Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 862
  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    @Balfro Oh right lol. My bad.

    I still thought Tony was less of a prick. IMO Millar's take on him was the worst.
    Tony's great in Millar's run.

    What's with all the Tony hate?

  2. #152
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,974

    Default

    I love Tony. I just hated Millar's writing of him in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

  3. #153
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361

    Default

    Yet he was the same character in Avengers and you we're fine with it?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I love Tony. I just hated Millar's writing of him in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.
    What? But that IS Tony....

  5. #155
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Yet he was the same character in Avengers and you we're fine with it?
    He was different to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by HolySock View Post
    What? But that IS Tony....
    I see Ellis' Tony as the best Tony.

  6. #156
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    He was different to me.
    Nothing had changed, quit making things up.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  7. #157
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Nothing had changed, quit making things up.
    It's not my fault if it feels different to me, quit being rude.

  8. #158
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361

    Default

    There is nothing rude about telling you to back up your arguments with evidence, you keep trying arguments like "i feel Ultimates 1 and 2 have alot of plotholes!" and you never back it up, now you further try with this same flawed claims like "Tony is clearly different in Avengers by Millar!" It's just tiresome, you try everything to make it seem Ultimates 1 and 2 are inferior to everything Loeb and post-Ultimatum related, but you provide absolutely nothing on the table why you feel so. This community is getting tired of that same spin coming from you, because you refuse to back it up.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  9. #159
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,974

    Default

    I read Millar's Tony as a very selfish and self-centered. Black Widow kills Jarvis (who may not have even been really named Jarvis lol) and betrays him and Millar has him feel it for about ten seconds.

    Ellis' Tony helps Banner find a cure and feels bad for Bruce for never being able to be cured. For me the final two pages of Ultimate Armor Wars #4 shows a completely different Tony then the one that Millar wrote in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

  10. #160
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Millar has him feel it for about ten seconds.
    Why would he need hours or days to mope? He had to save the world, he had to struggle with the Liberators while still feeling grief, this is a damn fine hero and a man. Selffish? Yeah being a public hero, getting gifts to your friends and help funding SHIELD is the epitome of selffish. Self-centered? Yeah, thats him. The playful drunk charmer Tony Stark we know and love. Atleast he isn't thinking of cancer kids while boning women, good grief.

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    For me the final two pages of Ultimate Armor Wars #4 shows a completely different Tony then the one that Millar wrote in Ultimates and Ultimates 2.
    Again you ignore context, why do you do this? You saw Tony depressed in Ultimate Avengers, Armor Wars even happens before this and the ending has him with clear depression, by the time of Ultimate Avengers 2 he clearly has gotten over this.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  11. #161
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Again you ignore context, why do you do this? You saw Tony depressed in Ultimate Avengers, Armor Wars even happens before this and the ending has him with clear depression, by the time of Ultimate Avengers 2 he clearly has gotten over this.
    I said I liked Millar writing him Ultimate Avengers. For the record I never ignore context.

  12. #162
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I said I liked Millar writing him Ultimate Avengers
    That doens't change anything, it's still the same character from Ultimates 1 & 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    For the record I never ignore context.
    You do, don't lie to the community. 2 easy examples are you ignoring Cable being Wolverine and Brian Braddock being Captain Britain in Avengers vs. Ultimates.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  13. #163
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    That doens't change anything, it's still the same character from Ultimates 1 & 2.
    Need I remind you that Tony was still upset for being part of Wolverine's death in Ultimate Avengers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    You do, don't lie to the community. 2 easy examples are you ignoring Cable being Wolverine and Brian Braddock being Captain Britain in Avengers vs. Ultimates.
    That doesn't mean I don't accept it. I say Cable is Sabertooth, that doesn't mean that in reality he's not Wolverine, it's just something I hope it is changed to. It never said it was Brian in Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates, it was only just confirmed in Ultimate Fallout.

  14. #164
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Need I remind you that Tony was still upset for being part of Wolverine's death in Ultimate Avengers.
    Again that doesn't change anything. I don't see what you're aiming at here?

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    It never said it was Brian in Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates, it was only just confirmed in Ultimate Fallout.
    Because there was absolutely not a single reason why Captain Britain should have been referred by his real name in the field, not a single one. You ignored the context and refused to listen to people.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  15. #165
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Again that doesn't change anything. I don't see what you're aiming at here?
    Black Widow = 10 seconds
    Wolverine = weeks

    He barely knew Wolverine. How is that not different?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Because there was absolutely not a single reason why Captain Britain should have been referred by his real name in the field, not a single one. You ignored the context and refused to listen to people.
    When you get your powers from a suit you are easily replaceable. Perun anyone?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •