Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    @Balfro Oh right lol. My bad.

I still thought Tony was less of a prick. IMO Millar's take on him was the worst.
    Tony's great in Millar's run.

What's with all the Tony hate?

Elder Member

I love Tony. I just hated Millar's writing of him in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

Yet he was the same character in Avengers and you we're fine with it?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I love Tony. I just hated Millar's writing of him in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.
    What? But that IS Tony....

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Yet he was the same character in Avengers and you we're fine with it?
    He was different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HolySock View Post
    What? But that IS Tony....
    I see Ellis' Tony as the best Tony.

He was different to me.
    Nothing had changed, quit making things up.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Nothing had changed, quit making things up.
    It's not my fault if it feels different to me, quit being rude.

There is nothing rude about telling you to back up your arguments with evidence, you keep trying arguments like "i feel Ultimates 1 and 2 have alot of plotholes!" and you never back it up, now you further try with this same flawed claims like "Tony is clearly different in Avengers by Millar!" It's just tiresome, you try everything to make it seem Ultimates 1 and 2 are inferior to everything Loeb and post-Ultimatum related, but you provide absolutely nothing on the table why you feel so. This community is getting tired of that same spin coming from you, because you refuse to back it up.
    My Blog

Elder Member

I read Millar's Tony as a very selfish and self-centered. Black Widow kills Jarvis (who may not have even been really named Jarvis lol) and betrays him and Millar has him feel it for about ten seconds.

Ellis' Tony helps Banner find a cure and feels bad for Bruce for never being able to be cured. For me the final two pages of Ultimate Armor Wars #4 shows a completely different Tony then the one that Millar wrote in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

Millar has him feel it for about ten seconds.
    Why would he need hours or days to mope? He had to save the world, he had to struggle with the Liberators while still feeling grief, this is a damn fine hero and a man. Selffish? Yeah being a public hero, getting gifts to your friends and help funding SHIELD is the epitome of selffish. Self-centered? Yeah, thats him. The playful drunk charmer Tony Stark we know and love. Atleast he isn't thinking of cancer kids while boning women, good grief.

For me the final two pages of Ultimate Armor Wars #4 shows a completely different Tony then the one that Millar wrote in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.
    Again you ignore context, why do you do this? You saw Tony depressed in Ultimate Avengers, Armor Wars even happens before this and the ending has him with clear depression, by the time of Ultimate Avengers 2 he clearly has gotten over this.
    My Blog

Elder Member

Again you ignore context, why do you do this? You saw Tony depressed in Ultimate Avengers, Armor Wars even happens before this and the ending has him with clear depression, by the time of Ultimate Avengers 2 he clearly has gotten over this.
    I said I liked Millar writing him Ultimate Avengers. For the record I never ignore context.

I said I liked Millar writing him Ultimate Avengers
    That doens't change anything, it's still the same character from Ultimates 1 & 2.
    For the record I never ignore context.
    You do, don't lie to the community. 2 easy examples are you ignoring Cable being Wolverine and Brian Braddock being Captain Britain in Avengers vs. Ultimates.
    My Blog

Elder Member

That doens't change anything, it's still the same character from Ultimates 1 & 2.
    Need I remind you that Tony was still upset for being part of Wolverine's death in Ultimate Avengers.

You do, don't lie to the community. 2 easy examples are you ignoring Cable being Wolverine and Brian Braddock being Captain Britain in Avengers vs. Ultimates.
    That doesn't mean I don't accept it. I say Cable is Sabertooth, that doesn't mean that in reality he's not Wolverine, it's just something I hope it is changed to. It never said it was Brian in Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates, it was only just confirmed in Ultimate Fallout.

Need I remind you that Tony was still upset for being part of Wolverine's death in Ultimate Avengers.
    Again that doesn't change anything. I don't see what you're aiming at here?

It never said it was Brian in Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates, it was only just confirmed in Ultimate Fallout.
    Because there was absolutely not a single reason why Captain Britain should have been referred by his real name in the field, not a single one. You ignored the context and refused to listen to people.
    My Blog

Elder Member

Again that doesn't change anything. I don't see what you're aiming at here?
    Black Widow = 10 seconds
    Wolverine = weeks

He barely knew Wolverine. How is that not different?

Because there was absolutely not a single reason why Captain Britain should have been referred by his real name in the field, not a single one. You ignored the context and refused to listen to people.
    When you get your powers from a suit you are easily replaceable. Perun anyone?