities.
    end of spoilers

I wish the manga would cut back a bit on the political intrigue that's sprung up over the last few months, and address some things; What's in the Jaeger Basement, and spoilers:
    why are there Titans in the walls
    end of spoilers. This buildup astwere feels more like beating around the bush, hopefully the payoff will be worth it.

yes i allow you to see it
    read more in attack on titan tv

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaGen View Post
    spoilers:

The Survey Corps' sting operation was successful. Turns out that the company that kidnapped Eren (Jean) and Krista (Armin) were the merchants from way back in the beginning.

Levi cuts a deal with the leader of the merchant company, he will give them the real Eren and Krista in exchange for manpower and resources.

In response to the conspiracy regarding the Church of the Walls, Erwin announces to Pixis his intentions to start an uprising against the King of the Walled Cities.
    end of spoilers

I wish the manga would cut back a bit on the political intrigue that's sprung up over the last few months, and address some things; What's in the Jaeger Basement, and spoilers:
    why are there Titans in the walls
    end of spoilers. This buildup astwere feels more like beating around the bush, hopefully the payoff will be worth it.
    I'm feeling the same way. You can tell that this is Hajime Isayama's first series. While it is good, there is a lot that he should have left on the editing room floor, and it's making the series drag. The whole forest thing should been a whole lot shorter. The same with the political intrigue. So I hope it pays off too. I have my speculations and I want to see if they match up.